What should NFS Undercover consist of??????

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
headpants
Stock
Stock

What should NFS Undercover consist of??????

Post by headpants »

Heres a list of what i think the new NFS should have.

1. free roam( a very big city)

2.a very large selection of real body kits and u can mix them however u like ( and u can pic if u want it fiberglass, urethane, or carbon fiber. with realistic prices)

3. A very wide selection of body upgrades (interior and exterior parts: as in wheels, fenders, hoods, lights, doors, seats, gauges, harness,steering wheel, etc) with real manufactures

4.Battles (like the import tuner game, they use to have int in undeerground 2)

5.More import cars, as in honda, acura, nissan, etc.(most street racers have hondas, so need more of those).

5.Graphics are good and keep the realistic damage

6.Online should be great, they should have an online car show with judes and u get prizes if u win(like nopi). They should also have a free roam where u can battle other drivers for money and pink slips whenever u like and u could also have car meets at local places(like what we have in Atlanta. every thursday we have a meet at the varsity, and have a car show and burnout contest)

7.We should be able to make characters for our cars

8.We should be able to get out of our cars and do other things.

9.They dont have to get rid or the tracks and drag strips like they have in need for speed, but u can drive there on certain days and race like race wars or friday night drag at atlanta motor speedway

10.Make all the cars realistic, not only in there looks but also in the way they drive, and engin specs.

11.All of the performance upgrades should be realistic, as in engin swaps, and modifieing differnt parts like turbos for your car.

12. and last but not least, the game should come out on all the big systems, as in Xbox 360 and PS3

IF NFS MAKES THE GAME LIKE THAT IT WILL BE TH BEST RACING GAME EVER and all of the real racer plus there fans and even people that never played it will love it.
a
nd i think that since it has the word under cover in it that it may be like Brian O'Conner in Fast and The Furious
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: What should NFS Undercover consist of??????

Post by Rizur »

Everything else sounds great there but I think it would be stupid if we could be able to get out of the cars...

I would also like to have day and night + weather changes...
And of course great soundtrack :wink: (Pendulum!)
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gavh2 »

Yeah, free roaming plz! Its nice to just cruise around every now and them, cause some trouble and what not! Day and night plz!

I'd like body mods that are real, like Veilside and Wings West etc. Plus, show me pics of the parts I'm buying! Don't just say stage 3 turbo from HKS, I want to see a picture it and maybe make it so that I can see my engine bay and how it changes with all the new mods!!!

I'd also like it to be more Like Most wanted but maybe with a differnet feel. Maybe not so, "Look at me I'm a hardcore underground racer". I'm playing most wanted again and the concept is kinda cheasy, come to think of it so was Prostreet. It's a tough one, good luck EA :P This may sound corny but I'd like a world like that from The Fast and the Furious. You got the city, the suburbs and race track on the outskirts. A mix of tight streets and open roads. TDU is a was nice as far as cruizing on the open road goes. Make me feel like I'm going places EA/ Let me blast to other cites maybe via a great open stretch of road! Do the guys at EA watch Top Gear? Bring back the different driving experiences. Take a note from good old NFS 2. Diverse driving experiences! A mountain pass through the alps.

You know what, I'm dust going to make EA a moodboard!! Post it when its done.

EA has the goods to make the best racing game ever because they have that element of imagination to play with. They are not bound to "must be super simulation" like GT.
qwerty-acme
Ricer
Ricer

Post by qwerty-acme »

I wish EA made new parts. If they added stuff like hydros, neons, etc. from the other games into the new ones, that would rule.
if they had a officially released program for creating new body parts, that would rock, and it would save them heaps of time, because they wouldn't have to make as many parts...
CUSTOM PLATES!

and unpopular cars... that would make it less boring. and more funny.

*mod note:
Two posts merged. Don't double post. Use the edit-button.*
Always look on the bright side of life/death - Monty Python.
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

• Free roam, something around the size of Liberty City in GTA4, but with more straights and highways because this game should satisfy my need for video game speed
  • I wish the free roaming city could look more alive, pedestrians would go a long way toward accomplishing this but I'm not sure how EA would handle us not brutally murdering people without making them look ridiculous dodging our cars for hours
  • Keep Pro Street smoke effects
  • Keep Pro Street damage models
  • Keep how Pro Street handles NOS, you get a certain number of shots and they DON'T recharge
  • Speedbreaker (felt that it was a fresh idea that other racing games don't have)
  • Lock game's FPS, preferably at 60 (60 is what all the good racing games roll with nowadays 8) )
  • Cops were best done in Most Wanted, keep that
  • Bring back playing as a cop, from High Stakes (had a ton of fun outdriving my friends and busting them in my M5 police car, with online play today I'll enjoy it even more)
  • Keep putting a 4G63T powered Evo MR in the game, it doesn't matter which one (not a fan of the Evo X)
  • Make the intercooler a separate model and not a texture in bodykit grills (assuming they keep the Pro Street damage model, when your bumper comes off, you still have an intercooler, keep ramming dudes with it, it'll come off too)
  • Day/Night + Weather Cycles
  • Bring back Underground 2's customization but keep Pro Street's vinyl editing (even though I never touched most of the parts because of sheer ugliness, it did have the most elaborate customization)
  • I don't see drifting in this next game but if there will be, use Underground 2's drift engine
  • Highway racing that plays similar to what you see in the trailer, minus the barrel roll thing
  • No or very toned down catch-up, it seems kinda dumb to punish the player for driving well (plus I'd like the opportunity to go back to race 1 after I beat the game, and race Civics that have CAIs in them with my 500HP streetmelting demon car :lol: )
  • Kind of going along with the above, could it be a little more realistic in that someone's fully tuned Integra still couldn't get anywhere near my stock Gallardo, and then as a multiplayer balance you could adjust player handicaps or something to compensate
  • All real parts for cars, this way we will see a significantly less amount of terrible bodykits, spoilers, and that sort of junk
  • Cinematics from Most Wanted/Carbon are arguably the best ones in the entire series, bring them back because they are really well done
  • I wish I knew what the person I'm play as looks like (or just do #7 from the original post)
  • Not sure about you guys but I loved Underground 1's soundtrack, hope they can incorporate a good mix of rap, electronic, and rock/metal music
  • Make the traffic more detailed, give them damage models and stuff also
  • You guys did smoke really well, how about giving sparks a similar makeover for when you bottom out after a jump, swap paint with players/walls, damaged sides of a car rubbing against the ground due to body roll in a turn (remembered this from High Stakes), etc
  • Lots of people are probably going to disagree with this, but I think they should have less exotics than they did in Pro Street, the reasoning for this is that NFS is pretty much a tuner racing game now and exotics are pretty out of place in this aspect (also body kits have no business being on these naturally beautiful cars). I'll just get my exotics fix from PGR4, Forza 2, and similar games
That's all I can think of, and I really didn't plan on making a post as long as this so sorry for the wall of text. #-o
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Here is my rough list:

MUST HAVE:
Massive free roam (3x size of Rockport [MW SETTING])
intricate road systems, highways, laneways shortcuts etc.
Custom Number Plates
First Person/Third Person Viewpoints (Dashboard, steering wheel all that junk etc etc.)
NOS/Petrol/Tire Changing, ***REALISM is the key here***
Large car list
100++ Tuners
20++ Exotics
NO MUCSLES
Extreme Modifiying capabilities
Completely customizable Bodykits
Rims spoilers hoods etc etc etc etc etc
Neons Hydros (bring back the rice etc.)
Changing traffic patterns/realistic traffic, traffic jams, parked cars etc etc etc
Day/Night
Fine/Rain/Storms/Snow/Ice etc etc..
Playback Replay system (UG2/GRID style)
A game that is finished, cough cough prostreet

COULD HAVE:
Damage
Cops
Pedestrians
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Erm we already made a topic EXACTLY LIKE THIS except with a different name.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

mean2u wrote: Lots of people are probably going to disagree with this, but I think they should have less exotics than they did in Pro Street, the reasoning for this is that NFS is pretty much a tuner racing game now and exotics are pretty out of place in this aspect (also body kits have no business being on these naturally beautiful cars). I'll just get my exotics fix from PGR4, Forza 2, and similar games
Sorry mate but you're wrong.

NFS was about racing expensive sportscars ranging from Exotics Tuners and muscle (TNFS had a RX7, Supra, Viper 911 Testarossa) so a mix all expensive sportscars (in those days a Supra was also very expensive)

NFS was all about exotics and expensive sportscars racing in exotic locations untill Underground.

So please don't say that NFS is about low end tuners and everyday street racing (like done in tons of cities around the world today)

It's not that I don't agree with what you want to see or anything, but get your fact in order :wink:
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Actually, NFS2 was the first PC game I owned, and I've played every NFS game since. I am aware that prior to Underground, exotics were pretty much the entire roster. I won't mind if exotics keep making appearances (or if they just make a sequel to NFS:HP2), I just think they don't seem to fit in as much post-Underground. :(
cybercrash
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cybercrash »

headpants wrote:Heres a list of what i think the new NFS should have.

go play gta
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

cybercrash wrote:
headpants wrote:Heres a list of what i think the new NFS should have.

go play gta
Lol burn.

PLease please please EA don't turn NFS into ANOTHER track racing with exotics franchise. There are enough already.

GIVE US A ILLEGAL STREET RACING GAME WIF RICE n ROAM!
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

To be brutally honest, the diehard old-skool NFS fans (such as myself) would disagree IMO. Also IMO the up-and-coming MC:LA is going to blow this to smithereens...
Gavh2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gavh2 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:To be brutally honest, the diehard old-skool NFS fans (such as myself) would disagree IMO. Also IMO the up-and-coming MC:LA is going to blow this to smithereens...
MC-LA?
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

what is the exact size of rock you been dwelling under?
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Gavh2 wrote:
Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:To be brutally honest, the diehard old-skool NFS fans (such as myself) would disagree IMO. Also IMO the up-and-coming MC:LA is going to blow this to smithereens...
MC-LA?
Midnight Club - Los Angeles :wink:
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

1.large selection of cars, keep all the cars that were in there and more, don't make us pay to download an s2000 or a bugatti. thats one of the reasons i sold prostreet
2. big huge freeroam city with lots of hidden areas and put big jumps in this game please! also have a rural/mountain area with large hairpin turns, city is boreing.
3. more realistic police chases- most wanted was really fun, but really, what kind of police department can replace 300+cars that we totalled? and make more realistic variety of cars and mix them up during chases. forget the undercover cops being alone, mix them up with normal ones and don't have corvettes be cops. use a dodge charger or something.
4. better damage, well at least make the wheels come off and the parts crumple in more, especially the sides of the cop cars when you t-bone them.
5. solid 60 fps. if it has to be 30, then make it solid as a brick. prostreets framerate was crappest.
6. make the storyline humorous sometimes! but not cheesy like the last few.
7. replays.
8. stop making it for ps2 you idiots! that system is dead! it only brings down the graphics of 360, ps3, and pc.
9. MOST IMPORTANTLY- Have a frikin "my cars" to customize for quickplay, and make a quickplay freeroam! that was the biggest thing missing from most wanted, and my cars was missing from prostreet. i wanted to cry when i couldn't max out a bunch of cars and not have to spend money.
Argentum47
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Argentum47 »

1.Real-life automobile parts included body, hood, spoiler. No more virtual brands.Image
2.An especially really deep tuning system would be nice Image
porche790
Ricer
Ricer

Post by porche790 »

I agree with mean2u on everything he said exept for the last point . . . the point of the need for speed series (at least to me) is being able to tear up the streets in the awesome multi-hundred thousand dollar cars that one can only dream of driving in real life. I like taking my lamborghini and throwing 20's on it and blasting past all the other cars . . . if i just wanted tuner cars i would've stuck with underground. I think thats why prostreet's car list was so good because it had something for everyone. Me personally, i liked nearly all the cars. I just want ferrari to come back! ! ! [-o<
But maybe now that they have two teams maybe they can work on a sequel to NFS-HP2 and it could be a free-roam with only exotics and supercars ( and maybe motorcycles ) that you buy from their respective dealerships . . . kinda like test drive (i think that was really cool how you could choose all the options). Exept you could buy aftermarket rims and custom paint jobs (to have at least a little bit of personalization ! ! !) By the way i think the get out of the car and do other things idea would be awesome! It wouldn't be too extensive but maybe like you would get out just to be able to walk around the tuner shops or dealerships to look at their inventories or your garage or house. Maybe you could even buy houses and condo's like in test drive, that aspect was really cool in my opinion.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Take a leaf out of Criterion's book and PUT BIKES IN!!! Burnout Bikes is the best addition they have ever done to burnout, awesome pack. Now NFS needs some bikes like Midnight Club and Burnout Paradise.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Hmmm, one of the things I'd like to see added in is the ability to see the engine mods that you've made. Also, about the roots being about exotics and such, I think that NFS changed to tuners because it's much harder to "rice" an already brilliant looking car, than a plain one.

I mean, honestly, you come up with an extravagent body-kit for a F430 Scuderia.

Anyhow, I think that a 40-60 split would be nice, with 60% being tuners to accomodate the start, as well as providing more tuning options, and 40% being exotics/supercars that were faster NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TUNED YOUR SUPRA!!!
oh snap
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Striker94 wrote:Anyhow, I think that a 40-60 split would be nice, with 60% being tuners to accomodate the start, as well as providing more tuning options, and 40% being exotics/supercars that were faster NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TUNED YOUR SUPRA!!!
I disagree - the V12 Top Secret or VeilSide '99 / '03 Supras should be way faster than, say, a Jaguar XK - or even a stock Murcielago. That brings me to one of the main points in my idea of the best NFS game, though: there should be no practically achievable upper limit to tuning, so long as you've got the money and career progress. I agree that a Civic should never beat an Enzo, but an R34 or Evo, highly tuned, should be able to keep up with Murcielagos and Porsches.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

No, let me rephrase what I had said earlier.

In Prostreet, if you bought a "stage 3" tuning package for your Supra, and then did the same thing with your Murcielago, you'd get the same result. It says that both cars have the same aftermarket parts attached, but the original engine in the Murcielago should make a huge difference. Hell, just having twice as much displacement could make a large difference.

What I meant was that a properly tuned Supra (or any other "tuner" car for that matter) shouldn't be able to beat a properly tuned Lamborghini (or any other "supercar").

But I get what you're saying with the civics... :D

Anyway, there is one car that I'd like to see make an appearance in Undercover-Porsche Boxter S. Has anybody else noticed that there hasn't been any (or maybe just a select few) soft-tops in the recent NFS titles?
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

well I can understand why there weren't soft-tops in ProStreet, most awesome coupes turn into soft, bad handling s***-bags as roadsters. Take the DB9 for an example. Then again, why do you need a soft-top when you've already got the better coupe?
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Although that may be the case, some cars were DESIGNED to be convertibles from the outset. For example, the Boxster. I mean, seriously, it was so good that they derived a coupe from it! (Cayman) Also, the S2000 and MX-5 are IMO good choices.

Nowadays most convertibles have a lot of structral changes made so that they don't become "soft, bad handling s***-bags", although it usually comes at a penalty of weight. Therefore, just because it's a soft-top, doesn't mean it has to be soft!

How about this one-Dodge Viper SRT10
oh snap
bluestreak908
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by bluestreak908 »

dude u got to have more hondas like headpants said, also mybe ferraris for once? I wouldn't want to autosculpt a ferrari cuz it already looks good, but still, just something to think about... =P

Return to “Undercover”