how do you tune your zonda?

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
cwjr
Ricer
Ricer

how do you tune your zonda?

Post by cwjr »

i got the stage 4 engine for my zonda but still have stage 3 for everything else. now my zonda is less stable. how best to tune it for stability..
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Re: how do you tune your zonda?

Post by powerof1000 »

For which mode?
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

yeah, which mode? For grip, you don't need stage 3 at all all, except for suspension.

Just get stage 3 suspension, stage 2 brakes and drivetrain, and stage 1 everything else. You still can win races easily...
oh snap
cwjr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cwjr »

for the speed challenge races and top speed run against ryo.
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

Striker94 wrote:yeah, which mode? For grip, you don't need stage 3 at all all, except for suspension.

Just get stage 3 suspension, stage 2 brakes and drivetrain, and stage 1 everything else. You still can win races easily...
But it still runs faster with everything stage 3?
cwjr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cwjr »

it doesn't run faster than ryo
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Maybe you can't drive it well, because I got by comfortably with an AE 86 for drift, R35 GTR for grip, R34 GTR for speed and Infinity G35 for speed. You don't need a Zonda for everything, most cars are easier to drive and less twitchy, meaning it's easier to win with. BTW, I haven't driven a zonda in the game... I couldn't even afford one if I sold all my cars (20 ish)
cwjr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cwjr »

i've managed to get ryo to total his car on the first and third races. and i won the fifth race with it so i'm good with the zonda now.. but i can't get past the damn drift. ryo keeps getting at least 600 more points than i get no matter what i score. i've tried all my cars including the zonda and the corolla seems to work best but i still can't beat him. i've been working on it for days.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

The Zonda is a great drift car, one of the only european rivals to the japanese drift cars...

The first one is utterly horrible, but if you can pass that with a Mustang, then the second one is an absolute cruise.

as for the Zonda, yes, the Stage 3 will make it faster, but it's already fast enough, and you get more control using the parts I suggested. Also, you get more points...
oh snap
jeffareid
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffareid »

cwjr wrote:i got the stage 4 engine for my zonda but still have stage 3 for everything else. now my zonda is less stable. speed mode
The 911 Turbo is much better for speed mode. It has much less tendency to go airborne than every other car in the game, and the speed mode version isn't as senstitive to steering. In addition, the 911 Turbo get a huge handicap in both speed and grip mode, making it a good choice for both modes. Without patch 1.1, the Zonda is the fastest grip mode car, followed by the Ford GT, then the 911 Turbo, but the 911 Turbo gets the biggest handicap and is easier to win with for career mode.
cwjr wrote:can't get past the damn drift. ryo keeps getting at least 600 more points
The main thing for drift is to use the brake (or the handbrake if you haven't upgraded to patch 1.1). This locks up all 4 tires, which allows the car to go straight forward while sliding sideways and gaining drift points, but doesn't slow the car down much. Use the brake / handbrake to extend drifts, especially when approaching the finish line. The other tip is to run in a taller gear, like using 3rd gear instead of 2nd gear. I used the RX7, because it's small and fits in the narrower spaces on some of the drift tracks.

I made a video of the two "problem" drift tracks, Tokyo A and Autopolis F, getting over 4000 points for both, which is more than enough for the career mode events.

npdtaafrx7.wmv

Return to “ProStreet”