Need for Speed SHIFT @E3

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Need for Speed SHIFT @E3

Post by Bojan »

EA is showing off Need for Speed SHIFT at this year's E3 gaming event in Las Vegas and while we've seen some of the trailers, there's also gameplay videos and producer interviews available.

Producer Jesse Abney video blog at NeedforSpeed.com
Gameplay video at Gamespot
Gameplay video at IGN
SHIFT press conference at GameTrailers
Reemus
Donator
Donator

Re: Need for Speed SHIFT @E3

Post by Reemus »

Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

From the gameplay footage, it looks like the HUD is different depending on the car. Awesome. And the HUD bounces and shifts when the car does. Also awesome.
driverx15
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by driverx15 »

MEFF1091
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MEFF1091 »

arent you feeling something wrong in gameplay? I mean why the car always throws its' back on every turn ? it is always drifting and rear wheels have no grip on ground ? car doesn't behave realistic on turnings or maybe the driving assists off ? something wrong about gameplay as always. When they will make it proper like gt5 or forza? even the nfs porsche's handling was more realistic than this. I am so angry with that !!!!
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

MEFF1091 wrote:arent you feeling something wrong in gameplay? I mean why the car always throws its' back on every turn ? it is always drifting and rear wheels have no grip on ground ? car doesn't behave realistic on turnings or maybe the driving assists off ? something wrong about gameplay as always. When they will make it proper like gt5 or forza? even the nfs porsche's handling was more realistic than this. I am so angry with that !!!!
Did you play it?... You can't judge only by the looks.

IMO it doesn't look like hardcore simulators but it seems to be really fun.
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
MEFF1091
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MEFF1091 »

LOOK at forza 3 and than shift gameplay videos. forza is not a hardcore sim but car behaves as like it should but then look at shift you will see the difference. car slides so much and always drifts. I hope this is because of driving assists off or the driver ...
MEFF1091
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MEFF1091 »

play grid and see how the car behaves in drift mode. i see that cars (with rear wheel drive) in shift behaves like that. like there is a pivot point somewhere near the in front of the car.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

need for speed has ALWAYS lacked the physical aspect of the game...

but "chance to drive home with a brand new BMW M3..."

YES ME ME!!! I WANT!!!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

It's always hard to tell how the physics system will feel like from just a few gameplay videos. Don't forget that Shift is supposed to have a simulation and an arcade mode. The difference between the two may account for discrepancies in the car handling. The cars could also have been tuned to lack grip on the rear wheels just to show off in the gameplay vids.

My point is that conclusions about the game drawn solely from gameplay vids might end up being wrong. For example, a lot of us thought Undercover was going to be an amazing game in terms of handling form what gameplay videos showed us. But then a forum member played it and discovered that it was horrible. The same could apply to Shift: the gameplay vids might make it appear one way and it might be something different when it's played.
Gotch_nfsplanet
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Gotch_nfsplanet »

This carlist is not complete :) http://www.nfsunlimited.net/shift/carlist

Proof? http://shift.nfsgame.net/novinky/aston- ... ude-chybet - Aston Martin V8 Vantage or V12

Very interesting thing.
supervolvo240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

This carlist is not complete
i bet you're right, our "official" car list has 66 cars, but in an interview with IGN, the lead designer said there were over 80 cars. 66 or 80+? Can anybody shine some light on the topic?
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
Gotch_nfsplanet
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Gotch_nfsplanet »

In that interview, Andy Tudor also said "over 80 cars" (in 1:49) http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-need-for/50839
MEFF1091
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MEFF1091 »

ı hope that handling will be satisfying, only reason for me to say that is the developer is "sms" .if the developer is blackbox or another ea team then all my nightmares come true. I like gtr2, gt legends and I want to believe that the shift is going to be great as a nfs game should be (in the past)
Mr BlackB
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mr BlackB »

lol it reminds me to TOCA RACE DRIVER :D
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

Unimpressed with the first Nissan GT-R video. I know the guy driving is bad, but it wasn't that. It was the fact that the damn car didn't total after so many hard hits & crashes. The damage model doesn't look so hot either, but this is just early footage.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

supervolvo240 wrote:
This carlist is not complete
i bet you're right, our "official" car list has 66 cars, but in an interview with IGN, the lead designer said there were over 80 cars. 66 or 80+? Can anybody shine some light on the topic?
Anyone consider DLC?
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

prince1142003 wrote:It's always hard to tell how the physics system will feel like from just a few gameplay videos. Don't forget that Shift is supposed to have a simulation and an arcade mode. The difference between the two may account for discrepancies in the car handling. The cars could also have been tuned to lack grip on the rear wheels just to show off in the gameplay vids.

My point is that conclusions about the game drawn solely from gameplay vids might end up being wrong. For example, a lot of us thought Undercover was going to be an amazing game in terms of handling form what gameplay videos showed us. But then a forum member played it and discovered that it was horrible. The same could apply to Shift: the gameplay vids might make it appear one way and it might be something different when it's played.
That being said, I'm pretty interested. Might actually get a current-gen system. But I know this: Most of the people who hated ProStreet are CERTAINLY gonna PMS over this.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

66+ or 80+ cars... won't compare to GT Portable for PSP... with its 800+ cars ...

then again my friend reminded me... "Red M3, Blue M3, Black M3, White M3, Yellow M3, etc 20-30 colours per car... that goes up to 800 fast =)"

Return to “News”