nfsu bug :)

2003 Need for Speed Underground
lala
Ricer
Ricer

nfsu bug :)

Post by lala »

heyho

has this ever happen to anyone.. i was online racing around etc.. then when i finished a game and reconnected back to the chatroom i saw 2 of my nicks on the nicklist :shock: ..tought ok maybe a lag ghost or something like that and went to race on then when i tried to join a game it kept saying uknown error blabla so i disconnected from ea.com and tried to reconnect .. and now it says "you are already log in to the server" at the account log-in point lol

i checked my outgoing connections to see if theres anything strange or maybe a screen running and doesnt wanna disconnect from ea but everything seems to be ok

so .. what to do? any ideas? :)
Om3n-PL
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Om3n-PL »

restart your comp to clear the memory
fv
Ricer
Ricer

Post by fv »

Om3n-PL wrote:restart your comp to clear the memory
ROTFL! This _is_ a bug, like those when you start the game and immediately get info "Player that started this game canceled it". The question is whether this is game itself, server or protocol bug.

In my opinion communicating protocols both between server<->user and users<->game's host are plain crap and were written by newbies without online game experience. Moreover it wasn't tested or obvious flaws were ignored.

If memory was randomly contaminated by such garbage game would crash instantly. Have you ever written and debugged any program ?
lala
Ricer
Ricer

Post by lala »

indeed .. the online engine is rather crappy and thank god it has nothing to do with memory:) ..anyways problem cleared on its own ..it seems that ea.com gets rehashed every now and then when it gets too stacked with empty channels and too many users hammering it

good day :)
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

I had exactly the same problem and I solved it - I never played online NFSU again.
AngelSiN
Drift King
Drift King

Post by AngelSiN »

Yeh,me too,but i still play online.

Return to “Underground”