Your views of NFS UNDERCOVER

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Your views of NFS UNDERCOVER

Post by korge »

nfscars chat wrote:24/11/08[19:21.03] <Linkin> someone broke into our house
24/11/08[19:21.19] <ModiFiyd> o0 damn, kick the door in?
24/11/08[19:21.25] <Linkin> yeah
24/11/08[19:21.26] <Linkin> literally
24/11/08[19:21.40] <Linkin> door frame is cracked and laying on the ground
24/11/08[19:21.47] <ModiFiyd> busted the jam where the lock is? on the right side from the inside?
24/11/08[19:22.03] <Linkin> where the lock is yes
24/11/08[19:22.13] <ModiFiyd> wasnt me
24/11/08[19:22.15] <Linkin> deadbolted
24/11/08[19:22.35] <ModiFiyd> what did they hit you for?
24/11/08[19:22.44] <Linkin> all of my xbox games
24/11/08[19:22.48] <Linkin> all of my watches
24/11/08[19:22.51] <Linkin> cash
24/11/08[19:22.52] <RiCkFX> ok
24/11/08[19:23.07] <Linkin> they were in and out really fast
24/11/08[19:23.17] <ModiFiyd> fux man
24/11/08[19:23.21] <Linkin> didn't touch a lot, just dumped stuff over
24/11/08[19:23.29] <Linkin> they took all 40 games
24/11/08[19:23.34] <Linkin> except Undercover
24/11/08[19:23.42] <Linkin> now THAT tells you something, EA.
korge
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

That has to be epic lol XD
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

Looks like the robbers did there research, not being supportive for them, sorry for your loss.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Lol, if EA thinks twice next time about the new NFS game then maybe the robbers will too. XD
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

its kinda funny how long you can go in a pursuit with blown tires lol I wasn't thinking and I ran through a spike strip with my lambo and at first I thought oh man its over I'll just give up but all the cops were just crashing into me all retarded like instead of busting me so I decided I'd see how long I could make it last and I swear to got I went for at least 10 or 15 minutes (on prolly less than a mile of road lol)
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Those are some awesum(dumb) skills(cops)! lol
korge
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

korge wrote:Those are some awesum(dumb) skills(cops)! lol
yeah it was pretty sad
00bluees
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 00bluees »

this game is a big fail in my books. first off i have a 360. as soon as i started the game i thought i was playing a pre-underground game for xbox (original) the grphics were that bad. i also, not being a hardcore gamer or really overanalysing games like some do, never understood what framerate issues were. other games i play just look like a normal videogame yet some people complain about their framerate issues. i know can say i completly understand after playing undercover. what the eff was that!?!?! i mean its not like i was running a min spec pc to play in which case that would be an excuse. but a console no less has huge jitters and framerate jumps. terrible.

onto the gameplay. the 240sx was horrible, enough said. however even being super slow and having terrible handling, i was still wasting lambo's and the like by 15 seconds every race. next car was the r32, big mistake. drove it once and it was worse than the 240. next was the tt. that was the first good car and during my races with it i actually enjoyed the game a bit, despite being bored and winning by 20 seconds every time. then i had the lambo lp560 and a gt3 rs which were both fun even when fully upgraded, however with the garbage glare from the sun and ridiculous speeds i would crash alot. most races with those cars were either the normal win by 15 seconds or come dead last 5 times due to crashing.

so all in all the game was somewhat enjoyable during the mid stages of career mode, having mid-range cars that handled and drove fairly well with a good enough sense of speed. the highway battles in said mid-stages of the game were ace, incredibly boring at the first stages, and controller throwingly frustrating and impossible with fully upgraded tier 2 and 1 cars.

the story in career mode was in a word, well terrible i guess (the only real word to describe it would be edited by mods anyways) i couldn't stand how you would do a few races then out of nowhere chase linh comes up in a riduculous cutscene and say something along the lines of "we have enough information now good job" or "i have never failed before don't let this be the first time" it was all just random and i felt in no way shape or form connected to the story. the acting was appaulling. i find more talent in my toilet, post bomb, pre flush. i was happy for a minute when i had beaten the career (in about 10 hours total playing time) then i realized all i had left was a bunch of races that would give me nothing more than a few more useless dollars in the bank account and a couple more numbers onto my percent completed tally. so i took the game back (did i mention i was smart and rented it) at about 70-80% total completion.

the tuning was useless. the upgrades were even moreso. very few parts with the exception of the huge amount of rims. the only thing i really added to cars since the rest was all non-branded ea stoner crap. the autosculpt took painfully long to move the slider from 0-100% and i could rarely see what was even happening to the parts being changed due to the dark blue ugly background of the moronic menu.

thats it for me. i could go on for hours more but i can't even bear the thought of the game any longer. i have played the series since nfs2 and was collecting all of the nfs games. after carbon, prostreet and this abomination thats over. maybe next time around ea will actually FINISH a game. imo prostreet and especially undercover were not even close to being a finished game. if i worked at ea i would kick everyone in the nuts for even contemplating releasing a game thats not done. i don't think i could ever be proud of anything in the last two nfs titles. ea must think we are all either 5 years old or just stupid. i have a feeling i won't be playing another nfs game for a long time. 2010 i doubt i'll even rent.

end of my ranting. guess i'm done with this forum again till next year when i come to read the horrible reviews of the next game. cheers everyone.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

So much text, yet I agree with most or all of it. I also found highway battles enjoyable when I had a Lotus Elise and maybe when I had a Porsche Turbo GT2, but after that it was impossible not to crash, still possible to win tho'.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Yes, I too found the Elise good for Highway Battles.

And I've heard previous complaints about not getting busted and continuing a pursuit despite flat tires... but 10-15 minutes? That's a lot.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

00bluees wrote:this game is a big fail in my books. first off i have a 360. as soon as i started the game i thought i was playing a pre-underground game for xbox (original) the grphics were that bad. i also, not being a hardcore gamer or really overanalysing games like some do, never understood what framerate issues were. other games i play just look like a normal videogame yet some people complain about their framerate issues. i know can say i completly understand after playing undercover. what the eff was that!?!?! i mean its not like i was running a min spec pc to play in which case that would be an excuse. but a console no less has huge jitters and framerate jumps. terrible.

onto the gameplay. the 240sx was horrible, enough said. however even being super slow and having terrible handling, i was still wasting lambo's and the like by 15 seconds every race. next car was the r32, big mistake. drove it once and it was worse than the 240. next was the tt. that was the first good car and during my races with it i actually enjoyed the game a bit, despite being bored and winning by 20 seconds every time. then i had the lambo lp560 and a gt3 rs which were both fun even when fully upgraded, however with the garbage glare from the sun and ridiculous speeds i would crash alot. most races with those cars were either the normal win by 15 seconds or come dead last 5 times due to crashing.

so all in all the game was somewhat enjoyable during the mid stages of career mode, having mid-range cars that handled and drove fairly well with a good enough sense of speed. the highway battles in said mid-stages of the game were ace, incredibly boring at the first stages, and controller throwingly frustrating and impossible with fully upgraded tier 2 and 1 cars.

the story in career mode was in a word, well terrible i guess (the only real word to describe it would be edited by mods anyways) i couldn't stand how you would do a few races then out of nowhere chase linh comes up in a riduculous cutscene and say something along the lines of "we have enough information now good job" or "i have never failed before don't let this be the first time" it was all just random and i felt in no way shape or form connected to the story. the acting was appaulling. i find more talent in my toilet, post bomb, pre flush. i was happy for a minute when i had beaten the career (in about 10 hours total playing time) then i realized all i had left was a bunch of races that would give me nothing more than a few more useless dollars in the bank account and a couple more numbers onto my percent completed tally. so i took the game back (did i mention i was smart and rented it) at about 70-80% total completion.

the tuning was useless. the upgrades were even moreso. very few parts with the exception of the huge amount of rims. the only thing i really added to cars since the rest was all non-branded ea stoner crap. the autosculpt took painfully long to move the slider from 0-100% and i could rarely see what was even happening to the parts being changed due to the dark blue ugly background of the moronic menu.

thats it for me. i could go on for hours more but i can't even bear the thought of the game any longer. i have played the series since nfs2 and was collecting all of the nfs games. after carbon, prostreet and this abomination thats over. maybe next time around ea will actually FINISH a game. imo prostreet and especially undercover were not even close to being a finished game. if i worked at ea i would kick everyone in the nuts for even contemplating releasing a game thats not done. i don't think i could ever be proud of anything in the last two nfs titles. ea must think we are all either 5 years old or just stupid. i have a feeling i won't be playing another nfs game for a long time. 2010 i doubt i'll even rent.

end of my ranting. guess i'm done with this forum again till next year when i come to read the horrible reviews of the next game. cheers everyone.
Long, but a must read. Its a review from an outsider. Thanks m8. :P
korge
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:Yes, I too found the Elise good for Highway Battles.

And I've heard previous complaints about not getting busted and continuing a pursuit despite flat tires... but 10-15 minutes? That's a lot.
not only that... i managed to get to a pursuit breaker in a crawling speed with a WHOLE BUNCH of cops behind me... and you know what happens... 7-8 police vehicles disabled, none others around... goes around sloowly trying to avoid other new ones that's spawn, and trying to getting to a hiding spot while sliding all over the place and "You have evaded" and your car is all fixed up! GREAT!
MM14
Stock
Stock

Post by MM14 »

meh, under cover is aight i guess, i want more of a underground 2/most wanted need for speed though, like most wanted's black list and cars and storyline with underground 2's modifying, those were the days.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Need I remind you of Need for speed hot pursuit? Or high stakes? Or porsche unleashed? :D
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Those were also days... but a lot has changed in NFS so get over it.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:Those were also days... but a lot has changed in NFS so get over it.
Nope, the real NFS fanboys will never get over those games. Those are the games that made NFS. They're like part of the NFS bible. :shock:
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

True but I found the street racing/import tuner themes in the new era series [Underground-present] to be more attractive, IMO. Of course, the classics rocked hard.
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

I just obtained my copy of NFS Undercover for the PC, and after maxing every setting out, the game has some wonky graphics. I think I remember someone posting a file that helps the game look better, but I'm not sure where/if it works. Anyone got it?

Argh. :(

Edit: Also what's up with the lack of a cursor, ON THE PC VERSION? It would have been much easier to navigate menus and drag sliders with the mouse.
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

mean2u wrote:I just obtained my copy of NFS Undercover for the PC, and after maxing every setting out, the game has some wonky graphics. I think I remember someone posting a file that helps the game look better, but I'm not sure where/if it works. Anyone got it?

Argh. :(

Edit: Also what's up with the lack of a cursor, ON THE PC VERSION? It would have been much easier to navigate menus and drag sliders with the mouse.
Yeah well all have that problem, I also have it maxed out on my 3870 and still has glitches. Still waiting on a patch...
btw nice S15 :D
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

mean2u wrote:I think I remember someone posting a file that helps the game look better, but I'm not sure where/if it works. Anyone got it?
I don't have it but I remember a screenshot demonstrating how it "improved" the graphics. It was a minor fix that I don't think is really worth it,
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I believe it's from NFS Planet. The link is somewhere in this thread if I remember correctly. If it isn't here, the search feature will guide you to it. :)
skyline95
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by skyline95 »

The worst NFS ever! Officially too! I mean, the GFX are really bad, when I put everything on max and I play... It bad... PS had 10 times better GFX than this one and it didn't need an very good and expensive PC... The best thing in UC is that it has good cars... Even they could be a lot better though... But hey, we're talking about EA here... They should stop doing this crappy games, or they should just create an Underground 3... Like a simple story like in UG1 and UG2, cars like in UC, GFX by PS and gameplay by MW... The best combo ever... But since EA has started to make only bad games (every time even worse), that won't be possible... Look at GRID, so awesome GFX, such a cool gameplay, overall an amazing game... And it doesn't need an 20000$ PC... I really, really, REALLY started to hate EA and their NFS's...

And I think that most of the ppl would agree with me here!
Keep Your Eyes Open, And Your Foot Down!
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Yeah. The only reason I haven't uninstalled this game yet is because I get to look at and drive nice cars away from the police. I really wanted to like this game, but I just really cannot find much more of a reason besides my previous statement.
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

The only reason I keep it installed is to make my showroom cars LOL :P .
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Meh. I just got it for the PS2 and personally, I don't see what the fuss is all about with Undercover. This game, while not holding a candle to Most Wanted, isn't all that bad (yet). Personally, I find it a good game, though not great. This game is (dare I say it) fun, perchance? But let's see how long it lasts...
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*

Return to “Undercover”