RC Car Fanclub

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

RC Car Fanclub

Post by blah2 »

This thread is for fans and guys who have a RC car (gas or electric).
Show us pictures of your RC car. Tuning, controller, motor etc. Show us your dream RC car that you will or would like to buy. Discuss anything you want about them. I shall start, as I love RC cars very much, with some pictures of my Peugeot 206 WRC. I removed the vinyls, brushed it and i am currently adding new vinyls (with the spray-paint). The 1st one is sparco:

This is the body:

This is the controller. Too bad that i forgot my antena at my friend (he lives 4 km from here). So I told him to get it back by tomorrow 3.00 pm GMT+2:

Now i shall post the secret. Get any vinyl that fits the car and it's not too complicated on an A4. Then cut the letters or image, and you should have a hole in the paper in the form of the vinyl. Now paper glue it to the plastic bodykit. Then spray gently from about 20 - 30 cm until it's covered (do not spray lots as it will peal off later, in about 2 months, be careful). After 8 - 10 minutes strip the paper gently , but very gently as the paint is not dry yet. Then let it for another 30 mins - 1 hour. Enjoy!
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

O shiznit. I tried this vinyl onto my RC car's hood, then my bottle of spray went a bit boom in the zone of my finger. All my bathroom is kind of full of paint. BUT MY DAMN VINYL IS MESSED UP.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Nice.

I never got around to purchasing a nitro RC. Im thinking of ordering one of the Drift kits from Yokomo this christmas.
korge
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

taken 5 mins ago
EDIT --- Im gonna get a bigger enigine and straight pipe it ive disable the 4WD b/c RWD is more fun IMO goes about 45 to 50 mph depending how i gear it and what type of fuel i use
Attachments
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

That's awesome. I am planning on buying an electric RC in spring 2007 because i can't afford maintenance and fuel type. Anyway batteries are easier to recharge. I heard some batteries can hold up to 4 hours+.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Im looking for an RC drifter
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

blah2 wrote:That's awesome. I am planning on buying an electric RC in spring 2007 because i can't afford maintenance and fuel type. Anyway batteries are easier to recharge. I heard some batteries can hold up to 4 hours+.
More like 15 minutes.
korge
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

I was thinking about getting into this hobby, but I have absolutely no hobby stores near me that sell nitro rc cars. Electric ones are everywhere, but they are crap, you cant get the same speed and power with electric that you can get with gas.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

thats partly true but there are some electric ones that have ALOT of power i have one that does wheelies on demand
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

Like the Raven ST. This is the one I have, exact colour and everything. Much cheaper and easier to run than nitro cars and it just goes like stink. I've won all my races with this baby 8)
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

Well i asked my mother to send me one from france. She asked at nikko and said a 3 hour battery 9 V or something like that costs about 80 - 120 euro :o Damn.
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

I finished tuning my car.

Discuss.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

What exactly did you tune? Stickers?
korge
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

I think he meant, new paint job.....or decals :|
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

that looks electric to me and i dont know how you tune one of those electric ones besides getting a bigger motor or a better ESC
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

Speaking of ESCs I have a used futaba mc330cr that I want to sell. I've had it for about two years and it's worked great. I installed a larger more durable switch so that I could use double stick tape to put it on my car. I have the original manual and clear futaba box for it.
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

I said I sprayed the gold vinyls. They're not stickers. The only stickers are the new head and taillights.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Decals would have been a much easier approach but your stencil job is good.
korge
r34_drifter
Ricer
Ricer

Post by r34_drifter »

Hi havent posted here for a while but me and my dad in total have bout 13 electric rc cars i have a tamiya tao4r with nitro tyres futabu ecu brushless 5turn motor full carbon fibre chassis new ball bearings RC AERO PLANE BATTRIES AND CHARGER LOL it gives more power and lasts for ages got 2 bodys for it rx7 and a ferrari its got a lot more technical stuff id have to ask dad its really fast goes about 80kmh which is hell not average im in a club http://www.brizdrift.com

we got a tamiya tao2 (project) got another tamiya tao4r my dads =) got a tamiya thunder 4wd offroad car cant be bothered with specs take to long... got a tb01 which is the fastest electric rc car! but corners like sht we also have a tl01 the starter model a tb02 a xray lol nice car and a m-01 like mini chassis and finally a yokomo drift car theres alot more but cant be bothered naming them all pm me if u want details 8)

what kind of electric rc car is that one above^^^^ dosnt look like a prorper rc car bestbuy? kmart lol oh well :twisted:

R34_drifter
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Re: RC Car Fanclub

Post by jacoja06 »

2006 topic... Hmm.

But look at what I found in storage today! My Grasshopper II, which was given to me about 13 years ago. It has loads of battle scars, covered up with pen markings and tape. 70% of the time I used it... I broke the front suspension, or some other expensive component which my dad had to end up fixing. Pretty much everything on it has been replaced or upgraded from the original model, using parts from newer grasshopper or hornet cars. Very fun/quick electric RC car though! :D

Image Image Image Image
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Nice buggy, love the old-school look. It doesn't look that beat-up to me . . . you should see my Ferrari, it's a dirt-covered wreck :lol:

It's a Tamiya TL-01, had it for years, but I hardly ever use it. Last time was at work, which was fun with the oily concrete floor. Cleaning it is not fun, however.
btw you have the same controller as me too 8)
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

boganbusman wrote:Nice buggy, love the old-school look. It doesn't look that beat-up to me . . . you should see my Ferrari, it's a dirt-covered wreck :lol:

It's a Tamiya TL-01, had it for years, but I hardly ever use it. Last time was at work, which was fun with the oily concrete floor. Cleaning it is not fun, however.
btw you have the same controller as me too 8)
The Grasshopper endured quite a lot of pain. I think it would be happy that I'm no longer driving it off large flights of concrete stairs to impress my school mates.

I always loved RC cars like the Tamiya TL-01. Looks like you could add any shell/cover to the chassis :)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

jacoja06 wrote:
boganbusman wrote:Looks like you could add any shell/cover to the chassis :)
Yeah you can, but I think most of the on-road type R/C cars have that feature.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

i get a monthly catalog from tower hobbies and fortunately the prices for some gas cars are going down to about $150-$200, so i might be getting one soon. Other than that i race a little iwaiver at my local hobby shop with little sucess. Too many times i break the front suspension, but iwaiver's "mini's are cheap anyways. I'm going to quit them and go to the Mini-z's soon.

Return to “General Discussion”