Better car at drifting?

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: Better car at drifting?

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Striker94 wrote:To anybody who has Race Driver-GRID, could you please tell me why it's go much harder to hold a drift whan in prostreet?
In Prostreet all you have to do it turninto the corner at the right speed, and you've got the points. In GRID, you have to make 50 adkustments a second to hold it! Which is more realistic?

Anyway, my new dirft car= M3!!!
Neither of them are actually realistic to be honest. I found it easier on ProStreet at first, but the AE86 on GRID is da bomb.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, well, they both are arcade games, but I meant if you turn of driving aids in GRID, a car does behave like a car, not a shopping trolley.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

baumaxx1 wrote:Yeah, well, they both are arcade games, but I meant if you turn of driving aids in GRID, a car does behave like a car, not a shopping trolley.
Yeah, lol, it's true.

Anyhow, I haven't tried the Corolla (in GRID), but went straight to the Soarer, and then the RX-7.

Back to topic, any car that can achieve a decent speed, and has a tonne of torque is basically good enough for Prostreet :mrgreen:
oh snap
kubasolo
Stock
Stock

Post by kubasolo »

My favorites drifting car is Nissan Silvia (S15), and Mazda RX-7 to Max. Tuning is perfect car...
reign16
Stock
Stock

Post by reign16 »

For me much better to use is Ford Focus,, But it depends in the driver of a car using drifting what is much good using in drifting..

Ricer
Ricer

Post by MarioManeski »

Put stage 2-3 parts on the ae86,some good looking rims and maybe 5-6 decals.There you got your drift car.Do the same with the IS-F and you got yourself a luxury drift car.I think those are my two favs.And the rx7
MarioManeski
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MarioManeski »

And on GRID,I used the s15 silvia and my record in freestyle drift is 30.000.000
280z
Stock
Stock

Post by 280z »

DK's RX-7!!!
My higest score with his car is 12,487
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

reign16 wrote:For me much better to use is Ford Focus
Wow a single post with a useless point. The Focus cannot drift in Pro Street. IRL it's either FWD or AWD so it CAN'T DRIFT in Pro Street!

Anyway back on topic, I use the AE86 a lot at the moment, but TBH I don't like the drift physics ingame. If they had kept the Race physics and made people learn about weight shift and trail breaking they would be able to drift anyway (I drift some of the Willow Springs tracks for fun in my Stage 4 Grip Camaro SS). Other cars I use are the Silvia (S15) the S13 240SX and the RX-7. I HATE the heavier cars for the drift physics ingame as they are so sluggish to change direction and I prefer instant response (only a few cars have that in PS) like with the Hachi and the RX-7.

As for GRID the Drifting in that is screwed on keyboard. Unless you have a Joypad or Steering Wheel you'll need a lot of patience and even more coffee. I am not ashamed to say I can't drift in GRID as TBH its woeful on keyboard and I don't use Pads or Wheels (too expensive). Even worse in GRID there is a glitch which means on keyboard you don't actually get full range of turn in the higher formulae cars (GT3 or higher classes). This means to get onto the main straight at Circuit de la Sarthe you have to use the damn handbrake to turn a corner than Pads and Wheels can actually go through flat!
BEEFKING69
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BEEFKING69 »

the camaro ss rules the drift and drag in prostreet
RazTaz11
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RazTaz11 »

I use S15, M3 E46, and Cayman.
anhology
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anhology »

The best drift car for me was the Cadilac CTS-V
Rattie19
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rattie19 »

The RX7 and the Camaro SS are the best 2 cars to have for drifting. The RX7 dominates the smaller tracks like Ebisu, and the Camaro dominates the bigger, roomier tracks like Autopolis. The Autopolis track where the RX7 gets about 5000, the Camaro gets 10000
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

and im simply using the NSX for everything, it has stage 4 engine and turbo + stage 3 everything else, no nos installed.
i haven't tried going for the records so far, but 11k(10.993 to be exact) is possible without any hand tuning so i believe after i find someone who has a good setup for it, or get one myself, then get some skill in Pro Street drifting some nice scores may be possible with the car. oh the 700 hp roar...

Return to “ProStreet”