Test Drive Unlimited 2

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2

Post by T0MMY »

is it true that TDU 2 announced ?
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

no?
Explicit signature removed.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

It's not even confirmed whether that would be the real name... it could be Test Drive Infinite for all we know.

If they do a similar layout to TDU, I hope they don't make it in a large city like Tokyo because that would cause PC users a whole lot of grief with all the lag (Think downtown Honolulu, except with no escape).

I think it would be nice to see it in and around Las Vegas, as there's lots of remote areas (Maybe even Area 51!) to put the pedal to the metal and it would be a pretty fun place to have non-race related things that TDU had (Eg. Staying at a hotel instead of having a house).
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

It'll be cool if you can drive all over the world, like Gumball 3000. :)
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Try to be realistic... You know how many terrabytes of hard drive you'd need to recreate the entire world for a game?

If the tiny island of Oahu takes up a massive 8 GB, just doing 1 entire state would be 500 GB+.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Porsche-AG wrote:Try to be realistic... You know how many terrabytes of hard drive you'd need to recreate the entire world for a game?

If the tiny island of Oahu takes up a massive 8 GB, just doing 1 entire state would be 500 GB+.
Yeah... space dude... I can fit a whole state still.... :D
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Yeah,they have to think about a location with highways and straight roads and with kinda little surface,like an isle.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Porsche-AG wrote:Try to be realistic... You know how many terrabytes of hard drive you'd need to recreate the entire world for a game?

Think about which state. My state is pretty small. I'd say MAYBE 3 times bigger than Oahu, because it takes around 4-6 hours to get to the north tip. (Going through mountains and such)
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

My state would be pretty cool, go from the beach to the mountains in just a few hours... of course it'd take to long to re-create all the ricer's cars around here... :lol:
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

It would be cool if the actual place had an mountain or so and when you drive the car through there, a snowy environment would greet you - something like The Alps race in the NFS: Porsche game.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Yeah,and have day/night.
Could be awesome to drive a F430 through snow at night... :D
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I'd hate to take a turn at 120 in the Enzo... :lol:

...good idea though. :P
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

This is kind of old news, and I'm surprised no-one's posted it, but testdriveunlimited2.com was registered a few months ago, and it can be traced back to Atari, Inc, of 417th Fifth Avenue, New York, New York. If you try to enter the page you get a 403 Forbidden Error, but there is a screenshot of a (seemingly) working page, which includes the Atari symbol, on who.is.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

How about Las Vegas or southern California in the coachella valey (google it) that is where i live. and here its awesome for tourism and we have lots of mountains. And the coachella valley is a desert. TDU has a tropical landscape, TDU 2 will have a Desert landscape
Instagram @SupraHKS
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Could be cool to drive on lonely road. Hearing the roar of your engine and seeing the lines of the sky.
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

Salonika, Greece!
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Depends on how much time they're willing to spend. The best area would of course be the Earth. Then if it's smaller, I'd like to see the whole Europe. If it's even smaller (probably yes), then Switzerland. (I don't think the game would be on a race track). This type of Switzerland I mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUF-N8BsBmU around 7-8mins.
tool831
Ricer
Ricer

Post by tool831 »

Quoted from TDUC :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source

Test Drive Unlimited 2, sequel to the award winning Test Drive Unlimited, will see probably its official unveiling sometime later this year and I'm going to share with you guys. Are you ready? Good, now feast your eyes on some early media. From concept art to some early ingame material with some game related info thrown in between, so you can get an idea of what to expect from the sequel.

But keep in mind that all the media is at least one to two years old, in case of ingame material showing an very early build, and it is possible that in the end not everything will be in the final game.

Will update the thread in the next two or three days with some more stuff.

Lets start with some early concept art. The biggest new thing in TDU2 will be off-road racing, featuring various new classes of vehicles including SUV's, Buggy's, Motocross and ATV's.

Click images below to view larger size.

Concept Art: SUV's/4x4's driving through wetlands

Concept Art: Ducati vs. Hummer

It is planned to have at least one new location besides Hawaii.

Concept Art: A Buggy race
----------------------------------------------------------

The following concept art was originally done for TDU but now updated showing the other new element in TDU2, rain! Yes, this time it won't be only sunshine, the weather will change dynamically to cloudy/foggy, rain up to heavy tropical thunder storms, all which will influence both your maneouverability as well as your visibility.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lets start with an artwork that shows the new theme of TDU2. It is possible that this art will be used for promotional stuff and even in some form find its way on the cover.

TDU2 Artwork: A New Direction

TDU2 Concept Art: A Tough Battle

It is planned to actually have a story this time around told through cutscenes and dialogues. The player will meet both friends and foes throughout the career while starting with nothing somewhere in nowhere. Your ingame avatar will have more tuning options then before, more clothes, more accessories, tattoos and body piercing. There will be hairstylists and barber shops where you can get a cut or a completely new hairstyle. You have problems with the police or some enemies and you don't want that they recognize you anymore, no problem, go to the clinic and undertake a plastic surgery on your face or any other cosmetic treatment.
Here is an early ingame look on the updated avatar.

TDU2: InGame Avatar
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is an early ingame shader test image but you might notice something new in there, exactly, a fuel gauge!!. Yes, this time you will have to keep an eye on it while cruising and fill it up at the nearest gas station or you will end up stranded on the street.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always keep in mind, these are early concepts, ideas or stuff in development and might in that form not be featured in the final game.

In case you wondered what happened to all the normal cars and bikes after you heard all that off-road stuff, don't worry, nearly all, if not all your favorite makes from TDU will be back including some new ones. But since this is something where licenses are involved, nothing can be confirmed nor denied at the moment until the deals are fix, and as you may know from the past, licensing issues like to appear at the very last moment.

In case of cars, you will have this time a bit more control, not just the windows or the radio, this time you will be able to turn on, turn off the windshield wipers, thanks to the rain, or in case you are driving an convertibel, open/close the roof, just to name a few.

The world is planned to be more richer in detail, to have more life, thanks to that that the people in the game will actually talk this time around, there will be a story, you will have to fight your way up to the top, not just switching from one task to another like in TDU.

An early ingame look at the expanded world, new ways, new places, new adventures.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Alright.. rant time:

1) The off-road idea is bland. I think that if they want to make an off-road game, make a new Test Drive series, dont name it Unlimited 2. I was expecting a country ride in autumn or some kind of other area with good cars and such.

2) The storyline and character customizations are great, but plastic surgery? WTF? Seriously guys, get your head straight. "Hello, doctor. I'm going to pay a hundred grand for you to remake my face. *drill noises and blank screen* Kthxbai"

3) I actually love the fuel meter idea. Always wanted to stop at a gas station and ACTUALLY have something happen, let it be NFS or any other game.

4) Woot! The people will talk this time? More life? Can I drive through the forest and see koalaz?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Stereo wrote: 4) Woot! The people will talk this time? More life? Can I drive through the forest and see koalaz?
Unless TDU2 is located in Australia, I really doubt you will find koalas in the forest :roll:
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Lol @ koalaz...they smell....
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Finally! :D

That's all I'm gonna say for now. :P
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Morty wrote:Finally! :D

That's all I'm gonna say for now. :P
Lol. Seconded!
korge
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Am I missing something?
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Well, it appears that TDU2 is coming, but I'm not gonna start jumping around until I get more info about it. But I like that there's not complete silence around it, that's definitely a good sign. :)

Return to “The Games”