Tips on Dragging for a newbie please...?

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Petester
Stock
Stock

Tips on Dragging for a newbie please...?

Post by Petester »

I am a total newbie at dragging, no matter how many forums or artcles i read i just cant get my time below 11.8 for 1/4

I have SUPRA with 780BHP, stage 3 power, stage 2 handling and aero. I tuned it according to the recommendations from the articles or forums i read, and even though Max grip with no missed shifts, I cant get below 11.8

SO I don tget it, how can you guys get mid 8 or something?
REDNECK69
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Tips on Dragging for a newbie please...?

Post by REDNECK69 »

1.u need all stage 4 parts and stage 2 suspenision 2.u want it to stay on the ground and not wheelie 3. u dont need to use more than 3-4 gears on any car
Petester
Stock
Stock

Post by Petester »

Do I need to get to a certain stage of the game to get stage 4 parts? cuz i only see stage 3...
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

Hmm, thats strange :? I think the stage 4 parts is only avaliable to win through markers, I've only got a stage 4 part one time
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Yes, normally Stage 4 parts are only available through winning markers.

To the original poster:
What you need to do is to maximize the Supra's power. Set Cam Timing to Advance and set the Final Drive Gear Ratio to Short. Also set the Start Boost to the right. Experiment with those settings and see what you can come up with.
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

How much can you improve you time just by doint that?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

When my Supra was Stage 3, it could do 9s.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

...And when my supra was Stage 4, I couldn't get under 8.8.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I can get lower than 8.8s with a Stage 4 Supra. It's difficult to get lower than 7s though. This why you may want to think about another car. However, the setup should be the same.
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

I get in the 7s with a stage 3 Supra :?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Hmmm, maybe I need to redo a few races and check my times.
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

Yeah do that, stage 3 Supra is almost as fast as Zonda
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

are you sure your not mixing 1/2 with 1/4 because most cars do 1/2 around 11.8 with the setup you described. However my Hemi CUda with all stage 4 parts including aero cant even run a 8.50.
Petester
Stock
Stock

Post by Petester »

Yeah, I am pretty sure it is 1/4..

And thanks for the tips.. I am going to see if i can get stage 4... with my supra right now itis hard to win any drag... so I had to work super hard todominate... 3 left in react team sessions..
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

donaldgladden wrote:are you sure your not mixing 1/2 with 1/4 because most cars do 1/2 around 11.8 with the setup you described. However my Hemi CUda with all stage 4 parts including aero cant even run a 8.50.
Many people say that old school american muscle is good for dragracing, is that so? I tried it yesterday, couldnt get below 8.50 either :|
Muck
Stock
Stock

Post by Muck »

He didn't tell you to reduce rear tire pressure:
It will increase grip, if you reduce it enough you have no wheel spin at the start.
You can increrase front tire pressure to maximum in order to reduce rolling resistance, as you don't need grip in the front.
If your wheels don't spin anyway i can't help you.
00bluees
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 00bluees »

i have a supra with 767bhp@8090rpm and 500 lb/ft torque @6515 rpm and my best time is a 8.69. i run 9.0-9.3 consistently with no nitrous and with nitrous i get high 8's. all with not that much performance. heres what i've got. stage 2 engine, stage 2 drivetrain, stage 1 (yes one) turbo, stage 1 suspension, stock brakes, stage one tires, stage one nitrous, stock autosculpt body with no adjustments to the front bumper, stock spoiler and hood, stage 2 roll cage and a racing seat (don't think the last two affect anything??) for tuning wise i have all front compression, rebound and spring rate 2 clicks towards stiff (from the middle) and all rear settings in the middle. ride height is 4 clicks towards low from the middle. front and rear roll bar stiffness 2 clicks towards stiff. front tire presure as high as it will go. rear pressure 3 clicks towards soft. toe, camber, caster and steering response all in the middle. for the engine, cam timing in the middle. start boost one click left. end boost as high as it will go. 2 nitrous settings one click left. ALL tranny settings are dead in the middle. (heck i can probly get less than 8.7 if i play with the gears.) so if you do that there is no reason you shouldn't be getting at least 9's in the quarter.

p.s. just did a 13.88 no nitrous half mile,then a 13.3 with a bad launch and 1 bad shift and nitrous in 6th gear. and just for the heck of it another 9.2 no nitrous *edit*:quarter mile*. hope this helps you. also you can always try the same setup with higher stage stuff and it would probably be faster, maybe not stage 3 suspension might just wheelie then. someone back me up on that.
Last edited by 00bluees on 22 Jan 2008, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Using the settings for the Camaro SS that were given on another thread, I got 6.6. Stage 4 everything, but use Stage 4 suspension only for tuning then switch back to stock because otherwise you will be totalling your car EVERY time you do this.

Set the Cams to Retard, Max boost, jetting and pressure for nitrous, then set spring rate, rebound, ride height, shocks (first 7 in suspension) to lowest settings, then front tire pressure highest, rears lowest. Then you're right, you should get consistant 6.5s or slightly higher/lower. Look out for Infineon on the half-mile though, it gets really unstable and can total if you're not careful. If that doesn't work, the only other thing I can recommend is a car with insane amounts of torque. Try to get a free car marker and get the Zonda, use the same settings.
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Using the settings for the Camaro SS that were given on another thread, I got 6.6. Stage 4 everything, but use Stage 4 suspension only for tuning then switch back to stock because otherwise you will be totalling your car EVERY time you do this.

Set the Cams to Retard, Max boost, jetting and pressure for nitrous, then set spring rate, rebound, ride height, shocks (first 7 in suspension) to lowest settings, then front tire pressure highest, rears lowest. Then you're right, you should get consistant 6.5s or slightly higher/lower. Look out for Infineon on the half-mile though, it gets really unstable and can total if you're not careful. If that doesn't work, the only other thing I can recommend is a car with insane amounts of torque. Try to get a free car marker and get the Zonda, use the same settings.
*Franticly taking notes* :mrgreen: Will try that ;) Thanks :D
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

just try to reset your tuning... I got 6 secs with a non tuned lvl3 supra... Umm, all I can suggest is to start with a slower car and practice technique... use nos when you need it, umm... how are your reflexes? It's very important that the game runs smoothly also, if it lags badly enough your input may not be detected properly.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

No offence to the more advanced players out there, but do you absolutely HAVE TO tune your car?

My Chevelle SS is satisfactory, consistently running high-7s to low-8s. And it only has 600hp, without tuning, so i debate whether you HAVE TO tune ANY of your cars. :wink:
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Um, if you want fast times, then yeah. So far the absolute best I've seen is a 5.4.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Tune if you want to, but sometimes it's crucial to win if you need to maximize your current car..
sP00N2
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sP00N2 »

Stage 4 parts are overrated. Get a Toyota supra and make all of the gears really short except for the final drive. Make the final drive a bit more taller than stock. Set all of the engine settings on high. Change everything above the ride height in suspension settings to soft so you can absorb bumps in some of the bumpier drag strips. Brake settings are fine stock. Of course lv3 parts except for the suspension, and you should be achieving some sick times :D
AMD Athlon X2 4400+ @2.8ghz
ATI Radeon HD3870 512mb
Abit AT8 32X
2gb gskill ddr400
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

could someone please give me tuning info on the Chevelle SS?

Do you think that I could beat the drag king with only 600 bhp and stock tuning?????
oh snap

Return to “ProStreet”