First Gameplay Video for NFS Undercover !

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: First Gameplay Video for NFS Undercover !

Post by TheStig »

Demo? now?

Wait till early November, maybe late october if you're lucky.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

EA will release the demo version 2 weeks before the full version,like they did last year.
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

What do you think what game has the most advanced damage model?

I think real life. :wink:
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Nice :)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Kimba wrote:What do you think what game has the most advanced damage model?

I think real life. :wink:
The damage model looks much like ProStreet's. Without further info about the game, it's hard to say if EA improved the damage model any. ProStreet's damage model was pretty good, but it wasn't real life in the least.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Yeah, I mean after all, EA love's to recycle content. Just look at Carbon's police chases, as a (very) obvious one.

Also the fact that it's impossible to replicate real-life in a way that's more realistic, since it's a replica. So Kinda' a weak comeback there, Kimba. :wink:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

A damage model is hard to make, but PS was anything but realistic. I mean at worst your hood and front fenders fell off and you got a VERY simple interior of the engine bay. it was just a big black block with on top the same details as Underground 2 had.
A front bumper falling of is realistic, but sides... in general they stay on the car.
The main structure was always completely intact in PS, if I'm not mistaken if you flip the car, the roof doesn't even get scratched (did the game even have scratches... can't remember really)
IMO one of the best damage models EA made in the past was NFS Porsche, while racing it was pretty simple but back in the garage every panel you hit had big and small dents in it, windows where damaged etc.

EA should put in more details under the bodypanels, then it would already look more realistic.
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

Just to remind you TheStig PS had scratches. At least mine had. Don't know if it depends on graphics card.
And the poor damage model is a result of licencing issue like Bojan said.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Kimba wrote:Just to remind you TheStig PS had scratches. At least mine had. Don't know if it depends on graphics card.
And the poor damage model is a result of licencing issue like Bojan said.
I use a 360 so don't have to worry about a GFX card, reason why I don't know it anymore is because I haven't played it for over half a year (if not longer)

Licencing issues? imo more like lameness issues at EA.
Sure I can imagine manufacturers don't want their cars to be as flat/crusched as real cars sometimes do in craches.
But it should/ can be alot better.
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

But I still don't understand how did the manufacturers allow Codemasters in GRiD to make such realistic damage on their cars. Manufacturers like Pagani, BMW, Chevrolet, Dodge, Porsche, Aston Martin and so on.
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

Because it is used in real tracks. I think that they don't want their cars to be smashed during an ILLEGAL race. This is why Underground,MW,Carbon did NOT have damage and prostreet had.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Kimba wrote:But I still don't understand how did the manufacturers allow Codemasters in GRiD to make such realistic damage on their cars. Manufacturers like Pagani, BMW, Chevrolet, Dodge, Porsche, Aston Martin and so on.
Grid has Pagani in the game?? I never knew..

I just hope that EA will have such damage effect realistic as Grid does, because after playing Grid, ProStreet's damage doesn't stand a chance. I want it to be more catastrophic. :D

And EA jolly well do some correction with the cops when running over the spikes. As far as I know, the cops are immune to the strips in Carbon, and I really hate it that they had an unfair advantage.

Return to “News”