NFS SHIFT: First Gameplay Videos

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS SHIFT: First Gameplay Videos

Post by Skyline_man »

The french online magazine Jeuxvideo posted a couple of gameplay videos for NFS Shift, one featuring the Pagani Zonda (PS3 Version), which you can really feel its speed, and the other one with a Porsche Cayman S (X360 version). Its a CAM footage so don't expect great quality, but they are still worth a look.

Check them out here.
juveenile
Ricer
Ricer

Re: NFS SHIFT: First Gameplay Videos

Post by juveenile »

The drivers are driving bad :D
GRID is better :D (too bad the customization is missing)
DriftingFan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DriftingFan »

the person (people) playing suck but the game is looking good. im looking forward to the game. i at least want the demo to release to tide me over
"Fuel burning fast on an empty tank." Cake, The Distance

PSN ID: DriftingFan
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

The second track is that Tokyo dockyard track, I feel it's just an improved pro street without Ryan cooper(YAY).
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Hmm I'm divided. On one hand, the graphics look really good (track design, cars design, cockpit view, details, etc.), and the sound of the Zonda is music for my hears (I just hope all cars have great sounds).

On the other hand, even though the handling seems to be OK, it felt a bit too arcade IMO. The steering wheels turns too fast or it's just my impression? Also the car slided a bit too much on the corners, but maybe that's because the drivers suck. :P

I would like to see the customization. EA's been keeping that in secret... saying that we will get licensed racing parts is not saying much, because it might all come down to engine, suspension, that kind of stuff. I expect to see some team liveries edition, and some spoiler/wheels tuning at least.

I want the demo to test for myself, but the handling didn't look that bad. Maybe a bit too arcade (more than GRID, certainly). Let's hope the physics are good, and that the damage system is way better than ProStreet.

Looks promising though. Not a surprise... is not EA who's developing it haha.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Keep in mind that most likely all assists were turned on in those videos. It was obvious that racing lines were turned on, which makes me believe that the game was functioning on the arcade level. It is supposed to handle like a sim with all assists turned off, but we'll just have to see how true that is.
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

As much as a noob I may sound but I still need the HUD no matter what.....I need to check that im still in first place :P .

Time to get a new steering wheel. I dunno if my 8-9 year old sidewinder wheels can work...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Why did the Zonda understeer so much? Or is it just that the driver sucked? Anyways, it's really starting to look like a nice game; reminds me a little of Forza Motorsport actually, which I enjoyed immensely. :)
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

Nice vids.
Graphics looked great and engine sounds were nice :)
I just didnt like the camera angle when the camera was far. It was too high and followed the car weirdly. Maybe I'll get used to it or learn to drive with cockpit view :roll:
And the drivers sounds... they will get annoying.

Now im only wishing this game has great visual tuning. More vinyl and decal layers and better color options. And ofc new bk's (real bk's and not those ugly autosculpt things) rims (Etabeta Tettsut and Dotz Hanzo [-o< ) and hoods and spoilers.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Nice to see they've included Brands Hatch. :)
I'm a bit worried about the physics though. Hopefully that player had all driving aids turned on.
Acura
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Acura »

:arrow: Rizur i and whant better tuning :)
DzOniZz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DzOniZz »

That track in video with porsche is from pro street. One of tokyo grip tracks, just reverse direction.
ozzy89
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ozzy89 »

on first look game looks like Pro Street on sterids :twisted: cool engine sounds and inside car camera :twisted: but i'm not sure about damage system...
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

lol it looks like they need to make some tweaks to the racing line lol he was like in the middle of the turn and it was still red; either that or you all of a sudden don't need to brake for turns hahaha
still looks pretty cool.
I agree with Andre it does remind me of forza so thats a plus. I gotta say I'm way more excited for Forza 3 than NFS shift but I guess that could change in the coming months.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

NEW NFSH!FT (DR!FT) NEWS!!! :roll:

PRO STREET TANDEM DR!FT WILL BE TRANSFORMED INTO NFSH!FT! :o :o :o

Check out the NFSH!FT PROMO DR!FT VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vulENdXcY IN HD! 8)

The "Virgo" is behind the Steering Wheel of the New FALKEN Drift Mustang 2009! :wink:

DR!FT MONSTER: FORD MUSTANG GT: 650HP & 9000RPM! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PS:"VISIT THE NEW SPEEDHUNTERS VIDEOS SECTION, NEW DRIFT VIDEOS AVAILABLE NOW!" =D> =D> =D>
Last edited by TRANSFORMER on 29 Apr 2009, 21:10, edited 2 times in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Transformer, that video has nothing to do with NFS Shift. The only thing about it is that it's a Speedhunters video. It DOES NOT mean Shift will have Tandem Drift. And ProStreet never had tandem drifts. Stop posting ridiculous shiznit like this.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

prince1142003 wrote:Transformer, that video has nothing to do with NFS Shift. The only thing about it is that it's a Speedhunters video. It DOES NOT mean Shift will have Tandem Drift. And ProStreet never had tandem drifts. Stop posting ridiculous shiznit like this.
"I bet with You it has, the same as the Video with the "GR!D" Girl on the Drift Track @Speedhunters...
She'll do the Promo 4 Need For Speed SH!FT (DR!FT) Part => You can trust Me... I can smell this... !" :twisted:
Last edited by TRANSFORMER on 29 Apr 2009, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
supervolvo240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

Looks good in general. The sense of speed is very good, as is the frame rate. Graphics are excellent, as is the sound design

A few things bug me though...

1)The Damage model doesn't look nearly as detailed
2)I HATE the start sequence. I'll take numders over glowing circles any day.
3)The driver makes noise when you chrash.

Still, Shift looks solid. I look forward to more news...
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Prince! :roll:

Besides...

Compared to the Development of NFSH!FT, PRO STREET IS 2 YEAR's old, that's a Good Argument! 8)

You're right in fact that NFS PS never had Tandem Drift, but why then the Trailer of it had shown that :?:

1st EXM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNL1tZAt ... re=related (Good Evidence!) :o

2nd EXM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wyfM2-ie-g (Much better Evidence!!!) :o

Trust Me this was just the Beginning... :roll: :roll: :roll: 8)

Any Questions or Arguments?! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Feedback 2 the "Latest News" Videos :

"I'm sorry... I was outta' theme, though I think the Cockpit View looks like in Test Drive Unlimited!" :wink:

Moreover I like the Car Motor Sound (Pagani) and the Nitro (Sound) of the exhausts - Authentic Atmosphere :!:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

@TRANSFORMER: Those videos were probably made just to get the hype going on. If you see carefully, the front wheel comes out of the car as the result of the crash. On the final version of the game that doesn't happen, and the damage system isn't so detailed like in that video.

So the tandem drift scene was made just for the trailer. It didn't take long before ProStreet was released, so I don't think that was a BETA idea they decided not to include.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

I'll try communicating with it...

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: @TRANSFORMER :roll: :roll:

"Stop acting like You know something We don't!!!" :!: :!: :roll: :P :^o

:idea: :arrow: "Don't make claims unless You have solid evidence." [-X [-X :!:

"Don't post links to 1-2 Year Old Videos claiming it has Anything 2 do with "NFSH!FT"." :roll: :evil:

:arrow: "Also, who are You Quoting?" :!: :?: :!: :?
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Hydro_PT! :roll:

I doubt that and I think that EA wanted to do it, but didn't reached the Aim in the 1 Year of Development! :!:

@Zero260! :roll:

I was quoting the Driver as Virgo (6th Sign of the Zodiac) who was driven the new Falken Drift Mustang GT! 8)

To be the honest I guess and I "smell" that NFS SH!FT will contain the Tandem Drift Mode - You don't :?:
Last edited by TRANSFORMER on 30 Apr 2009, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

There were a lot of things about ProStreet shown in concept videos that never made it to the final product. Like duct tape repairs and tandem drifts. And don't forget, a different studio is developing Shift, with a completely different graphics engine and a completely different physics engine. There's no correlation between ProStreet and Shift other than the theme and maybe cars, vinyls, and locations.

But let's get on topic here. I agree the damage model looks like a step down from ProStreet. I think it's a result of a new studio working on the game, which would mean they probably started from the ground up on the models. Hopefully we get better damage in the final version.

EDIT:
ProStreet was in development for over 2 years, Transformer. Get your facts straight.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Prince! :roll:

I have to disagree in the beginning, but I have to agree with You in end and one thing is true:

Drift will be shown as Drift-Battle or Drift-Challenge like in Race Driver GR!D, NFS Pro Street will be a Sim'!

EDIT: SEE IT LATERZ'! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
kovu1123
Ricer
Ricer

Post by kovu1123 »

by looking at the vids it looks like a game i know looks just like prostreet the only thing diffrent are the tracks and the in car cam and moving the cam around ather then that it looks like prostreet

Return to “News”