Need some help with winning races :(

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
bryce
Stock
Stock

Need some help with winning races :(

Post by bryce »

I've been doing ok for a bit, but since I hit blacklist #7, I can't seem to win any of the races/milestones, etc needed. Can someone give me some advice on winning the races, evading police in pursuits, etc, etc?

Also, I'm trying to learn to drift as I see that is needed in some races but where do I start?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Need some help with winning races :(

Post by Andre_online »

Practise makes perfect, I guess.. :)

Drifting isn't exactly the best idea. In fact, you'd wanna drift as little as possible to get optimum speed after corners. Use plenty of brakes to assist in gear shifts, and you'll be fine :)
bryce
Stock
Stock

Post by bryce »

I never shift gears, should I be lol.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

You're on automatic transmission? In that case, you can always rely on speedbreakers. As unrealistic it may be, it really does help in hairy situations. :)
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

That's funny, I've never really had any problems in MW other than... Razor.

What car are you driving? What upgrades have you installed? Are they all at max from what your current level allows you?

It's a funny thing how I made it that far in the game and like... never used speedbreakers. Automatic transmission.

The best way to win races is on straight places use full nitro, then when you see a turn hit the brakes, activate speedbreaker and steer.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Yupp! I never used Speedbreaker either. It's such an unrealistic useless feature. I thought it's a mere gimmick. But a feature is there for something. If you really need to use it, then by all means use it.

It is a game, after all. :)
bryce
Stock
Stock

Post by bryce »

I'm using a porsche cayman I think it is. I won it off one of the blacklist members. It's fully maxxed out and everything. Does that performance option in the menu help at all, if so which way would be better? Or, could someone explain the performance if one is all the way to the right or left?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

The Cayman was one of the better cars in MW. I used it to win all other Blacklist members until Bull, where the Cayman just couldn't keep up with the SLR and I had to intervene and use the Aston Martin, which I won from a Pink from someone.

For me it was just practice. I practiced until I master the track before I took on Razor, who is by far the toughest opponent in NFS' history, alongside Melissa of UG!.. :)
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

I dumped the Cayman for the Gallardo once I beat Ming. Then I drove with the Gallardo a lot but after I beat Webster I started using the Corvette C6 as my main car. And it stayed that way. Seriously, once you get to Webster and get his pink slip, max out your C6 and start speeding! It's perfect.

And for me, getting that one last milestone is near impossible. I have all requirements needed but one milestone. I tried for like weeks until I gave up and put MW to rest. Now I just occasionally free roam when I'm bored.

I once got lucky and thought I'd finally made it when I got a semi-bounty milestone, you know these milestones that you can achieve which are below the Bounty needed to get the standard Bounty milestone in your current level. I thought it'd add on to the milestones but it didn't. If I just continued the pursuit for a little bit more and didn't stop to hide, I could have made it. V_V

Oh well.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

bryce wrote:I've been doing ok for a bit, but since I hit blacklist #7, I can't seem to win any of the races/milestones, etc needed. Can someone give me some advice on winning the races, evading police in pursuits, etc, etc?

Also, I'm trying to learn to drift as I see that is needed in some races but where do I start?
It was the same way with me and Webster once. Glad I threw his ass in the water. Too bad the races got tougher afterwards.

Most Wanted has to be the most challenging NFS I've ever played. It's not a wonder why Nitrodemon gave up... :lol:
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Well at least I only found it tough until Razor.

I mean come on, Webster? ROFL. I smoked him quickly. In like two days. Though that's probably because I had a Gallardo.

I found the game very easy until the time came for Razor. Not kidding. Even Bull was lame.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Actually, Bull was quite a toughie, IMO.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:Well at least I only found it tough until Razor.

I mean come on, Webster? ROFL. I smoked him quickly. In like two days. Though that's probably because I had a Gallardo.

I found the game very easy until the time came for Razor. Not kidding. Even Bull was lame.
A Gallardo? Srsly? You try beating him with an RX-7; see how you fare then.

I've had the RX-7 ever since after I beat Earl.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

@Andre_online: He's nothing compared to Razor.

@Kammy: Well, I get pink slips a lot. I managed to accidentally guess the order of the pink slips and followed it. Makes it easier.

And guess what? Yesterday I took another shot in my C6. I got all 4 milestones, 1,000,000+ bounty only to be busted when I accidentally ran over a spike strip. Didn't see that in the map and plus the police were so close to me and I failed at avoiding it. This is probably due to my bad habit of not using speedbreaker.

And there is no RX-7 in MW, only an RX-8.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:And there is no RX-7 in MW, only an RX-8.
Yes there is. Look closer.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

So there really is... nice.

By the way, anyone ever heard of the bus station trick? Where you go to the bus station and lie on a pack of parked buses. The police get mad and start crashing into the buses while you get bounty and their cars eventually get destroyed [more bounty].

I wish it could work but once you get to the end of heat level 4 or somewhere in the beginning of heat level 5 a police unit actually gets smart enough to come up and bust you, forcing you to flee away.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I've tried that trick once and it only works some of the time. I once did that trick during Heat 5 and after 10 to 15 mins, they still couldn't bust me. So they got tired, and all of them left. :)

As stupid as the cops were, it's a funny scene to watch. ;)
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Wow, I don't think I could hold 'em off for that long.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

As I've said, that trick only works some of the time. :)
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Are you serious? It wroked for me 100% of the time, once for 1/2 hour on stage 5 while I had lunch XD

And besides, it's too easy. I got up to the Supra with a Golf, won pinkslip, used Supra up to Evo, won pinkslip, used Evo up to Gallardo, used Gallardo to beat rest of the game. A Gallardo with full performance (not including junkman) is (IMO) the fastest car beucase it's easy to control while still being able to fo really really fast.
oh snap
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

[/quote="Andre_Online"]For me it was just practice. I practiced until I master the track before I took on Razor, who is by far the toughest opponent in NFS' history, alongside Melissa of UG!.. :)[/quote]
Melissa was hard? Someone must have forgotten to send me the memo...

Razor can be tough, but he has the cheatiest rubber band racing of any NFS game so far.

As for the cars, the Gallardo is probably the best all rounder in the game. But I am biased and still use my RX-7. The Aston is one of the best for pursuits as when using the speedbreaker just before contact with cop it just sends them out the way like leaves in autumn! Just don't get bogged down in cop cars though its got awful initial traction.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

haha I'm pretty terrible when it comes to boss races I hate that I've got to do a race more than twice it pisses me off.
WendyJacobs
Stock
Stock

Post by WendyJacobs »

Striker94 wrote:Are you serious? It wroked for me 100% of the time, once for 1/2 hour on stage 5 while I had lunch XD

And besides, it's too easy. I got up to the Supra with a Golf, won pinkslip, used Supra up to Lancer Evo, won pinkslip, used Evo up to Gallardo, used Gallardo to beat rest of the game. A Gallardo with full performance (not including junkman) is (IMO) the fastest car beucase it's easy to control while still being able to fo really really fast.
I agree with you that it's pretty easy, but funny enough I just skipped the supra and went straight to the evo. It was a bit more challenging that way for sure. Any idea about how long it took you to complete the game?
RazTaz11
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RazTaz11 »

Well, at Blacklist 7, the opppnents team up on you, so make sure to earn money for upgrades in old races.

Return to “Most Wanted”