Undercover DLC Available For PS3 Today

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Undercover DLC Available For PS3 Today

Post by Bojan »

The Boss Car Bundle and Challenge Series downloadable content for Need for Speed Undercover should be available for the PlayStation3 today. Xbox360 and PC will get it early next week.

Update: the DLC also includes Trophies support for the PlayStation3. The support is retroactive meaning you'll automatically get all the trophies you've unlocked so far in the game.
Dinashan
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Undercover DLC Available For PS3 Today

Post by Dinashan »

Does one go to the playstation store or is it automatically downloaded once I insert the game.
Speeding along minding my own business...
DriftingFan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DriftingFan »

Dinashan wrote:Does one go to the playstation store or is it automatically downloaded once I insert the game.
go to the playstation store. they're both there
"Fuel burning fast on an empty tank." Cake, The Distance

PSN ID: DriftingFan
supervolvo240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

The challenge series is really fun, Highway Checkpoint is a hoot!

There is one probleme i have had so far. Undercover downloaded update 1.02. This seems to have increased the frame rate, but bits and peices on the world are "popping" again. Further more, the vynils on all my cars have changed position and type. All my cars are still there, but they look VERY different.

I wonder if EA knows about this problem? I will complain to them.

*Ps3 version by the way. If anyone else gets this problem please let me know, i better not be the only one!
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
DriftingFan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DriftingFan »

yeah supervolvo, i have the same problem with the patch. all my cars vinyl is messed up. theres layers missing, layers added, and colors are changed. that really makes me mad.

on the other hand, the patch added trophy support and they're retroactive. as soon as i got into the game i unlocked 39 trophies :)

i do want my cars fixed though. all my hard work is gone

the cops seem dumber as well and not only is there environment popping but traffic does it too. wtf, this patch messed up alot
"Fuel burning fast on an empty tank." Cake, The Distance

PSN ID: DriftingFan
supervolvo240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

Yeah DriftingFan, I too got a whole lot of trophies :D

But what's really bad, as you said, is the traffic and cops. I was having fun in a Challenge Series race until a large transport truck blocked the entier road with it's trailer, swerving from one side of the road to the other. I've noticed this swerving behavior in all traffic cars! I thought the traffic in Carbon was dumb, but this is crazy. How can we enjoy these new game modes if our custom cars are screwed and the traffic is always in the way? #-o

I'll have to add some "Before & After" shots to my garage.

Still, I like the Challenge Series...
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
Andrew@NeedforSpeed.com
EA
EA

Post by Andrew@NeedforSpeed.com »

I've sent this to the dev team. What would help is if anyone has the before and after images to send me - use Andrew@NeedforSpeed.com and I'll let the guys see the images.
supervolvo240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

Andrew@NeedforSpeed.com wrote:I've sent this to the dev team. What would help is if anyone has the before and after images to send me - use Andrew@NeedforSpeed.com and I'll let the guys see the images.
Will do...

it's a big e-mail, lots of pictures.

I have to take some pictures of my other cars because frankly, the problem has made some of my cars look artsy and interesting. Not the ones i sent you though.
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
LeeH1989
Stock
Stock

Post by LeeH1989 »

supervolvo240 I had the same vinyl problem, but there is a fix for it, i deleted the game data not save data which is the update and patch data and installed the patches again and it fixes it, and found out that its the challenge series what screws up your vinyls, so that means we cant win, if we want our cars or if we want the challenge series, EA better fix this !!
Dinashan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dinashan »

I had the same problem with the misplaced & changed vinyls, plus the popping & framerate issues. Further I also downloaded the boss cars & tried to use Gmacs Lambo for a race & the game froze. I reset the PS3 & was able to use it thereafter. Very frustrating... :evil:
Speeding along minding my own business...
scotth123
Ricer
Ricer

Post by scotth123 »

i had th vinyl problem too :( and all tht other stuff. I was VERY MAD :lol: spose it dunt matta now tho, but i wo well gutted! all that hard work, glad i uploaded the pictures to the website befor evrithing messed up.
jamesmcr
Stock
Stock

Post by jamesmcr »

i was wondering if the new challenge pack is out on the x box 360 in uk yet if not then please tell me when cuz i cant wait to play them thanks :D
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

It should be out soon. Hopefully next week. We'll let you know as soon as it's out.
darklocket
Stock
Stock

Found working solution to 118 vinyls problem

Post by darklocket »

scotth123 wrote:i had th vinyl problem too :( and all tht other stuff. I was VERY MAD :lol: spose it dunt matta now tho, but i wo well gutted! all that hard work, glad i uploaded the pictures to the website befor evrithing messed up.
It took me some time, but I was able to find a bandaid solution that fixes the vinyl on your old cars and still be able to play the challenge series from patch 118. Additionally, you should be able to play online with patch 118.

This solution is only for the PC, but if the file structure is the same, then it should work for other systems.

One thing to note is that this bandaid fix removes the vinyls from the challenge series cars. I suggest you apply the 118 patch and complete the challenge series before applying this fix. I use the term bandaid in the hopes that EA will find the time for a permanent fix in patch 119.

Method 1
requires winRAR or a similar program that can read compressed files
requires The Undercover DVD or original installation files.

1.) Use your compression software to open the file Group6.cab from the undercover installation DVD.

2.) Extract the file GLOBALGlobalB_lzc to your installed game directory. Mine is c:\games\Need for Speed Undercover\GLOBAL.

3.) Delete, or rename the patched 118 file GlobalB.lzc to GlobalB.lzc.118.

4.) Rename the file you extracted GLOBALGlobalB_lzc to GlobalB.lzc

5.) Start the game. You should now be able to see your old vinyls, play the challenge series and play 118 online.

-Darklocket :D

Return to “News”