Your Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Re: Your Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

Post by baumaxx1 »

R35 is brutal. :D Ans if the game takes real life stats into account, it should be like 8 secs faster stock.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

baumaxx1 wrote:R35 is brutal. :D Ans if the game takes real life stats into account, it should be like 8 secs faster stock.
but it doesn't take real-life stats into account...

ANYWAY, I'm overloaded with cars, and am going to buy a Murcielago soon.

SO, which one to sell?
Grip-R35, EvoX, 911 Turbo, M3 (kreiger)
Drift-RX-7 (kimura), RX-8
Speed-Viper, R34
Drag-Mustang (monroe), Chevelle SS, Supra, Corvette Z06.

So, I am to sell at least 2 cars sometime soon; my ideas are RX-8 and Mustang plus maybe the M3
oh snap
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I`m in the r3act still, crossed all the upper part, got the s15 as a prize. Still have to do the lower part, but if my car handles like this .. meh
2fast4Ux2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4Ux2 »

hey i have a little question and i wants some of your guys' and girls' opinions..
i just bought a ps3 and i was wondering if i should buy any nfs games for it...i mean i have them for ps2 but the graphics suck... so what do you think i should do? i do want to buy pro street but i dont know if it will be worth it...
oh ps what racing game should be my first ps3 game??
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

2fast4Ux2 wrote:hey i have a little question and i wants some of your guys' and girls' opinions..
i just bought a ps3 and i was wondering if i should buy any nfs games for it...i mean i have them for ps2 but the graphics suck... so what do you think i should do? i do want to buy pro street but i dont know if it will be worth it...
oh ps what racing game should be my first ps3 game??
Get GRID. It's not overly technical, but it's includes a wide variety of adrenaline pumping racing... and is actually very involving. (A challenge unlike NFS)

I am a GT nut, but I don't bother with prologue really... nothing vastly different to the predecessor yet, and the final game loses it's wow factor because you've already gotten used to the graphics... while waiting for GT3 -> GT4 was wild when I started it up for the first time when I got it because it was such an improvement.
alvindriftnoob86
Stock
Stock

Post by alvindriftnoob86 »

hi guys im new here and i just wanted to know if pro street will work in a 1.86GHz Core 2 Duo Acer Laptop?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

The Core 2 Duo is enough to handle processing requirements... how much RAM and what GFX does it have?
alvindriftnoob86
Stock
Stock

Post by alvindriftnoob86 »

256MB GFX and 1GB Ram
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Ok, 1gb is ok too... what GFX card? nvidia 8500 should cope on low, and I think ATI x2400
issacchua
Stock
Stock

Post by issacchua »

The Pro Street really a bad project for EA. I like the feeling of NFSMW, and NFS undercover is the type I like.With the long highway to run, not like NFSPS got the direct road and always play in a bad environment. Without cloudy day, rainy , overbright ,...
Hope NFSUC will have the weather such like that.
Hopefully ! :)
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Sooo, I actually thought of getting ProStreet (yes, after a year), despite all the negative reviews, only to keep me preoccupied until Undercover comes out. I must say that even though the handling is totally different (I almost failed to finish my first race), after a few races I got the hang of it and it's actually not a bad game. I can see why the closed circuit racing and the poor handling will turn off some people but considering I haven't played an NFS game in over a year, my craving for racing was too huge to ignore.

I'm running the game on my new laptop at a resolution of 1024x768 with maximum car detail and smoke on and low world detail. Runs smoothly and nicely (between 30 and 45 fps) despite my underpowered video card. This is definitely a keeper until Undercover comes out at least.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

2furio wrote:Sooo, I actually thought of getting ProStreet (yes, after a year), despite all the negative reviews, only to keep me preoccupied until Undercover comes out. I must say that even though the handling is totally different (I almost failed to finish my first race), after a few races I got the hang of it and it's actually not a bad game. I can see why the closed circuit racing and the poor handling will turn off some people but considering I haven't played an NFS game in over a year, my craving for racing was too huge to ignore.

I'm running the game on my new laptop at a resolution of 1024x768 with maximum car detail and smoke on and low world detail. Runs smoothly and nicely (between 30 and 45 fps) despite my underpowered video card. This is definitely a keeper until Undercover comes out at least.
Agree with that entire comment. I guess people are that familiar to street racing that they'll think it's the end of the world if there ever was a legal street racing NFS game.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

IMO the Extender Bundles have kept me coming back and prevented me from leaving it on the shelf. Bugatti Veyron for Speed FTW!
underoath285
Drift King
Drift King

Post by underoath285 »

OK well I havn't been on here in a long time, nor have I had a computer that could run anything (the last nfs i could play was most wanted). But I just got a brand new laptop that can play anything and I really don't feel like reading all 500 posts on here so could someone tell me: Is Pro-Street worth the money?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Definitely not if you're a sim person, cause a sim this definitely ain't, no matter what EA say. The tuning is wrong, the bodykits are ugly as shiznit, and you can actually run faster times with stock suspension in a Chevy Camaro...

But, if you don't care about any of that, get it. Just look out for Rudy Chen and you'll be fine :wink:
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Definitely not if you're a sim person, cause a sim this definitely ain't, no matter what EA say. The tuning is wrong, the bodykits are ugly as shiznit, and you can actually run faster times with stock suspension in a Chevy Camaro...

But, if you don't care about any of that, get it. Just look out for Rudy Chen and you'll be fine :wink:
Rudy Chen... #-o

Anyhow, I just noticed one small thing about Prostreet-All muscles handle like sail-barges, even when you've got all the suspension upgrades. WTF!!! I would think that a Camaro, with stage 3 suspension, would handle better than a 180sx with stock???
oh snap
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Actually it's a matter of tuning; some muscle cars, when properly tuned, go from super-heavy-and-understeery to oversteer-y (not a great change but it makes them usable with if you have a wheel).
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

underoath285 wrote:OK well I havn't been on here in a long time, nor have I had a computer that could run anything (the last nfs i could play was most wanted). But I just got a brand new laptop that can play anything and I really don't feel like reading all 500 posts on here so could someone tell me: Is Pro-Street worth the money?
I'd say rent it first. Some think it sucks, but others (like me) think it's decent and will last you until Undercover. If you like it, you buy it. If you don't, move on with life.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

underoath285 wrote:OK well I havn't been on here in a long time, nor have I had a computer that could run anything (the last nfs i could play was most wanted). But I just got a brand new laptop that can play anything and I really don't feel like reading all 500 posts on here so could someone tell me: Is Pro-Street worth the money?
Well, if you want to be a part of the showroom, try it out and that, but GRID is more fun.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

would this game be worth it to go pick it up in the used bin for $20? I skipped this game because it wasn't that promising.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

$20?!..Hell no..

Its probably wise you skipped it in the first place... :p
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

You'll certainly get $20 worth of entertainment value from it. Go for it.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

I agree. I'd never thought I'd be saying this, but IGN showed a little common sense when they reviewed it. A 6.8? Considering the fact that ProStreet is a track racing game without Free Roam, Cops, and the usual stuff, I expected it to be bashed from start to finish.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Cpt.Razkit wrote:would this game be worth it to go pick it up in the used bin for $20? I skipped this game because it wasn't that promising.
$20 is fair for it. I think you'll get enjoyment out of it, play online, and the drag, speed, drift and circuit offer decent variety.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

I agree also. Assuming it was $50 when it first came out, $50 is a bit steep. Get it used, saves you money. If I hadn't bought Carbon, I could afford half of Undercover's price. :( But IGN's review of THAT game and Sonic Unleashed IMO seemed unprofessional and also gave me the impression that they had Rockstar's (Midnight Club) yardstick wedged up their @$$. I'll continue reserving judgment until I own the game on PC.

Return to “ProStreet”