2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
rolexman1
Stock
Stock

Drag Tuning and speed

Post by rolexman1 »

Hey all,

I have a couple questions.

I know there are pc players that are killing the drag times, but I think it is a glitch that I just cant do with a PS3 controller. they neutral drop to 5th at the gun and hit nitro. just doesnt work on ps3... can anyone on ps3 actually do this and post a 5 second time.

I have 4 drag cars all maxed out to the hilt and can not get past 7 seconds.
I have the viper, gt500, ss, and the drag kings car. the drag kings car is the slowest of them all.

what are the best tuning settings.

I have the cam all the way to retarded, 1st gear to short, then I messed around with other settings. I was hiting nitro in 4th gear as soon as i shift and got low 8s high 7s. i started hitting nitro in 3rd and got to low 7s. 7.1x on all 4 cars.

with a couple of my cars when I moved the gears all the way left or all the way right, they became real unstable, started bouncing and flipping, thought it was my shock settings, I had all the way stiff, now I put them back in middle, but car was still unstable.

i have the gt500, is most stable and reliable at low 7s, but the SS is the monster wheelie, I can max out 1300 every time

any suggestions welcome,

what should the shock settings be, what should the gear settings be.
Oh yeah, aero dynamics, i have them maxed out, but not sure if extra body weight slows car, also the spoiler, good or bad, it says it creates more stable at hi speed but lowers max speed. in the 1/2 mile is that a good thing? I have max speed minimum drag on the body.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Re: Drag Tuning and speed

Post by baumaxx1 »

Ok... tuning, for 1/4 mile, get the best results by lowering final drive, as you want response rather then ultimate top speed. The other setting depend on the car, so it takes a bit of playing around, but just have turbo on max... turbo lag isn't an issue in this game. Aero can shave a few milliseconds of your time and increase speed. About controllability, on the non-wheelie car, stick with lvl 2 suspension.
tylerc146
Stock
Stock

Post by tylerc146 »

Whats your moster wheelie set up as im having trouble
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

rolexman1 wrote:Hey all,

I have a couple questions.

I know there are pc players that are killing the drag times, but I think it is a glitch that I just cant do with a PS3 controller. they neutral drop to 5th at the gun and hit nitro. just doesnt work on ps3... can anyone on ps3 actually do this and post a 5 second time.

I have 4 drag cars all maxed out to the hilt and can not get past 7 seconds.
I have the viper, gt500, ss, and the drag kings car. the drag kings car is the slowest of them all.

what are the best tuning settings.

I have the cam all the way to retarded, 1st gear to short, then I messed around with other settings. I was hiting nitro in 4th gear as soon as i shift and got low 8s high 7s. i started hitting nitro in 3rd and got to low 7s. 7.1x on all 4 cars.

with a couple of my cars when I moved the gears all the way left or all the way right, they became real unstable, started bouncing and flipping, thought it was my shock settings, I had all the way stiff, now I put them back in middle, but car was still unstable.

i have the gt500, is most stable and reliable at low 7s, but the SS is the monster wheelie, I can max out 1300 every time

any suggestions welcome,

what should the shock settings be, what should the gear settings be.
Oh yeah, aero dynamics, i have them maxed out, but not sure if extra body weight slows car, also the spoiler, good or bad, it says it creates more stable at hi speed but lowers max speed. in the 1/2 mile is that a good thing? I have max speed minimum drag on the body.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Grab a Camaro SS, with all Stage 3 parts except suspension, leave it as stock otherwise it'll veer off and total. Go to engine, set the cam timing all the way to retard, all the others to the maximum setting, then go to drivetrain, set fifth so the dot sits under the 5 in "5th", and put 6th one click to the right. Then go to a drag, heat up the rubber, then slot it into fifth, gas and NOS at the same time as soon as the race starts, and while you won't get in the fives, it truly is impossible on PS3, I managed a 6.46.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

i don't like that strategy...

I just use the chevelle SS with all stage 3, all boost set to max, and that's it. I start the proper way-rev in neutral, then shift my way up from 1st to 5th! consistent sub-8 times...
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

...And I get consistant 6.5s...

Seriously, it's a tried and tested method and it bloody works!
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:...And I get consistant 6.5s...

Seriously, it's a tried and tested method and it bloody works!
I got a Supra that runs consistent high 5's. Lowest I ever got was a 5.73, but then again, there's guys running mid 5 Supras.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

And i'm guessing that you cheat and use stage 4 parts... (no offence)
oh snap
grnkjr0
Ricer
Ricer

Post by grnkjr0 »

Why is using stage 4 parts cheating - Striker94 ?

I do 5.38 sec online with my Supra all the time at Autobahn - no big deal.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

hmm, I meant as in use 'unlockallthings' cheat, and get all stage 4 parts...

If you got them using conventional ways, then you're a very lucky guy...
oh snap
grnkjr0
Ricer
Ricer

Post by grnkjr0 »

Hell no - after I finished career twice - I sure used the unlockallthings code - why would I need to race same track 1000 times to get that one part I need in a particular car. What if you have 15-20 cars - how many races in career do you think is needed to get all stage 4 parts for them? - OMG :)

It sure would have been a lot easier - if after getting a stage part in each tier - you could use it on any car.

Everybody want´s to try out as many cars as possible - and with stage 4 parts in all.

Yes - I used the code - but if you wanna race 5000 races in career mode for your 20 cars - go ahead....
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

grnkjr0 wrote:Hell no - after I finished career twice - I sure used the unlockallthings code - why would I need to race same track 1000 times to get that one part I need in a particular car. What if you have 15-20 cars - how many races in career do you think is needed to get all stage 4 parts for them? - OMG :)

It sure would have been a lot easier - if after getting a stage part in each tier - you could use it on any car.

Everybody want´s to try out as many cars as possible - and with stage 4 parts in all.

Yes - I used the code - but if you wanna race 5000 races in career mode for your 20 cars - go ahead....
you

know what the funny thing is? I might do it on some random career, but it doesn't work on PS2!
oh snap

Return to “ProStreet”