Grand Theft Auto: IV

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Grand Theft Auto: IV

Post by TheStig »

So I'm not the only one who thinks it's not a perfect 10.

I agree it's a fun game, but it sure is overhyped. (could almost be a EA product, only this time it does work without major flaws)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

How about a 9.99 ?

This game OWNS !!
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

^^^ I second that... :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

You're both just blinded by fanboyism.

Sorry but you even mentioned that it has some flaws and you are even willing to give it a 9.99999....etc

That's just pure fanboyism, cause nothing that is not flawless can have such a high rating.

Sure it's a good game, it has a massive city without any loadingtime while driving etc and that combined with very decent GFX, and a decent storyline (be it very repetitive, but you can see right trough it if you're a true fanboy.)
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

IGN wrote:A "10" is not a score we give out very often. In fact, the last time we gave a 10 to a console game was Soul Calibur in 1999. A 10 doesn't mean a game is perfect -- it means a game is pushing boundaries, expanding a genre, and doing many things to a level so far above and beyond its competitors that they overshadows any flaws. Certainly, GTA IV has some issues, the most noticeable being the occasional flaw in the cover system, but there are many more pieces of GTA IV that are better than anything I've seen from a game in the past decade. We don't give 10s often -- just to games that merit the score.
:wink:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

TheStig wrote:You're both just blinded by fanboyism.

Sorry but you even mentioned that it has some flaws and you are even willing to give it a 9.99999....etc

That's just pure fanboyism, cause nothing that is not flawless can have such a high rating.

Sure it's a good game, it has a massive city without any loadingtime while driving etc and that combined with very decent GFX, and a decent storyline (be it very repetitive, but you can see right trough it if you're a true fanboy.)
Fanboyism !? No

Of course the game is not perfect, but hey..there are a lot of great things in this game that makes you addicted to playing it.

You think the missions are repetitive ? so what ? its still GTA game you know, it has to feel like the previous GTA games, and those cut scenes along with the voice acting deserve an Oscar.

and what about the new Euphoria physics engine ? i'd give the game a 10 for that physics engine only, maybe you should play some more to experience its awesomeness.

New graphics, great looking & detailed New York based city, decent soundtrack, many activities to do in game (minigames too), new AI system...seriously this game has LOTS of new & great things to immerse you in it.

Oh, and did i mention the 15 modes of multiplayer that work without any lag whatsoever ?

If the past installments got no less than 9 or 9.5, then yes..this game fully deserves a perfect 10, even if it has some flaws & glitches.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Well glitches, bugs whatever can be fixed from a patch which no doubt will get it. Seeing DLC will be coming for Xbox 360 soonish?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I can't believe the past installments got a 9.5 or a 9, I did try GTA SA, and didn't even see a reason to buy it.

It's not that I don't like the GTA concept, and the GFX is good for such a big city, and the mini games like darts and bowling etc got me occupied for... well minutes.

The storyline isn't bad if it was a 1 time game but it's basicly the same as the other GTA games.. you come to a city have 1 connection who helps you with jobs that are at first pretty clean and it gets more violent after you meet more people, then you have to kill people you worked for and have to choose sides (choice is already made for you) and you continue to grow in the criminal circuit.

Sure other types of games have the same problem that it's basicly the same for every installment.
In a racing game all you do is race, and to compare it with lets say the NFS series the storyline isn't have bad it's even original but then it's comparing a racing game with the most cheesy storyline ever made (but the why does a racing game need a story...)

The cutscenes are done well, I wouldn't call it oscar worthy, but then recent hollywood movies are not what they used to be eighter so the game might have a chance :mrgreen:
I do watch the cutscenes cause they are the storyline and the thing that makes the game interesting and makes me want to continue playing the game.
It would be nice if the cutscenes are interactive cause sometimes I would love to just shoot the person I am talking to just to shut them up cause they are seriously annoying, like the like that brainless piece of muscle you sometimes have to work for....

I have to give them 1 thing the cars do really feel like american cars, they all have horrible handling and steer like a boat, so that's one thing they sure did accurate, it does have a fun factor to it.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

TheStig wrote:I have to give them 1 thing the cars do really feel like american cars, they all have horrible handling and steer like a boat, so that's one thing they sure did accurate, it does have a fun factor to it.
As an American I must say... LOL. :lol:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

TheStig wrote:It would be nice if the cutscenes are interactive cause sometimes I would love to just shoot the person I am talking to just to shut them up cause they are seriously annoying, like the like that brainless piece of muscle you sometimes have to work for....
You dont like Brucie ? man, he is so funny. :lol:
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

TheStig wrote:then you have to kill people you worked for and have to choose sides (choice is already made for you) and you continue to grow in the criminal circuit.
The choice aint made for you, you decide who you want to kill :P.

* Spoiler *

Like the mission when you have to kill Playboy Or Dwyane ^^.]
Explicit signature removed.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

And sometimes you can decide who lives and who doesn't but that doesn't very much change the final outcome now does it?

I just wich I could kill Brucie for instance he is a major annoyance, I simply can't stand him, I simply can't choose to ignore him fully.
Just like the fact that the game tells you: Mr X* is now your friend...
I don't even like him, how can he be my friend.... now I have to do fun things with this bastard (in other words I keep ignoring his calls or meet somewhere but simply don't show up :D

* what ever name you want to use
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Skyline_man wrote: You dont like Brucie ? man, he is so funny. :lol:
I thought he was funny too... Not like he's a cool guy, but his douche bagginess makes him hilarious. He reminds me of FPS Doug from Pure Pwnage. :lol:
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Yay, I'm on the final mission, I could tell you guys what happen but meh it will spoil it :P, Well theirs 2 options anyway at the end ^^.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Skyline_man wrote:
TheStig wrote:You're both just blinded by fanboyism.

Fanboyism !? No

Of course the game is not perfect, but hey..there are a lot of great things in this game that makes you addicted to playing it.

You think the missions are repetitive ? so what ? its still GTA game you know, it has to feel like the previous GTA games, and those cut scenes along with the voice acting deserve an Oscar.

and what about the new Euphoria physics engine ? i'd give the game a 10 for that physics engine only, maybe you should play some more to experience its awesomeness.

New graphics, great looking & detailed New York based city, decent soundtrack, many activities to do in game (minigames too), new AI system...seriously this game has LOTS of new & great things to immerse you in it.

Oh, and did i mention the 15 modes of multiplayer that work without any lag whatsoever ?

If the past installments got no less than 9 or 9.5, then yes..this game fully deserves a perfect 10, even if it has some flaws & glitches.
Lol, now that sounds like a fanboy to me.

And be honest, the things you can do in the city are BOORRRIINNGG..
Come on, all those things are fun to do once.
And the friendship thing is not fun too, it's more like The Sims.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

So I came across a hidden car while online earlier today...The car is called a Sultan RS (or something like that, I forget). It's got the front end of a Lexus IS300, rear end of a Evo VI, and sounds like a STI. The car is raced-out with a carbon fiber parts and everything. The thing is pretty sweet. Has a nice little turbo and BOV sound to go with it as well. Check out this video if you don't know about it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0IqSL4xKLSA

And even better... There's a hidden F-22 Raptor at the airport. Here's a video if you don't know about this one as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SYVdI7Llrg&NR=1
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Man i love that song, damn classics ^^, btw i didn't get rick rolled, i read the comments first :lol:
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

any news on gta4 coming to PC yet?
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

TheStig wrote:It would be nice if the cutscenes are interactive cause sometimes I would love to just shoot the person I am talking to just to shut them up cause they are seriously annoying, like the like that brainless piece of muscle you sometimes have to work for.....
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0011401/ Guess you should kill him because he was the voice actor of Brucie :P
Silver Quantum
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Silver Quantum »

for those who are not impressed by the game: how do YOU see a perfect game? statisticaly speaking gta 4 is the most complex game in the history so far. what would YOU do to make a game perfect? obviously the people at rockstar do everything they can to make the game as complex as possible but they can only do as much as present technology allows. so if you think you would make a much better perfect 10 game then tell us how would you change gta 4 into a better game? what would you add?
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Silver Quantum wrote:for those who are not impressed by the game: how do YOU see a perfect game? statisticaly speaking gta 4 is the most complex game in the history so far. what would YOU do to make a game perfect? obviously the people at rockstar do everything they can to make the game as complex as possible but they can only do as much as present technology allows. so if you think you would make a much better perfect 10 game then tell us how would you change gta 4 into a better game? what would you add?
Your now saying that the more complex a game is, the better it is..
That's so not true! They should leave out the friendship things for example, but that wouldn't make it much more complex now does it?
Adding things doesnt necessarily improve the game.
Silver Quantum
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Silver Quantum »

you didnt get my point. i asked you how would you see a game like gta 4 perfect? what would you change that would make it better from your point of view?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The friendship thing is getting annoying, I keep getting phonecalls from Roman... ooh lets hang out, ooh lets get drunk etc. I always hang up cause I don't have time for that shiznit.
Same goes for the Internet BS, If I want to go online, I do it on a real computer, not in a game.

They did a good job with the game, but they did add alot of stuff that isn't usefull and only entertaining for a few minutes, after that it's nothing more then annoying.

I do like the helicopters, It's abit getting used to but they're fast, fun to fly and they can lang almost anywhere :D

What I do think is strange is the diffirence in difficulty in the missions, some are just to easy, others are very hard.
Silver Quantum
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Silver Quantum »

everything what you said means the game is only complex. those few little details give the game the complexity. for gamers it might not be a big deal but it makes the game more and more complete. you said about the internet that it should not have been included because if you want to use the net then you can use the real internet. if that is the case, why not say the same about the weapons? if i want to use weapons i will just go and buy a real gun and stop playing a stupid game. and also about the difficulty in missions obvious all missions can not have the same difficulty level. and i am more than sure that people like the friendship stuff in the game. and i am more than sure that you play the game just for the missions to finish the game fast. but the game was not meant to be finished fast. it was meant to replicate real life as much as possible and many people like to play the game not for the missions particulary. they like to play the game just because it has stuff that other games don't. and because of those stuff gta 4 is the most complete and most complex game in the history. have you ever wondered why the game is a best seller among any kind of electronic or informatic or entertainment industry? for people like you who do not appreciate the small details of the game, gta 4 is just another game with missions that needs to be finished
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

TheStig wrote:What I do think is strange is the diffirence in difficulty in the missions, some are just to easy, others are very hard.
Yeah, i agree, i remember after passing some hard mission, there was a mission where you had to snipe someone from the roof, and then mission complete, i was like...WTF !! Thats it ?

I am on mission 70 now i guess, not too long till i beat the storyline.

Return to “The Games”