Help For Non-Expirience Tuners!!

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
gfc_george
Ricer
Ricer

Help For Non-Expirience Tuners!!

Post by gfc_george »

Hi all,ok the question is that im new here :oops: and i don"t how to do great car and bee a pro :D ,like you guys,i wanna now what colors to use,what wheels,hoods,spoylers,mirrors,windows tint,,,ok plese i mean please [-o< [-o< ,somebody has to give some instruccions....
I hope you think on it,because everybody was a new member in this page,sow plese...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Re: Help For Non-Expirience Tuners!!

Post by baumaxx1 »

Ok... in terms of what parts to use, colours, etc... whatever you like and think generally looks good. Look at some of the more notable entries, and real life racecars, showcars, etc. for ideas and inspiration, but it's your own thing that you do. There are no rules, and you'll find many try to push the limits, making "ugly" parts look sweet. Your imagination is your limit.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Also, don't try and modify every part if it's not needed, (roof scoops aren't used often)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Sometimes stock looks better than an aftermarket part. Sometimes stealth and sleek is preferred to big and ugly. Also, try not to use a lot of similar colors for vinyls as contrasting colors help the car stand out. For example, don't use a dark blue strip and a slightly lighter blue decal on the stripe. Also, don't use overly large wheels and don't paint your wheels some unnatural color like pink unless you're going for a certain effect.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yep, sometimes I go with stock: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/46337 (this just won me another CTC), running stock hood, wing, body and even rims as they really suit the rally look. This is the most extreme stock-ness I've done as nothing here is autosculpted... it's just the roof scoop I added... but these were already rally parts.
Other times I mod the stock kit, with some aftermarket rims... sometimes you can go and swap parts if it suits the particular theme and look. Stealth and sleek is usually a safe bet though.

Similar colours can look dull, and contrast is good.
I've got 2 blues here... but there's also the black for contrast. http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/34580
But... in an analogous colour scheme... sometimes a a rich deep blue, and a very light tone can work: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/45330
However, don't do something like this: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/36351 The decals look booring!
but... sometimes in a more vivid ride where the decals aren't a major focus... mut more minor: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/37221
you can go for outlines as they add to the layout without stealing the show. But! looking back on this car, maybe an orange would've been more exciting... to tie it into the layout like here: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/44043
Rim colours... standard ones are a safe bet... but sometimes matching the colour to the layout can work well :http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/37531

Just pointing out a few ideas I've had and some of the things that have and haven't worked from my own experience if that helps.
Lucky 13
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lucky 13 »

I beg to differ with above poster on colors, close colors can actually create a great look. I like to combine blue (especailly metallic dark blue) and black. Sometime though I try blue with gold or yellow. One of my best cars in any game ever did that.

Also, I like to use simple black viynls on pearlescent paint for a richer look. I think it often comes out dark blue (at least on one of my UG1 rides)
*farts*
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Did u read the post? I had a whole paragraph on the colours and the first car I linked was deep blue-black-light blue
Lucky 13
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lucky 13 »

Ahem.
baumaxx1 wrote:Similar colours can look dull, and contrast is good.
*farts*
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yes... can... not always true.
Also:
I've got 2 blues here... but there's also the black for contrast.
U wrote:
I like to combine blue (especailly metallic dark blue) and black.
I did that in the example... but with a lighter blue added.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Don't get your girly knickers in a knot you two andd let's focus with the question at hand.

As with the above posts I believe that contrasting shades of colours can work really effectively, but ultimately it's your judgement on what looks best for that perticular car.

Vinyls which flow with the cars lines often give a good feel. Don't feel that overly complex vinyl setups will always be better than a few effective vinyls or in some cases none at all. It's like as Baumaxx1 with the body parts, simple can often be the most effective.
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Mars

Post by TW1ST3R »

Don't use random colours for rims like red or blue - from what I've seen it doesn't work. Use silver, black or gold - whichever one best suits the car's colours.

With exotics don't use carbon fibre hoods unless its something like the BMW M3 E92 (it has a carbon fibre roof so the hood goes well). For vinils on exotics try to follow the lines of the car; slashes, etc are more effective on tuners.

Massive rims are a big no-no. [-X

Happy tuning! :D
JedeDierevew
Stock
Stock

Help For Non Expirience Tuners

Post by JedeDierevew »

hi my problem is i have smart four two but the driver s door wont open as the cable has come away or snapped i cant open the door at all and have taken the door panel off but cant get to the all important screw shown in your diagram for fixing the problem does anyone have any ideas of who i can get the door open to take the door panel off

Return to “The Showroom”