racing wheel

2003 Need for Speed Underground
SkAtEr6BoY
Ricer
Ricer

racing wheel

Post by SkAtEr6BoY »

hey guys whats up? i got a new racing wheel thats preety good with 8 buttens and pedals and the control thier is sucks someone know how to control better in a racing wheel?
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Learn to drive. :P

Serious, explain it a bit better.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

You have to get used to new contol methods. Paly a little with the setitivity settings and stuff until you fell comfortable driving, and the practice.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I use keyboard and it sucks to drive with it. Is it really useful to drive with a steering wheel? I remember playing with one years ago and it was exciting. But I want to know if you drive better, I mean if you turn better :D

On the other hand it is too big and expensive, and it is only used for racing games. What about buying a joystick? Is it good to drive with it?? Thanks.
SkAtEr6BoY
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SkAtEr6BoY »

racing wheel is better thanx guys now i can control better with my racing wheel
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

I use the keyboard, and not to gloat, but I'm not too shabby at the game. I've used all three. The steering wheel is just hard to get used to after using a keyboard, it MIGHT be more beneficial, but I don't really think so in the case of NFSU. The joystick, is just a no go, don't even bother with it.
SkAtEr6BoY
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SkAtEr6BoY »

now i get it becuse i used a keyboared... thanx Sp3aK
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

This is silly - using a steering wheel is MUCH better. Anyone who says it isn't just never fully tried to race with one in a game that has good physics.

Problem with wheel is there are only 3 good ones around, but even the cheapest wheel is better than keyboard. DaniZ, the times around a lap will always be better.

In any simulation game (not NFSU but I am talking about the usefullness of the wheel) you will NEVER win with keyboard against someone with a steering wheel.

To compare: imagine driving on a street in real life with full lock (full left, full right) even when you need to make a turn. You'll crash soon.

With steering wheel, you can drive like in normal live, and to slow down use the engine, not the brakes.

Conrgatulations on the wheel, though I don't know what you got, but my advice is - stick with it, get used to it, and you'll never go back to keyboard for a race game again (or even arcade driving game NFSU type). Good luck.
JaxeN
Stock
Stock

Post by JaxeN »

What is the best racing wheel for PC? I used to have the Logitech Momo Racing Force Wheel but i returned it back to Futureshop.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

^^ that's one of the three.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Urquattro, tell us the 3 good wheels, I think I will buy it. Thanks ;)
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

The Momo Racing is probably the best racingwheel for the PC, but be sure to get the second improved version. The first one has a lot of problems, like breaking shiftpedals.

I remember you can see the difference in the production code, but I forgot what it was. Just ask the person who sells it.

Return to “Underground”