ZEPHYRE: Overdrive [Music Video]

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
_Zephyre_
Ricer
Ricer

ZEPHYRE: Overdrive [Music Video]

Post by _Zephyre_ »

Why, hello there, guys!

I guess I'm considered pretty new here. I actually made this account quite some time ago but didn't visit much.

...Okay, I'll be honest - I never visited at all, except for the articles on the main page sometimes.

Anyways, I know this is a bit late(like, three games' worth of late), but I've churned out a music video of Need for Speed Most Wanted featuring my custom cars(what else?) with the song 'We Control' by Hyper from the game's soundtrack itself. I must say I'm rather proud of it, being more cinematic than an actual display of racing skill, but yeah, that's just my random ranting.
I highly recommend watching this video with your volume turned up, and in HD, especially since the quality is incredibly messed up on the standard player.

You can view it in HD by going through the following link twice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfJn0y...
If it does not work, try again, or wait for the 'watch in HD' button to appear in the bottom-right corner of the player. If it still does not work, try refreshing or leaving and returning to this page.

High Quality 720p Video Download Link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ARTQKFV

This is a music video featuring my custom cars in Need for Speed Most Wanted with the song "We Control" by Hyper in various races in pursuits that I made because I wanted to experiment with different genres(hence the raplike kind of song which I tend not to touch). I've also tried to make this as cinematic as possible within the limitations of the game engine(with the exception of the city shots early in the video, which were obtained using a camera hack with very finicky controls), so this isn't a video of skill(though admittedly, some parts did require some fancy fingerwork to pull off, most notably within the drifting segments, again within the limitations of the game engine that isn't too oversteer-happy in a sense that you can't swing your tail out beyond a certain limit).

The cars are, in order:
2005 Fiat Punto
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII
1998 Toyota Supra
1995 Mazda RX-7
2005 Porsche Cayman S
2005 Lamborghini Gallardo
Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfJn0yhjsNk

One thing to note, though, is that the quality on the standard player you're linked to is incredibly messed up, so follow the instructions in the video info.

For the record, it's a 720-30p HD video(1280 x 720 set at 29.97 fps) I figure the resolution's the reason the standard player is so horrible.

I'm also hoping that maybe, just maybe, if it's good enough, it could be featured on the site. o_o
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: ZEPHYRE: Overdrive [Music Video]

Post by prince1142003 »

That is a really good piece of work there.
_Zephyre_
Ricer
Ricer

Post by _Zephyre_ »

Thanks.

Comments are welcome(especially in the video, which looks pretty dead).
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Very nice work.
_Zephyre_ wrote:I'm also hoping that maybe, just maybe, if it's good enough, it could be featured on the site. o_o
We now support uploading videos to the Showroom, so the place to start would be to make yourself a Showroom profile and upload your vid there. :)
_Zephyre_
Ricer
Ricer

Post by _Zephyre_ »

Your showroom only supports video file sizes of up to 40 Mb, and seems more specific car-oriented. There isn't enough space for a HD video there unless I drop the quality, and that'll look horrible.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ah. Oh well!

Return to “Most Wanted”