NFSU Demo: First Impressions

2003 Need for Speed Underground
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFSU Demo: First Impressions

Post by Bojan »

Those of you who downloaded the demo, what do you think of it?
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

so far only 3 down points........no damage and arcade driving. the 3rd point may just be me, because i was to anxious to play the game, but i can't seem to take the accelerate and brake off the D-pad, which is quite annoying, but i love the graphics........the reflections are amazing along with the car designs and decals, good music and i really like all the little bits like the flames from the exhaust, the sparks when you hit a barrier and the camera mode when you jump or crash. another great point is that it seems we'll be getting night driving with headlights aswell and weather which is a big bonus after HP2.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Well, if it's a good arcade racing game, then why not... I've noticed you get extra points for drifting and taking shortcuts.
And I really love the sense of speed, which is awesome!

It also looks like cars can be seriously customized. In the demo you get a random selection of parts and skins each time and so far I haven't seen two same cars.
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

i never really noticed the point system (or if i got any :P ) i was too busy admiring the graphics, but i noticed the higher the reputation bar when selecting you're car, the more amazing the car looked.
and the sense of speed is excellent aswell.

unfortunately though, it looks like my modeling will be taking a back seat when this is released, cos i'll be too busy :twisted:
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

viper_gts wrote:...
unfortunately though, it looks like my modeling will be taking a back seat when this is released, cos i'll be too busy :twisted:
Oh no...We have to hurry..Let's drop a line to E.A. and tell them to take their time.There's no need to rush in releasing the game... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

And lets hope they code the game so cheating won't be possible. Imagine PS2 users who don't stand a chance vs. PC users :)
jancleynen
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jancleynen »

I have a question: how do those cheat sites find cheats for a game? The producer gives them free or what???
made_man
Ricer
Ricer

Post by made_man »

Well I played the demo and it looks very promissing, to bad that it doesn't show any damage, I liked it in NFS Porsche, (cause you were actually careful when trying to overtake a opponent or when trying to speed like 160 mph, cause if you crashed then you would have to pay for the repairs...) which kind of gives the game some hurtfull minus points, I was racing a couple of time in the circuit lap, and found out that you don't even have to use your brake once you know the lap ( geez i'm not a big fan of arcade racing, i was a little dissapointed with HP2 cause of that ) which is not as bad, but my guess is that everybody was at least hoping/thinking that it would be like the NFS Porsche driving style......
I must say I always wanted to have a racing game where everything can be costumized ( haven't played MCO, cause I didn't had dsl at that time-> i hate it when it lags ) and this game will make my dreams come true, and the graphics are superb, I like the motion blur when you drive high speeds, but only i Drag Race. But if you combine MOTION BLUR + LIGHT TRAILS, it can make the track lil less to focuss on cause you can't see clearly, and also the motion blur make the graphics seem softer on the edges and not as clear like when you turn it off....
Man I can't wait till it is released :shock:
Last edited by made_man on 08 Nov 2003, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Damn japanese brands. "No, we don't want our cars to get damaged". It's the only thing which ruined GT. Learn of Porsche.
Firebird
Stock
Stock

Post by Firebird »

Ah MAN!!!!! no damage!!! that sucks...... well ok can live with it just with much luck. i saw the cars of NFS: U but the aren't that smooth? Is this because ive got a Geforce 2 or is it just because they aren't as spectaculair as i thought they would be?
Njal
Stock
Stock

Online play

Post by Njal »

I thought online play was supposed to work in the demo but it doesn't, atleast for me.
Once i press the online option the game crashes.
Anyone know anything about this?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Are you running a software firewall (like Zonealarm)?
If you are, then add NFSU demo to the list of programs that can access the internet.
jancleynen
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jancleynen »

Firebird wrote:Ah MAN!!!!! no damage!!! that sucks...... well ok can live with it just with much luck. i saw the cars of NFS: U but the aren't that smooth? Is this because ive got a Geforce 2 or is it just because they aren't as spectaculair as i thought they would be?
I think the screenshots on the various sites are taken from a very high performance pc.................
Arayan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Arayan »

OK. That's enough! EA is making worse and worse NFS games. HP2 was a mistake and now? NFS:U was my only hope! I am asking WHY there are no dashes? WHY there is no visible damage to the cars? WHY there is no replay option? WHY there is no real movies (remember those in NFS1 and NFS2)? And finally WHY there is no controler sensitivuty adjust not mentioning Force Feedback volume??? I'd better get back to the Mindnight CLub 2 and NFS:PU...
Njal
Stock
Stock

Post by Njal »

bobyx wrote:Are you running a software firewall (like Zonealarm)?
If you are, then add NFSU demo to the list of programs that can access the internet.
Nope, but i read somewhere that there is a bad version of the demo. so i checked the list with official mirrors (downloaded from filefront first) now I'll try direct from EA and the filename is not the same so i hope this works..
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

The corrupted version gives you an error when installing and if you extract it manually it won't install (I tried it).
Njal
Stock
Stock

Post by Njal »

bobyx wrote:The corrupted version gives you an error when installing and if you extract it manually it won't install (I tried it).
ok, that's not the problem then.. don't know what it is but no other game except till demo is acting strange.
waiting for that patch..
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

I've been an NFS fan since I played NFS2, and some games are disappointing and some are not. I think one of the best has been NFS4, because it has really good damage etc, I didnt like NFS5 because Porches bore me. I bought NFS6 and it has good graphics but bad replay options. Now I cant wait for nfsu, graphics are amazing, I really, for the first time in a nfs game, dont care about the damage, too bad for no replays tho... also, this game will be great and will leave Midnight Club 2 behind.
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

download it directly from the ea website, maybe it works, I have dial-up 56k and thank god that after 20 hours it worked. My friend gets an error when starting the game, and he told me the installation is really slow, maybe the corrupted version has different effects? Btw, anyone knows if there is a way to enable the crowds in the demo?
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

Yes, I wasted 20 hours, Im not the only one right? :(

Return to “Underground”