Bit of everything
46%

Total votes: 102

Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Re: - What would YOU like to see next -

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

As awesome as those old games are... it was only for their time actually. If EA try making an old school revamp game or something, then... poof, the series dies. EA did a great job with the series from TNFS to MW. Then after Carbon, everything went down.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Oh contrare... (spelling?)

CC track games i think could still do very well. Granted, it'd be hard (not EA's specialty,) but when it comes to that you'd have to be very specific about smaller aspects like the sense of speed, what cars to include, and to me -- music would be a very large influence on it's success.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:EA did a great job with the series from TNFS to MW. Then after Carbon, everything went down.
Actually ProStreet didn't turn out as bad as Undercover did. If I could sum it up, it was one better game than of Undercover by a landslide.

Undercover belongs to the bin.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Carbon belongs to the bin more than Undercover tbh. Undercover IMO was at least tolerable (even if on the PS2 it is the exact same thing). I don't even want to rant my @$$ off with Carbon.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Carbon isn't all that bad, to be honest. If it wasn't that good I wouldn't be playing it still. It's more user-friendly as compared to Undercover. And let's admit it. It performs better too.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Carcrazy wrote:Oh contrare... (spelling?)

CC track games i think could still do very well. Granted, it'd be hard (not EA's specialty,) but when it comes to that you'd have to be very specific about smaller aspects like the sense of speed, what cars to include, and to me -- music would be a very large influence on it's success.
Hm... maybe it could work. But as you said, not EA's specialty. You'll have to include customization to an extent and most of all, have really detailed tracks. Also including the police wouldn't be bad [Hot Pursuit].
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

o- Lots of cops, as in Most Wanted, Carbon and Undercover
o- Both day and night. Street, desert, forest and mountain, as usual. No purpose-built circuits, unless these look damaged (Flatout).
o- The more racing variety, the better: regular races, drag, outrun, drifting, chases (Canyon Duel / Highway Battle)... Speed Challenge and Speedtrap were bad, though.
o- To enter a race, you should bump into a group of racers, or horn a passing car.
o- Track limits shouldn't be solid. If you miss the track, hit the handbrake and turn around!
o- Or even better: tracks should be made of checkpoints, so you can take any route to them. That also means that players can create races, and that you can lose cops.
o- A little more customisation than in recent installments, for example taillights and more variety of body kits. But no neon lights, spinners or hydraulics.
o- Little or no story, as usual. And if there are videos, bring them with subtitles, please!
g u c c i
Ricer
Ricer

Post by g u c c i »

My vote goes to a bit of everything. :D
I loved the style of Underground 1 and 2 the most but it would definitely give an edge if the police chase is present. What I really missed since Underground 2 is the vast modifications that you can do, the URL race and the availability of all race modes without going online. That being said, I'm hoping to see it in the next NFS installment along with a great storyline, if not great, just not a cheesy one.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

NaBUru83 wrote:o- Lots of cops, as in Most Wanted, Carbon and Undercover
o- Both day and night. Street, desert, forest and mountain, as usual. No purpose-built circuits, unless these look damaged (Flatout).
o- The more racing variety, the better: regular races, drag, outrun, drifting, chases (Canyon Duel / Highway Battle)... Speed Challenge and Speedtrap were bad, though.
o- To enter a race, you should bump into a group of racers, or horn a passing car.
o- Track limits shouldn't be solid. If you miss the track, hit the handbrake and turn around!
o- Or even better: tracks should be made of checkpoints, so you can take any route to them. That also means that players can create races, and that you can lose cops.
o- A little more customisation than in recent installments, for example taillights and more variety of body kits. But no neon lights, spinners or hydraulics.
o- Little or no story, as usual. And if there are videos, bring them with subtitles, please!
HEY!

Congratulations, you just re-designed Midnight Club LA. :lol:
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

That's exactly what MC:LA is? I haven't played it so I don't know.
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

Neither do I, Kammy. Does it have cops too, Carcrazy?
Wezo
Stock
Stock

Post by Wezo »

Old School.

Its PATHETIC racing against kids that you see role up in a Lamborghini with bright green rims, Blue/Green paintjob with the worst vinyls I have ever seen. I am sick and tired of people ricing out exotics. I know EA does absolutley everything for money (ie. concentrating on the 14 and under bringing them in on games where the main purpose is to make your car as riced out as ever), but for once they should go back to there hot pursuit days, the days where NFS were good racing games.
Switch it up abit EA, I mean the last how many games inovlved riced exotics racing the same kind of car your mother drives, terrible storyline, and a game that cant run worth shiznit.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

NFS needs a thorough cleansing, and the only solution is to regroup and leave this idiotic ricer trend in the dust and continue on with style and sophistication.
More: TL;DR!
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Oh god...

Promotions
musho3210

Those are the only people I agree with throughout that ENTIRE thread.

My opinion: Um... if going back to their roots means losing a fun concept (a.k.a. the tuner scene altogether), then consider NFS dead even before NFS 13. Sure, the hardcore fans will stay, but do you really think, with how big of a fanbase the tuner scene has gotten EA, that it will be compromise for all? I'm not saying the classic NFS sucked, but if they do go back to their roots, the fanbase will become as small (maybe even smaller) as Viacom's ego once they lost a big share of their stock messing with YouTube.

EA has the motivation to make an enjoyable NFS for all, but the fans just don't agree with what they (the fans) want. With me, however, as long as the gameplay is decent (and there's still the tuner scene that I've come to love for 6 years), I don't care what they do in all honesty.
Wezo wrote:Old School.

Its PATHETIC racing against kids that you see role up in a Lamborghini with bright green rims, Blue/Green paintjob with the worst vinyls I have ever seen. I am sick and tired of people ricing out exotics. I know EA does absolutley everything for money (ie. concentrating on the 14 and under bringing them in on games where the main purpose is to make your car as riced out as ever), but for once they should go back to there hot pursuit days, the days where NFS were good racing games.
Switch it up abit EA, I mean the last how many games inovlved riced exotics racing the same kind of car your mother drives, terrible storyline, and a game that cant run worth shiznit.
Hint: Don't modify (visual-wise) your exotic, then. #-o

Bold part: And EA appealing to that are group (assuming it's what you're saying) is... bad, correct? Makes perfect sense. Yeah, right.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Can somebody actually tell me what they want in "Hot Pursuit days"?

What do you want in a modern "HP days" game? By that do you mean no vinyls, limited customization, etc. A game like that would suck. Or do you want broad, detailed tracks?

Because with all your complaining, I'm believing you want a track-only, non-street racing, customization-free NFS game.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

That seems to be what the guy wants, yes. Those aren't my views however, it just some rant I found on a PS3 forum.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

lol. If some kids wanna rice Lamborghinis, what's stopping them? Let them have fun and then laugh at them for making the car look ridiculous. :lol: If you're smarter than that, though, you just wouldn't rice them anyway.

Performance-tuning exotics is still a good idea, though, and tuning Japanese cars (visually and performance-wise) is not going to go away anyway (and really shouldn't, although the body kits shouldn't be total-rice like some of UG's).
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Agree^^ Also, there's this saying that's ignored many times:
"If you don't like it, don't f*ing watch it."
...or don't play it, in this case.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

I think the next NFS should be like dis...
U start out in a fictional free roam city.
By doing more and more Street races and getting rep for being chased by the police will allow u to be noticed by a sponsor( at bout 40% completion) from there u start going to real circuit tracks to represent that sponsor. How to get to those real circuit tracks u go to the airport and there will be a race there and says Pro Race ( or somthing similar) and u choose that race and it says ex. infineon raceway race 1 of the 12 race championship and u do more championship tournaments and less street races ass u climb up the latter of racing until u r at the top of racing and u completed the game. then all races r available to do.

Its ok to be confused. if u don't get somthing just ask
Instagram @SupraHKS
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
masterchief12
Ricer
Ricer

Post by masterchief12 »

I chose bit of everything because every game had a good thing.
In my opinion i liked:
-ricers
-muscles
-exotics
-autosculpt
-cops
-jobs
-night
I didnt like anything about ProStreet
Sir Tristan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sir Tristan »

OK.
I'd say:
Exotic/Tuner/Muscle division is absolutely stupid. There should only be lots of classes (like, 350Z is roughly as fast as a Cayman, not faster or better handling) divided by horsepower or acceleration. Tuning would make them into another class. That solves everything, an ultra-tuned Supra vs a sports car like an F430 or Gallardo. A tuned 911 Turbo (like Techart GT Street) vs an older supercar - like an F1, XJ220 or CLK-GTR. New supercars can only race other supercars.

And one more thing: there should be always proof for existence (or, indeed, possibility) of a car similar to some that you may see in the game - if there is a some monstrous Civic outrunning an Enzo, show me it, and then you can put it in-game! If someone has put a huge bodykit on a 911 Turbo (TechArt GT Street) make it similar (or licensed) in the game. If someone offers a twin-turbo for a Golf R32, put it in-game. If someone could put an R8 engine on an A3, make it swappable.
But show it's possible!

And the tuning thing - I meant you get to tune cars (u dont drive them then) from each manner and tune them as you like. If you leave them stock or merely change rims, the game will make similar modest mods, if u rice them up, the opponents will be too.

Also I liked about HP2 the chilled racing - GT, Grand Touring, you felt covering long comfy and fastly travelled distances... It would be good if cars like Panamera or Rapide were there with a higher Ride Smoothness (Top Speed, Handling, Acceleration, Comfort - factors deciding about success in various situations) :)

There are factors that (in my opinion) make NFS crap - I'll try and list them for ya, though I'm sure u know them:
1. Ricing beautiful cars - bodykits look good on a Supra or Skyline, but a randomly generated Murcielago makes me sick
2. Random and anonymous opponents - who doesn't remember the Dylan dude, along with Parise from Porsche? Or Gotcha and Leadfoot of NFS3&4? Who however does, some random guys with randomly made cars (in U1 u could recognize them and names and rides) which are rice?
3. Only street tracks, teleporting to Mediterranean or some desert or wherever is not a bad idea keeping the city - cos ONE american city's rural areas won't give the variety of nice things you can see in Europe, USA and beyond (Australia? Africa?) - some imagination!
4. Learning it takes a Golf to smoke a Carrera GT
5. Pimpmyridehooomieboooy(TM) and Youdonthaveenoughreptoracemeyoupunk(TM) stuff - everything must be based on violence and street cred! (of course that sells best)
No nice and rich atmosphere (8 or 6 rich-ass people meet up in an exotic location and race!), just RESPECT counts...
6. Storylines trying too hard sometimes (a nice addition in U1 or MW, but U2, Carbon and UC are OTT)
7. Unrealistic things with the cops (destroying 30 corvettes a minute and going through roadblocks all the time) - again, show me how an old '98 Camaro smashes through a Crown Vic and keeps same shape (it may have stiffened chassis, rollcage and stuff) at least once. Cops in HP or HP2 weren't realistic but were more believable (no, don't remind me the helicopter), if they darn have so much money for Corvettes why dont they just get a tank and some SWAT trucks and block you properly, then bust you?
8. Little variety of things you can do (Where's be the cop offline?)
9. Stupidly easy opponents; in U1 they were aggressive and have shown desire to actually win the race.
10. Failures to include the two worlds together.

OK, now: how can you combine?
1. Make a city (Tri-City, Rockport, Bayview, City of U1, Palmont work)
2. Along with it, make other tracks to which you TELEPORT while going for the race
3. Restrict tuning to licensed and existing parts which are AVAILABLE FOR THE MODEL, but if there is a horrible rice thing available for an F430 it can be there
4. Make things that people liked about all the series - tournaments, outruns, reasonable cops, extensive tuning of the tuner type cars, reasonable Autosculpt, exotic locations and the city
5. Make a light storyline which isn't about crime syndicates - like, start as a tuner and get into exotic muscle world, start as a rich exotic fan and slightly appreciating tuner cars, being a muscly muscle fan and seeing what Imports have to give...
6. and most important... listen to what FANS have to say!
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

So it’s my turn. Let me tell how the perfect NFS. First of all, I would like to say I agree with many of you. So let’s start
MENU DESIGN
Well it’s not important but I thought a concept. The game shows lots of cars running wild on a freeway while loading, then shows the ea logo on the asphalt. A car drifts and the camera follows it. Then you see a road sign with ΄΄DON’T DO THESE MOVES etc΄΄ Then you see the menu. It could be the classic style or a room full of objects which open another menu by clicking on them. For instance, click on the jukebox and enter the EA-Trax.(It’s a shame there is not available in UC)
Choosing a new background when creating a new game would also be great.
Short TDU videos will make the menus even more lively(for example when entering a shop, you see the assistant saying hello)
STORY
Well don’t know. Something like a guy coming home, at his hood and sees that his sis and a bunch of guys(the other gang members) are such bad drivers. They lose every race, all the good rides haven taken from opponents. The sister gets abused from the bad guy and you have to take this b**tch down. Something like this.
A bit from GTA SA and other NFS with something new and we are ready. Besides, I don’t care much about the story.
GAMEPLAY.
This is why NFS are boring. You have to do the same things all the time. WE NEED VARIETY. Some people want exotics and HP style while others want tunersThe game should be divided in two categories. Day and night.
DAY:
Description: These will give the HP lovers the satisfaction they need. You will have to participate in races with many opponents around the city. Some events may require a short trip to England for example in Grid like events.
Cars: All cars exotics. Ferraris will participate only on these events as Ferrari doesn’t want any trouble with illegal racing. Many of these events will give the player a free car. The player will be able to cruise in an Enzo but not take part in night races(below)
Race Modes: Circuit, Sprint, the old NFS Lap Knockout. Delivery Missions, Hunting(your sis is kidnapped and you chase the kidnappers) where you have to block the road of the opponents, use shorcuts and avoid traffic. Or hit a big rig so that the driver will lose control and land on the bad guys with a big boom.
Tuning shops will help you get the power you need.
NIGHT:
The clock strikes twelve. The gangs start their engines! Money can be lost or earned on one 5 second drag. Hot cars and chicks, sick driving. That’s how the atmosphere of night should be. You can either find a racer or meet the other guys at a certain spot like a parking lot.
Cars: Mostly tuners, but muscles and exotics too. You will be able to tune you ride. As far as the tuning options are concerned, there should be many options but that doesn’t mean the player will have to install them in order to finish the game(Underground 2). Generally, I agree with all the other members suggestions(body kits etc).
Race Modes: Circuit, Midnight Club LA and Burnout Paradise like events(take any route you want), Drags, Drifts(mountain, road and parking lot ones), Missions, Canyon races. URL races would be a great comeback too.
FREE ROAMING. Free roaming in Undercover is pointless so EA, give us some bonus races and places to discover. Abandoned cars which you take and give them their old glory for example.
A clock, a mobile phone and a GPS would help the player be everywhere at the right time. Challenges should appear on the upper corner of the screen.
SHOPS: Car Rental- something like TDU, car shops, clothes shops, tuing stores, gas stations, clubs and more.
Some minigames also have to be added. Pursuits should be realistic and fun. And they need a save button so that I don’t have to let them arrest me when I’m in a hurry. If you save during a pursuit, the next time you start the game, you’ll see a short video of what triggered the pursuit or something like this, and then, continue! And of course, you will be able to chase too. You will arrest bad guys who want you dead in order to keep it safe(you have a lot of enemies).
GRAPHICS.
Can’t EA do as Criterion Games did and give us amazing graphics with fast paced framerate? This is why I want the next NFS from criterion games. Nice scenery, a detailed and realistic with some real life scenery(see trip races and England), stunning effects and lots of traffic! I want amazing scenery like stopping the car at the top of a hill where the sunset as so beautiful. Something like GTA but without pedestrians. Story videos don’t have to be made with real actors but with computer graphics. This will give flexibility(when the player changes clothes, this change could be seen on the video) and EA will be able to make a central character. It’s just annoying seeing people talking to nobody on the videos. Framerate problems should NOT exist!
SOUND
Keep Undercover car sounds, hire some good actors to record the dialogues, add some city effects and a few nice songs including lots of artists and genres. Put a button under the ea-trax submenu which will guide you to the artist’s site. Add custom music support too!! I've created a possible NFS soundtrack which you can find here: http://undercovereatrax.blogspot.com/
Well, that’s all. If I come up with anything else, I will add it. Please comment!
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Criterion was acquired by EA so basically... you're still getting it from EA.

[quote=Sir Tristan]7. Unrealistic things with the cops (destroying 30 corvettes a minute and going through roadblocks all the time) - again, show me how an old '98 Camaro smashes through a Crown Vic and keeps same shape (it may have stiffened chassis, rollcage and stuff) at least once. Cops in HP or HP2 weren't realistic but were more believable (no, don't remind me the helicopter), if they darn have so much money for Corvettes why dont they just get a tank and some SWAT trucks and block you properly, then bust you?[/quote]

Damage could be a nice feature but otherwise, it's called action. This ain't no racing simulator. This is meant to be action street racing. It's supposed to amuse you. After all, who doesn't like ramming through roadblocks like a madman? :P

Return to “NFS 2022”