What's the worst version of nfs

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and older
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

What's the worst version of nfs

Post by hugh750 »

What's the worst version of nfs?
For me it's pro street! :evil:
Ati Radeon 4670 1 gig ram, intel duo core 2 2.3 gig cpu & sb x-fi sound card, 3 gig
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: What's the worst version of nfs

Post by Andre_online »

Undercover, by a clear mile.. ProStreet is one of the best NFS games there is today. If your complaint is because of story line, don't bother 'cuz PS wasn't meant to be story-based game.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Until Undercover came out, I would've said Carbon.

TBH, for some reason, none of the older games come even close to being the epic failures we've begun to expect from EA of late.

ProStreet is one of the best NFS of the "new" era, IMHO. Most people don't like the fact that it's not street racing despite being called ProStreet, and find the lack of a storyline unappealing. WTH does a storyline have to do with racing? Winning a race is motivation enough for me to play. In fact, cheesy acting and storylines can actually be off putting.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

ProStreet was just too glitchy and unappealing for me.

The absolute worst NFS is Undercover for PC.
DMNBT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DMNBT »

I'm still undecided if I hate Underground 2 or NFS2 more.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

That's a... very rare remark.

NFSII was great for its era, so was U2.
DMNBT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DMNBT »

I played NFS2 around the same time NFSHP came out (I bought all 3 NFS games at the same time), and I found it to be vastly inferior to both TNFS and NFSHP, especially the rather weird driving physics. As for U2, I felt like the game was trying too hard to create a seedy atmosphere, while at the same time making it look like it was all sanctioned racing. I also felt that the cars handled worse than in NFSU (which is one of my favorite NFS, btw), and that thare was less variety in the tracks surrounding, due to the separation of the city in several distinct areas making it difficult for a track to cover 2 or 3 different enviroments without being annoyingly long or making the switch obvious by having to go through the highway. Also, I hated the idea of SUV racing.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

DMNBT wrote:Also, I hated the idea of SUV racing.
I wouldn't not agree with that. That deserves a Razzie for being the worst idea ever in any NFS games' history.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

NFS Hot Pursuit 2 JK jk, uhhh, for me it was carbon
Instagram @SupraHKS
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

That makes sense, since Carbon was pretty much MW + autosculpt + night racing.
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

I didn't like Hot Pursuit 2 because it lacked the damage modelling that the two previous games had. Later I was forced to get used to that thing. The biggest failure in Carbon is that races were very easy to win. But very few NfS games are hard, aren't they? Carbon is a night-themed, improved version of Most Wanted. Is that so bad? Oh, and cop chases weren't compulsory, that's a negative point too.

Underground 2 had the (for me) revolutionary open environment and lots of racing variety, but races were too easy and visual parts were ugly. Besides, it's boring to drive for three minutes without any fear of cops popping up, just to start a two-minute race. It was one of the few NfS games that I got bored before finishing. The other one was ProStreet. Its physics and graphics engine were terrible. Nothing else to say, it was by far the worst recent game.

I don't care about the story in NfS games. When I play in English versions, it's hard for me to follow the dialogues. I actually enjoyed Most Wanted's and Undercover's clips, no matter the acting and plot.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

yup NFS2 is probably the worst from the oldie series

about new ones........................... its hard to say as I would include them all :lol:

I would say Carbon since it was overkilling the NFSU success. A "new" game each year? lulz, same game all the time from NFSU... I mean some of the fantastic car parts were exactly the same from NFSU to Carbon. Not ta talk of vinyls, wheels... same game all the time lol.
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

NaBUru83 wrote:The biggest failure in Carbon is that races were very easy to win. But very few NfS games are hard, aren't they?
I wouldn't say that entirely. Canyon drifts are very frustrating since you can easily slip and fall off the cliff.

Otherwise, I agree with you.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Pro Street gets a bad name because it isn't as easy as the rest of the recent games. I had a break from NFS for a while and fired up Pro Street the other day for a laugh (along with Carbon and Undercover). Well suffice to say of the 3 it's the most stable. Carbon crashes randomly and UC just doesn't work with the latest patch (can't get past the loading screen after login it just CTD's). PS however played for 6 hours straight no crashes which shows the 1.1 patch fixed stability if not the glitches with the cars.

Ingame Pro Street has really heavy handling compared to C and UC which is reminiscent of MW and HP2 but it was heavier than both those games. Not necessarily a bad thing but it makes fine tuning turns very hard. Would prefer the turning physics of U1 there where it doesn't have the stupid physics bump every time you press the key on a keyboard which was added in U2. Also when you screw up in PS you can't just pretend it didn't happen because it had a working damage model (even if sporadic and rudimentary) which punished you for smashing through cars and hard objects. One annoying thing is the totalling for rolling a car though as in some scenarios it should just equate to heavy damage (barrel roll and landing on wheels...). But hey that's PS for ya.

Overall though the racing is great fun (if a bit easy) and customising the cars is not too bad (though the limited parts available visually are pretty poor).

For me the worst of the recent games is without a doubt Undercover. The entire Free Roam is pointless unless you want to start a meaningless cop chase. The story is just MW rehashed. The cars handle like they are on rails and are extremely boring to use and the stupid recharging NOS is back. The city itself feels like a ghost town with the amount of traffic, which suddenly becomes really dense on the highway runs! Nah it's a poorly thought out PoS.

Of the original 6 the worst has to be HP2 which had the worst physics for handling. Unlike Pro Street which had some physics in it, HP2 was based on the old block mass physics made heavy. HS and PU both had better handling even if they looked graphically inferior. It was the beginning of the end for the NFS series in heading towards vapid graphics over gameplay formula.
TMW
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TMW »

I reckon Carbon is the worst, along with Pro-Street, simply because of the handling dynamic, and the poor amount of effort EA put in to make the games. If they had've pulle their fingers out, they could've had revolutionary games life NFSU, but instead we get served up sloppy siht that appeals to no-one.
BTW, is it just me or does undercover on PS2 vinyls system lag a lot?
IF it don't cost anything, DON'T BUY IT!!
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i only started playing nfs since hot pursuit 2, and i freaking loved that game to death. i didn't buy undercover because of how bad the reviews were so i can't say if its the worst but of all of them i've played i'd have to say that Carbon was completely terrible in almost every aspect except for the canyon races and the fact that muscle cars and exotics were introduced to the mix of cars. prostreet wasn't that much fun for me. the only thing that really drew me to it was the customization, the cars, and the damage model. the graphics weren't that good and the handling wasn't as realistic as i hoped. i hated how the high end cars handled such as the pagani when it was fully modded. i loved everything from hp2 to most wanted though.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

In this order:

-Undercover, didn't find anything enjoyable in it...
-Nitro, it's just a bad joke.
-Hot Pursuit 2010, found a lot to enjoy in it but also a lot more that made me hate life...
-Shift, plain boredom but it's not a bad game... just, average garbage.
-Pro Street, lots of problems but I've finished the career 3 times so there's gotta be something good in it... I also like customizing cars and crashing them afterwards :D

I also hate Vrally if that counts as a NFS game...
Bernard
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bernard »

The game I have played: Pro Street.
The game I have not played: Most Wanted 2012.
BadHairDay
Stock
Stock

Post by BadHairDay »

I've played all the titles from 2 Special Edition to Carbon. I guess my least favorite of these is Carbon, but I actually really enjoyed it! But it's very disapointing and frustrating for me that the game had so much potential to be better. I would have loved it if they expanded the team idea (which was great) and let you race in canyon duels and have cops in Quick Race.
I haven't played any new ones because my computer can't run them but from what I've read, I think I wouldn't like the new ones at all. I want to play The Run but I know the series has changed and the new ones aren't titles that you are meant to play for more than a year until the next one comes out.
DMNBT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DMNBT »

I hope this doesn't get me a warning for reviving a thread, but I think the topic is worthy of more discussion.

Anyways, for the last year I've been playing all the NFS games again, mostly because I finally finished Uni, so I had time to play while I wait for my doctorate submission to be approved. Since I was playing them, I decided to rank them from the one I liked replaying the most to the one I disliked replaying the most. Earlier in this topic, I said that I was undecided if I disliked UG2 or NFS2 the most. Well, now here's my answer:

-Need for Speed High Stakes
-Need for Speed Most Wanted
-Need for Speed The Run
-SHIFT 2 Unleashed
-Need for Speed SHIFT
-Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2
-Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit
-Need for Speed Carbon
-Need for Speed ProStreet
-Need for Speed Underground
-Road & Track presents The Need for Speed
-Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012)
-Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
-Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed
-Need for Speed Undercover
-Need for Speed II
-Need for Speed Underground 2

I know many people will disagree with many parts of my ranking (Why do you like The Run so much? What has NFS2 done to you? etc.), but life would be boring if everyone agreed on everything, no?

EDIT: And for those who knew my previous ranking, yes, UG went down several places from being in my top 3, such is life.
SFuel
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SFuel »

Well, in my opinion, NFS The Run was the worst NFS game.
Gentlemen.

Return to “Older Need for Speed Games”