Multiplayer

2003 Need for Speed Underground
MaxdBeast
Ricer
Ricer

Multiplayer

Post by MaxdBeast »

Having some trouble... dad's put a firewall up and i cant play online... i used to play online and most times it would connect and i'd have a bit of fun... but now everytime it comes up with the message that says unable to connect blahdy blah... is there anyway around the firewall?? also the connection bars used to be full up on green no i have 1 red bar... and thats wierd on adsl connection!!!
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

ok. i can tell you wat to do but it will take to long. so ring up your connection holder and ask them ;)
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I had the same problem when my dad installed ZoneAlarm 2months ago. Which firewall do you have installed?? Are you playing in the pc who has intalled it??

I play in my PC, and my father has the firewall, and his PC is the server. At first, we set max. protection level and the game didnt work online in my PC. So I decided to select "medium level" in "Security server" section (general).

Anyways if you have another firewall, try to choose the minim. protection in intranet. Oh and add nfsu to "allowed utils list". Try all that.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I think I know how to solve this.

I use ZoneAlarm myself too. What you need to do is go to the PROGRAMS section. As you know, ZoneAlarm will always have a message popping out whenever it doesn't allow that program to access the Internet and it'll ask for your permission for the program to go online.

So what I did was I wnet to the PRPGRAMS section, put a TICK on "speed.exe" before you go play in the Multiplayer mode, otherwise the system will freeze. About the "Medium Level" thingy, that actually does not matter. It can be high, medium or low, it will not affect the game. Hope this helps... ;)

P.S: BTW, did your game freeze maxdBeast?
MaxdBeast
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MaxdBeast »

thanks guys but i donno what firewall we use and i wouldnt have a clue how to edit the settings... dad being a programmer for a large company like to keep tight security and the server computer has a lock on it so we cant get to it.

my game doesnt freeze.. it just says cant connect, could b bcoz of firewall blah blah
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Oh, it means that the other party might be using a Firewall too, I've experienced that before too, but not too often...
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

man, its another bug of EA. read cearfuly CULD B BCOZ OF FIREWALL. me and my friend once dicided to play online, we turned of our firewalls and same shiznit hapends, and we culdnt play together. but we culd play with other players, same shiznit with kekumrulez we cant play together. so to sumup i wuld like to say: ONLINE is BUGY
MaxdBeast
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MaxdBeast »

i know it says it COULD be bcoz of firewall, but i know it is coz dad's paranoid about ppl hacking... fair enuff... but i wanna play online damnit lol.

i used to be able to......

Return to “Underground”