What am I doing wrong?

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Sting Ray
Ricer
Ricer

What am I doing wrong?

Post by Sting Ray »

Why can't I get the American cars competitive? Why is my untuned 240Z grip car out handle the Z06 I just wasted all my money on? What am I doing wrong? Where should I concentrate my tuning effort, I wish there was a test track so you could test the changes before entering a real race and ruining your stats.
rolexman1
Stock
Stock

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by rolexman1 »

im new to the game but played a lot the last few days on ps3 with a sixaxis.

got 6000 as one of my highest scores but can get 4 to 5k most of the time now.

i used a porsche initially because I did not know better. I have it maxed out to the hilt stage 4 everything. and I kill with it. I also have the drift kings car and it is easier to be more consistent.

I put the cam level all the way to retard, i put gear 1 all the way to short, then gear 2 to short and gear 3 to short.

i crank it up to 3rd gear on most of the easy courses and can drift without even using the hand brake, its definitely a touch thing. the faster and steeper you go the faster the score cranks it, it took me a while to figure out what I was supposed to be doing.. by steep they mean dont go sideways, sideways is bad, car should be on an angle, so the faster you can go and maintain a controlled drift the steeper the car will be, by sideways the car will eventuall stop.. the way the courses are designed the car should almost pull out of one drift and flip into another on its own with a little feathering of the gas..

if the first turn is to the left, crank it and head towards the far right of the road then as it turns left as you turn left the car should flip into a drift to the left and you have the whole width of the road to drift on, if you start on the left and drift left you crash into wall and stop halfway down the road.

hope that helps, I dont know anything about cars and I am learning, was about to post a question about dragging..
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Sting Ray wrote:Why can't I get the American cars competitive? Why is my untuned 240Z grip car out handle the Z06 I just wasted all my money on? What am I doing wrong? Where should I concentrate my tuning effort, I wish there was a test track so you could test the changes before entering a real race and ruining your stats.
Try adding suspension upgrades and tire upgrades. Then, tune your suspension like this:

Springs, shocks: fully stiff
Low ride height
Stiff swaybars
Super-soft tires
Super-stiff steering response
Slightly negative camber

and leave Toe and Caster neutral.

However, I personally haven't gotten very good results with the Z06. The setup I posted was for the best results I got.
rolexman1
Stock
Stock

Post by rolexman1 »

im an idiot.. i misread your post as drift not grip...and offered drift advice

the thing that helped me the most is changing the brake bias, to favor the front, the ass end swings loose around turns allowing you to maintain.

also most of the harder grip courses require you to stay in 2nd or 3rd most of the time and only open it up on a couple straight aways.

I set up my car like my drag with very low cam, and short 1st, bump up second gear a little past short, then third a little past second. that way you can hard accelerate through all those little turns, you also have to use the brake, I set my brakes to full pressure. I hammer it down the straights or up to a turn in third then hammer the brake slide and downshift... follow the green lines for best angles.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Sting Ray wrote:Why can't I get the American cars competitive? Why is my untuned 240Z grip car out handle the Z06 I just wasted all my money on? What am I doing wrong? Where should I concentrate my tuning effort, I wish there was a test track so you could test the changes before entering a real race and ruining your stats.
Jap cars are fanastic handlers, so don't be surprised if they handle better then the corvette. However... stiffen up the car, and lower it to make it handle better. You can test setting in race-practice. Damage is repaired for free and you can tune on the fly.
Sting Ray
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sting Ray »

Thanks for the tips, I am still a little baffled by the poor performance of the American cars in the game. When was the last time a Nissan or Honda had an over all win at the 24 hours of Le Mans or Daytona.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

The cars in the game are street legal style, and tuners make incredibly fast streeters when tuned. I'm sure it would be a completely different story if they were touring cars or LM cars.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

The problem with American cars, as most people agree, is not power, or the lack of it, but suspension or handling...

In Prostreet this is clearly defined, with American cars better suited to speed and drag work rather than grip. The Corvette Z06 is very powerful, and in real life, they apparantely have MRC (magnetic ride control), which could make it the complete all-round package. owever, in Prostreet, the Yanks are horrible understeering car, with the only advantage being gained from the straights.

Here''s a tip-get a all-stage 2 except suspension, which would be sstage 3 Z06, and then get a all stage 1, again except for suspension, Evo IX/X/Skyline R34/R35.

That's how I'm using my cash.
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah... this game throws up a few stereotypes.

Return to “ProStreet”