Why do we always have to start behind all of the slow cpu's?

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
sP00N2
Ricer
Ricer

Why do we always have to start behind all of the slow cpu's?

Post by sP00N2 »

Honestly. Nevada speed challenges suck nads when your trying to get in font of a wide bodied car going at 150mph in a 2 lane road with no emergency lanes? Why do we need to be behind all of the cpu's in the first place? Isn't this just a cheap tactic to hide ai flaws? The last time I checked, the ai in prostreet is pretty decent. I just wish that it coudl be a randomization of what position you started in, rather than having to do the impossible and bypass a slow going block of ai cars in small roadways like those in the Nevada courses.

Also why the hell would a highway only have 2 lanes? Honestly this issue wouldn't be so bad if they just made 3-4 lanes. It's also unsafe and against roadway regulations to make a stretch of road like that with no emergency lanes. And for 4-8 cars racing at speeds like that at the same time just sounds downright stupid.

I just wish I could race in speed challenge without the slow moving road hogging ai. >.<
AMD Athlon X2 4400+ @2.8ghz
ATI Radeon HD3870 512mb
Abit AT8 32X
2gb gskill ddr400
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Why do we always have to start behind all of the slow cpu's?

Post by powerof1000 »

It's being "fair". The most powerful cars go at the back to give the others a chance, I think.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I think the grid should be according to "performace", so the faster are last. However, just get a powerful AWD car to launch ahead of everyone from the start.

About Nevada Highway, I'd believe it's like that. In Australia there are two lane highways in the middle of nowhere, but there are run off zones and overtaking lanes. Some of the older roads are just road and dirt, but the ones that get a lot of use are ok.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

No matter what car you have, you ALWAYS start last.

The trick is to get an all-wheel drive car. If you can't get one, then aim for the gap between the two front cars. If you've got decent power on your car, you should be able to squeeze through.
oh snap
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

I agree with sPOON2 that the nevada highway courses is a real pain when there is no emergency lane and it's real easy to roll you car on it, also i think the ai drivers play a little dirty when they try to push you out of there way. ](*,)
Ati Radeon 4670 1 gig ram, intel duo core 2 2.3 gig cpu & sb x-fi sound card, 3 gig
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

hugh750 wrote:I agree with sPOON2 that the nevada highway courses is a real pain when there is no emergency lane and it's real easy to roll you car on it, also i think the ai drivers play a little dirty when they try to push you out of there way. ](*,)
Push the fools first. It's real fun to see their cars flip and possibly take half the world out.
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

i thikn the ai in the game sucks anyway because the cpu will always follow there path even when ur overtaking a car he still crashes into u because he always take the same line he want
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Quite frankly I don't particularly care, I'm used to starting last anyway because I always have to do it in Gran Turismo, Burnout, and practically any other racing game I've ever played. No biggie, really, I just rev up the Skyline and away I go, within 5 seconds I'm in front and pulling a lead of 2 or 3.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

but here's the point-if you DON'T have an incredibly fast AWD car, then you have some real trouble getting ahead, especially in the G-Effect races, where everyone except Rudy bloody Chen forms a roadblock.

And, not everyone is a full-pro driver armed with a steering wheel, so not everyone can hold the lead!
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Striker94 wrote:but here's the point-if you DON'T have an incredibly fast AWD car, then you have some real trouble getting ahead, especially in the G-Effect races, where everyone except Rudy bloody Chen forms a roadblock.

And, not everyone is a full-pro driver armed with a steering wheel, so not everyone can hold the lead!
Who says you need a steering wheel?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

And who says you need to be a pro driver. Seriously, if you can spare the cash to afford and tune up an R34, which is not much at all, you have your insanely powerful AWD car. End of Story.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

@baumaxx-I was refering to koenigsegg there, so no, you don't need a steering wheelk

@koenigsegg-I was refering to the fact that i thought you were very very good at Prostreet

AND, yes, i suppose you're right, R34 is great, but is the R35 better? R34 vs R35 vs Proto! Evo IX vs Evo X vs STi!
911 Turbo vs GT2!
oh snap
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

Striker94 wrote:R34 is great, but is the R35 better? R34 vs R35 vs Proto! Evo IX vs Evo X vs STi!
911 Turbo vs GT2!
R35 is insanely slow, the PROTO doesn't fare much better. I say jump on the R34 bandwagon (unless you get baumaxx's R35 settings), the STi is a good car for me on the Leipzig track and quite a few others (it killed Ulrik Armstrong's EVO X on a long stretch of road), the EVO IX is an absolute monster on the full Texas Oval, and the EVO X? Uh... Not sure really. It's no speed monster... grip is on par with STi (both without WBK), but there isn't much I can really say...

As for 911 GT2... the car is insanely screwed up in this game, I should've made one of my custom GT2s a 911 Turbo...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Really, its max boost, looow gearing. You really have to play around with it...
I'll upload my save so you can take a look at the settings.
My save... look for the R35
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Striker94 wrote:@baumaxx-I was refering to koenigsegg there, so no, you don't need a steering wheelk

@koenigsegg-I was refering to the fact that i thought you were very very good at Prostreet

AND, yes, i suppose you're right, R34 is great, but is the R35 better? R34 vs R35 vs Proto! Evo IX vs Evo X vs STi!
911 Turbo vs GT2!
Actually, there are probably a few people on here that could give me a run for my money.

The R35, despite being awesome and since Wheels Magazine reviewed it and said it is better than the 911 Turbo which then eliminates all those rumours, is worse than the R34 in ProStreet. Evo X I say is better than the Evo IX but my STi could probably beat it, and the 911 GT2 is absolutely useless on tight courses, much like the Zonda. Too much power, not enough traction.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

So according to you...

R34>R35, even not considering price

911>everything in Prostreet

R34 is very very very good, as is the Turbo

I tried the Turbo with stock tuning, but it wasn't that fast, so...

could you please send me your tuning? please?
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

911= Turn up the boost, shorten the gears. That's all I did.

And CONSIDERING the price, R34=30,000 > R35=60,000. End of Story.
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

Speaking of 911's... I know this is off-topic, but have any of you watched the Top Gear episode where the three presenters take supercars to Paris? Now... is Rudy Chen's 911 going to be able to fit through the carpark exit? I imagine not, and then he'll be more embarassed than the Top Gear boys...

@Koenigsegg about the Zonda: I actually use one for grip races, and i must say, it is actually quite a good car. The 911 GT2... yeah. Nothing going for it in this game.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Stock power, yes, but bump up the power and it'll wheelspin like mad trying to get it to the ground.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

geez mate, you really like to heat things up with your sigs, don't you?

It's nice, but onto the topic-thanks for the advice-I got a 911Turbo for grip, Evo X for grip, R35 for speed!
oh snap
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

baumaxx1 wrote:Really, its max boost, looow gearing. You really have to play around with it...
I'll upload my save so you can take a look at the settings.
My save... look for the R35
I DL'd your savegame... sorry mate, but I still prefer the 911. Anything that can't catch Paul Trask on the oval and can't out-corner Rudy Chen doesn't really deserve a place in my stable. Oh, and the R35 suffers from severe understeer on the Texas Oval. Tried to turn left, steering locked up, car drove like it was on ice, hit the wall = totaled.

911: "EAT ME, PAUL TRASK!" *roars away* I even bought a 911 on your savegame and forgot the nitro. That's the car called 'Henrik the Horrible' in my garage. I still destroyed Rudy Chen by miles... and the setup was pretty much the same as your R35 - scratch that, I killed him with an untuned 911.

911 may be a noobmobile, but I like leaving everyone in the dust, mate... Also a good car to try and turn into a racecar.
Striker94 wrote:but onto the topic-thanks for the advice-I got a 911Turbo for grip, Evo X for grip, R35 for speed!
Hey, how are the cars? You kill Rudy yet? I say... get rid of the EVO X and keep the 911. Great all-rounder as I've been banging on for ages... I also use a 911 for Speed and I'm still testing a Porsche Cayman S for drift... Good grip car while it lasted...
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

ummm, does anyone own a GT2 and a Proto?

I just wanted to know, which one's better for speed challenge?
oh snap
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

Striker94 wrote:ummm, does anyone own a GT2 and a Proto?

I just wanted to know, which one's better for speed challenge?
Oh, 911 GT2, forgive me for all the horrible things I have said! :cry: I have misjudged you, overlooked your capabilities at Speed racing! Don't kill me, for I pronounce you one of the Porsche kings!

Seriously, the 911 GT2 shares the same traits as the Turbo, except that it is slower off the line and has some low-@$$ gear ratios. With my normal ratios, car shifts to 2nd gear at 30 MPH, and no amount of tweaking will fix that. The 911 GT2 is less twitchy than the 911 Turbo (and the Turbo is stable as hell). However, it has more torque than a Veyron, and the wheelspin is enormous. However, get it up to speed and hah! Off we go!

The PROTO? I've driven one before on Nevada. Hella slow when it comes to speed, use baumaxx's R35 tuning (in his save) if you wanna use one. oh, and you can't tune the exterior, too.

Go with the GT2 if you want a Porsche with a higher BHP output than a Turbo, but use the Turbo if you want a stable, all-round car. The GT2 understeers a bit.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

how much is the GT2 again?
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

182,000. It is only really good for speed, it has the same problems as a tuned Zonda.

Return to “ProStreet”