Need for Speed SHIFT First Hands On

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Need for Speed SHIFT First Hands On

Post by Andre_online »

tavaski wrote:This game is gonna SUCK!!! :x such a big rip off from GRID. Why come out with something everybody already experienced in GRID/GT??? Well thats just EA, they never disappoint to disappoint us =D>
I think you've been missing out on a lot this year alone..

I guess EA can't please everybody. If you're not liking it, don't buy it. Simple.. Don't take it so hard on them. For once, they're trying something unprecedented. I for one am trying my best to appreciate what they've been doing.
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

Its time to take a break from cops and open world. *hears raging fans, wtf.....*

I hope both my aging racing wheels work in this one.
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

korge wrote:
mean2u wrote:NFS: GRID, incredible. :roll:
I honestly dont think they could even come close to how flawless GRIDs drifting was. Dont worry, SHIFT wont save the franchise's face because even if it is "Awesome", it is simply a simulator and that isnt what NFS as a franchise stands for. Unless they plan on making a full line of Simulators from now on. :lol:
Haha, didn't even know there was drifting in this game. But yeah man, agreed on the rest. Hope NFS: World does well. :)
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

mean2u wrote: Haha, didn't even know there was drifting in this game. But yeah man, agreed on the rest. Hope NFS: World does well. :)
I dont think there is.
korge
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

We don't know, and won't know till EA makes it official.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Grids drifting flawless?? didn't know there even was such thing... but then I never drifted in real life, so got nothing to compare it with, and I don't consider sliding around a snowy parkinglot drifting :wink:
Personally didn't like Grids drifting, normal racing was pretty nice and with some nice details, but didn't care at all for the drift part, had imo a horrible feel to it... way to twitchy.
But then I only played the demo, but the fact that the races are only US vs US and Euro vs Euro etc. which bothered me.

I think Shift got a chance, but I'll just wait and see 8)
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

prince1142003 wrote:We don't know, and won't know till EA makes it official.
"That's true... Besides... This is a good comment from You... I hope the next time, too! :roll: =D> =D> =D>

@TheStig!

"Race Driver "GR!D" is a Good Example for Need For Speed SH!FT and I hope that EA is thankful for the Idea!" 8)
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Woah I got in here late. lol

This actually looks pretty good... what I want to know is how they got by for 3 years and we didn't know everything about it yet. :o
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Carcrazy wrote:Woah I got in here late. lol

This actually looks pretty good... what I want to know is how they got by for 3 years and we didn't know everything about it yet. :o
Because it was being developed by an "outsourced" studio.

Similar to the Westwood takeover.
korge
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Hydro_PT wrote:
korge wrote:Sounds promising. Finally, what EA wanted. Their very own GRID killer.
I just doubt that EA will kill GRID. I can honestly say I'm disappointed after reading this article. Bojan, it is nothing personal against you, but I think you clearly exaggerate when you write about an upcoming NFS. Last year it was the same thing with Undercover, everyone that read your reviews would think that the game would be really good, and it turns out it wasn't... can't you tell the truth because EA don't allow you to or that's really what you feel? :?

As for the text:

"But that's not all - the cockpit is fully functional, meaning working rpm and speedometer dials, HUD in the Corvette, fully functional rear view mirrors, they even went so far that if you look down (you have interior free look) you see the driver's legs moving when you shift gears, hit the brakes and gas!"

Wow amazing! Something I've never seen before... again EA giving detail to things that don't really matter and everyone getting hiped because of that.

"I can say that each car handles very differently and mastering a powerful car like the Zonda will take a lot of effort and preferrably an analogue controller."

Same thing you said with Undercover last year...

"And what's best is that's not all Shift has to offer. Expect lenghty carreer with several challenges, 16 players races, online vs. real people, several real world tracks and tracks based on real locations (like downtown London), full customization, both interior and exterior, performance tuning and something that hasn't been seen in an NFS game for a while now: full race replays."

That's it? Where's the innovation? Several real world tracks, several challenges, full customization, both interior and exterior... that's detailed? That's a shiznit info IMO.

I'm sorry if I sound too negative, but I'm starting to get sick of this. Every year Bojan or someone else writes great things about an upcoming NFS game: it will be this and this, and great and amazing, bla bla bla. And every year it turns out that everything was either lies or then a fanboy writing. :(
stfu
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

powerof1000 wrote:stfu
stfu x2

He has every right not to trust EA's release of a NFS title. Its their own fault anyways. Keep your 1 word trolling fanboism posting to yourself. Its not appreciated.
korge
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

spectre01 wrote:No customiaztions, track racing, fast pace... oh wait, I've played that game. Its name is Race Driver: Grid!
i think in the link i posted, the vid interview said something about being able to change bodykits and spoilers
Instagram @SupraHKS
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

Zotic+ wrote:
spectre01 wrote:No customiaztions, track racing, fast pace... oh wait, I've played that game. Its name is Race Driver: Grid!
i think in the link i posted, the vid interview said something about being able to change bodykits and spoilers
with the SAME 3-4 that are STILL not that good looking?!
kovu1123
Ricer
Ricer

Post by kovu1123 »

i just thought about it why dont thay just release a demo later in the year so that people can download it and try it for them self's i think that will be a great idea =D>
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

2fast4all wrote:
Zotic+ wrote:
Who cares about customization? I could care less about whether or not I was able to customize the outside of my car. It's the racing experience that matters to me, and it's mainly fans like me that Shift is geared towards.
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

2fast4all wrote:
Zotic+ wrote:
I don't think I've seen the body kit on that Audi in the picture on any of the other NFS versions...
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

TONTO89 wrote:
I don't think I've seen the body kit on that Audi in the picture on any of the other NFS versions...
That is because these bodykits are not some lame concocted brand that you would see in past NFS titles. They are kits inspired by real modifications you would see on their gt counterparts. Similar to what you would see in Forza or probably even GT5. This could be the point in NFS's franchise where it finally grows up. :)

korge
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I'm dying to know the PC requirements for this game.. It'll sure take a heck of a good PC to run this game smoothly.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

DX10 for sure, meaning XP users are left with shoddy graphics.

Oh well. If you're still sticking to XP after Win7 is released, you're living in denial.
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

Oh no! I want it to play smothly! Grid played perfect, then why not this? [-o<
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

We don't know for sure. Stop getting freaked out over what we think. This is how rumors get started.
Dunko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dunko »

Is this visual customization actually that important? Is racing really a contest to see who can make their car look as not-stock as possible? When you're racing your car, all you notice and care about is how it handles with that new air dam up front, for example. Not the number of sponsorship stickers on the side. Supposing I do try Shift out, visual customization will be the least of my concerns.
prince1142003 wrote:DX10 for sure, meaning XP users are left with shoddy graphics.

Oh well. If you're still sticking to XP after Win7 is released, you're living in denial.
Sticking with any version of Windows after having been exposed to a Mac is what I call living in denial, even if you do occasionally need to use the bootcamp capability.
eat, sleep, race
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Dunko wrote:
prince1142003 wrote:Oh well. If you're still sticking to XP after Win7 is released, you're living in denial.
Sticking with any version of Windows after having been exposed to a Mac is what I call living in denial, even if you do occasionally need to use the bootcamp capability.
LOL!! Amen to that comment Dunko.. Best quote ever. 100% agree with you. ;)

But yea, I'd be in a major dilemma. I'm losing trust in Windows now actually and am thinking of shifting to a Mac. But we're intending to upgrade our 7-year-old desktop PC though, and that's definitely gonna be a Windows. XP or Vista, yet to be decided.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Windows 7 is what Vista was supposed to be (glitter interface with XP reliability). You would be foolish to choose Vista over 7.
korge
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Well as I've observed, when it comes to Windows releasing a new OS, their first years are usually beta years. They are practically unstable. Just take a look at Vista when it first came out. Heavily condemned.

I'd usually take about a year or so before I decide to upgrade to a new OS. For me, I'll go for the Vista first. It seems to be pretty stable now.

Return to “News”