NFS Undercover: possible trailer leak?

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS Undercover: possible trailer leak?

Post by Bojan »

One of our readers pointed us to this trailer on Youtube showing what could be a trailer of the upcoming Need for Speed Undercover game.

http://www.youtube.com/v/6UWIO3-Udcg&hl=en&fs=1[/embed]

At the end of the trailer you can see the url whichroadtotake.com, which is a website showing a video feed from an interrogation room. There are some clickable items in the room which show additional videos and some which will be available on 30. July 2008. The "release" date is set to November 18th.

Share with us what you find on this website, there seem to be some hidden codes which could mean something.

The site itself is connected to EA, but whether or not it is actually related to Need for Speed Undercover, we'll soon find out.

Update: there seems to be Christina Milian in the video - a while ago it has been said that she will appear in the next NFS game.

Update 2: Read the comments to find out more about this website.

Update 3: The first cars from the trailer have been recognized: view them here.

Update 4: The number in the fortune cookie leads to this dictionary.
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFS Undercover: possible trailer leak?

Post by - Rx7 - »

Oh snap.

On first glance it looks like it'll be another MW. That would be ok. But i want insane tuning capibilities :twisted:
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

Wow. I mean WOW. I think I say wow whenever a new NFS game trailer is released. But this looks stunning. Like a movie. I have no doubt in my mind that this NFS game will tower above all the rest. It seems to have a story! Obviously we don't know much about the storyline but it sounds amazing. I have found several video clips on the site. Including a teaser type trailer. I need to keep exploring. :D :D :D
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Or could this also be related to the Tv/movie related news?
I found the name "Maggie Q" in the sourcecode of the site.
She is a little bit better known actress than the usual NFS chicks.

Perhaps the next NFS title will be both a movie and a game or something? :shock:
But not likely.. There would have probably been some leaks if there was already a movie/tv-show in the making.
No info found on imdb.

Though I couldn't find any info on imdb about Christina Milian either on acting in anything lately or going to act in anything in the near future.

Edit: Oh right... Maggie Q is in the trailer as well.

Still.. Seems a bit too much for me if EA has paid both Christina Milian and Maggie Q to appear in just a game.
I'd guess their salaries are a bit higher than the average NFS chick.
lol wut
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

Wow just wow... :shock: It's firetruck amazing!
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

hope this is the game trailer it looks great !!!! do you guys know where can i download this vid?
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

Who knows. Maybe Pabl0z is right. Maybe NFS Undercover is a setup for some kind of movie/tv show. (Hopefully movie) I know I am just getting my hopes up but wouldn't that be sweet? Maggie is gorgeous! I don't know, I have a feeling that maybe, just maybe, EA is up to something. [-o<
jayson74
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jayson74 »

The fortune in the fortune cookie says that "A desire for acceleration leads to altered identity." The numbers 86 33 72 68 37 are also in the fortune.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Yep. That's the trailer right there. On very rare occasions does The Fast and the Furious say "I want to see what you got".
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
TruSake
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TruSake »

I guess nothing much is accessible until the 30th of this month... good thing is only 4 days from now
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gavh2 »

Yeah baby! More like MW with that proper underground feel! Movie show or game it looks great, though the first teaser for PS got me uber excited and then the game fell on it's face a bit for me. I'm such a fan I'll never lose hope! Keep them coming EA!!! :twisted:
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

That looks amazing, but I hope it would be realistic enough that the car doing the barrel roll doesn't just keep driving along like nothing happened. :(

Edit: Also those Evo kits look kinda bleh.
Smoky
Stock
Stock

Post by Smoky »

Well,everyone,heres some reales information on EA's next Need for Speed installment!
NEED FOR SPEED-UNDERCOVER
As everyone knows,Pro Street didn't like up to Ea's CEO,John Riccitiello,as well as he hoped it would.
To no ones surprise, he has set his talente team up to another installment...Also known as UNDERCOVER.
Also mentioning in an interview,Undercover was inspired by"The Transporter".(Maybe now we will get a better storyline for the game)
"....there's a huge and embedded storyline behind it...." As stated by Riccitiello himself.
Riccitiello had also split his team into two,sometime last year.
Givin about 16 mounths for the team to work on Undercover(Instead of the useal 12)
Currently, not much info has been given on wich systems this title will apper on.But i'd like to guess on pretty much every platform.
More so another Need for Speed title has already been in development from mid summer of 2007.
It'll be released sometime in 2009 giving "mysterious" title 2 full years to be worked on.
Furthermore, a new "Highway Battle Mode" has been discussed for Undercover.
Not to mention the game "going back to its roots" of prevoius NFS installments.
And yes,there will be open-world racing and a "Most Wanted-ish" type of gameplay(So maybe cops will return;)!)
So now eo know :
Undercover will come out later this year as well as the "mysterious" title sometime in 2009.

Some information about UNDERCOVER that may be interested to read 8) 8)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Oh god, i thought they would it make right this time and release it in 2009...

anyway, here is a HR version of the teaser.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/videos_editeur ... e_f1q1.htm
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

It looks more like a movie than the game,but it looks promising anyways, i guess :roll:

if this is true,i recognizes the bmw m6 rims from the trailer,cool,i wanted that :D

2 Posts made into 1, please edit your posts instead of posting a other reply.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

I'm hoping there will be a MOOR community, like in Test Drive Unlimited. Either from that... it should be interesting to see where they will go from the damage they used in Pro Street (I quite enjoyed playing Pro Street). Realistic damage in a police chase? That wouldn't last very long. I'm looking forward to see what they'll come up with.

As for a storyline... Don't care.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

jayson74 wrote:The fortune in the fortune cookie says that "A desire for acceleration leads to altered identity." The numbers 86 33 72 68 37 are also in the fortune.
Seems like googling for 8633726837 returns this page http://www.dragonminded.com/dsorganize/ ... s/pred.dic with the numbers meaning undercover... The page itself looks like a dictionary. Are there any other numbers on the whichroadtotake website?
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

<meta name="Description" content="Which Road to Take. Going undercover inside an interrogation room" />
<meta name="keywords" content="Interrogation Room, Undercover, Maggie Q, Chase, Highway Battle, Chase Linh, Tri-Cities, Tri-City">

That is from the page's source code...

Tri-cities.. Possibly the location for the next nfs?
Maybe it means this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-Cities,_Tennessee

or this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-Cities,_Washington

There's also a "Tricity" in Poland..
lol wut
ChZ^^
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ChZ^^ »

Wow, i thought the "undercover" would totally suck. But this actually looks cool. But lets wait judging how good the game is untill we see some gameplay. Still i hope we can tune some cool rides.
Death Must Be Easy Because Life Is Hard?
Dapster
Stock
Stock

Post by Dapster »

I heard TriCity in some video from site i think.
Anyway, i didnt discover any new codes, but when you click to doors, they are eating. And see for paper! Its chinese, and that dragon page is chinese i think.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Oh right... I didn't even realize it before that you could click on the things in the video :D.
lol wut
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

hmmm, same body kit ? not a surprise really.

http://www.nfs-mania.com/images/news/nf ... raison.jpg

and its (the game) real for sure.

http://whois.domaintools.com/whichroadtotake.com
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Definitely looks more like a TV show than a game...

Hopefully the storyline isn't too corny and predictable. That just kills any game for me... I like the sound of these Highway Battles though. I was never a big fan of the cops in the previous games; they just seemed annoying besides the occasional epic police chases. Can't really judge the game quite yet...
Bojan wrote:http://www.dragonminded.com/dsorganize/ ... s/pred.dic with the numbers meaning undercover... The page itself looks like a dictionary. Are there any other numbers on the whichroadtotake website?
What the heck? That is so weird... And DragonMinded.com seems 99% unrelated to anything NFS. Where is this fortune cookie anyways? I can't seem to find it.

Edit: Nevermind, found it...
Dapster
Stock
Stock

Post by Dapster »

Just click on doors :-)

Yeah, it looks more like TV show.. but who knows.. In addition UnderCover should be revolution game :-) (As always :lol: )
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Took some screenshots of the Evo X, trying to get an idea for what the tuning might be like...

Looks like the same giant wide bodykits from the previous games... The headlights look yellow-tinted, and the taillights look custom in that screenshot, but just before that shot, they look stock.

Return to “News”