ALIAS ERROR

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

ALIAS ERROR

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Okay, here's the problem this time - Every time I try to log into any of my alias' it says "can not load ____ ", therefore I have lost all my progress (unless of course someone has a way to fix my problem). I can't tell you what I did before I went on the game but I can tell you that last time I was on I made a car in My Cars. Anyone encountered this problem and more importantly does anyone have the answer to my problem?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: ALIAS ERROR

Post by prince1142003 »

There's too many things that could have happened, especially since what you did last time was simply adding a car. If you have a backup savegame, go back to that. Otherwise, start over and remember to make regular backups.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Fix the checksum maybe? Use the Savegame Editor.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

these days I only really use CARBON to edit cars for the showroom, so I might get a savegame off the internet.
Do you think that if I deleted the car I made it could possibly return to normal? I guess that doesn't make sense though cos I can't get onto any of my 5-6 alias', not just that one. Oh yes, another thing I did was attempt to download the patch for 1.4. It would load up to 100% but then when you click "run" nothing happens so I selected save when I started the download for the 2nd time and when it finished I had the icon on the desktop but nothing would happen when I tried to run it. So I surfed the net and someone said that you have to place it in the folder you installed Carbon into. I placed several in different Carbon folders around my PC, that shouldn't be the problem though because after "the incident" I deleted them all thinking it was a direct result of what I had done.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I'm confused by your post. Why do you have different Carbon folders on your PC? The patch should be put into the Carbon install folder in C:\Program Files\ and run from there. You should also follow Andre's suggestion to use a checksum fixer on your savegames.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I don't know why there are multiple Carbon folders on my PC I just searched nfs carbon in search and I chucked it in every folder that came up which was applicable to the game. And no, I didn't have the CD in so I didn't paste it into there

Also I got a savegame editor and checked the box unlock all stock cars but the R8 doesn't appear in My Cars? Is that normal?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

The main folder for NFS Carbon is My Documents > NFS Carbon Folder. There should be no other Carbon folders present in other directories, except maybe Program Files in your main / partitioned drive (depends on which drive you installed your game in).

The Audi R8 doesn't appear automatically in My Cars; you have to add it in by yourself. Upon ticking all the boxes, the Audi R8 will be included in the Stock cars' list as well, hence making it possible to add it in to your My Cars list.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

how do you add it then?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

The same way as how you've been adding cars to your My Cars' garage in the main menu. You should be able to navigate your way through having played the game before. ;)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

sorry Andre I'm not getting you. okay, I add cars to my cars by clicking add new vehicle or whatever and then I cycle through the list of unlocked cars until I find the R8, which is not there?
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

sorry Andre I'm not getting you. okay, I add cars to my cars by clicking add new vehicle or whatever and then I cycle through the list of unlocked cars until I find the R8, which is not there?

sorry, but could you rieterate.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Have you activated the trainer prior to launching the game?
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

If yes is what you're supposed to do, then yes. I just followed what it said in the readme, I can't remember if it said to or not though
Zymer
Stock
Stock

Post by Zymer »

Same thing happened to me; sadly I'm playing on a 360 and I have no knowledge of game saves. Oh well... another rainy Saturday will allow me to probably just plow right through the game considering how far I got in two days before the error started occurring.

Return to “Help & Support”