SHIFT Car of The Day: VW Scirocco

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT Car of The Day: VW Scirocco

Post by Bojan »

Need for Speed SHIFT Car of the Day features have started on the official NeedforSpeed.com website starting with Volkswagen Scirocco. Check it out for a short history of the car and some serious in game screenshots.

Car of The Day - Volkswagen Scirocco
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Re: SHIFT Car of The Day: VW Scirocco

Post by TRANSFORMER »

To be the honest this must be the Beginner's Car in NFS SH!FT... Wake Me up when there's a REVENTON! :D
gtx_tuner
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gtx_tuner »

cool vinyl work :D
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

agree gtx_tuner it is pretty nice and yeah TRANSFORMER I'd assume that that would be a starter car but what interested me was the billboard "NFS Live". Is this a online feture or something or (as I'm assuming) nothing but a billboard with no assciation to the actual game itself
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

@ Dr Houbenheimer : i think "Need For Speed Live" is just a slogan in Shift !! sry to burst your bubble dude but that's the truth :? !! anw i don't like VW Scirocco !! i'm waiting for something more interesting !! 8) =P~ :wink:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

I really hate the fact that they put all those hatchbacks in the game. I don't like them...

Also, I don't like the fact that they didn't put the '99 Eclipse (Come on, it was in ProStreet! Why couldn't it be in this one too?) or the Supra, two very common tuner cars. The '99 Eclipse is also a great beginner's car... it makes a lot more sense to begin on a used car rather than a brand new one.

But then again, I know that's because of advertisement. I just think it sucks that they have to cut cool fan favorite cars to put those advertisement cars, that don't even look very "racing".

Oh well. At least the game itself looks great. I hope for a better car next "Car of the day".
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean NO ONE likes them, a lot of people like hatchbacks, they are one of the most popular cartypes in Europe.
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

It's all about the hot hatch! I was actually rather dissapointed when I read that the Scirocco would not be released in the US. I had one as a kid and was really looking forward to buying a new one know that I am a bit older. Nothing really cool ever comes to the states (even the GT-R is dumbed down here).
LamborghiniFreak
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LamborghiniFreak »

Looks like a great car to start out in NFS Shift. I can't wait until they show the Reventón, the Gallardo, and, of course, the Murciélago.
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

Looking at the vinyls makes me wonder if they are going to put a proper gradient vinyl the game this time around. The current one is ok, and people can use it well, but it is also rather cheep compared to what is on that VW.
originalracer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by originalracer »

Pictures of an imaginery car, wow, how........ boring.
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

TheStig wrote:Just because you don't like something doesn't mean NO ONE likes them, a lot of people like hatchbacks, they are one of the most popular cartypes in Europe.
I never said anything about anybody else. I just said that I don't like them, and I don't like the fact that they took one of my favorite cars' place in the carlist, the '99 Eclipse.

Also, they're probably so popular in Europe (as well as here in Brazil, for that matter) because they're the cheapest around, I think. Imagine if supercars were the cheapest... Streets full of Bugattis, Ferraris, Lambos, Paganis, Koenigseggs... And probably no speed limits! :lol:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The carlist isn't even official yet so just because it isn't posted there doesn't mean it's 100% sure they won't be in.
peedro
Stock
Stock

Post by peedro »

But the car list is official! It was even on the NFS official site! :o

But I think the Supra will be avaliable as DLC. I don't like it, but I know lots of people do and would probably pay to play with it.
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

originalracer wrote:Pictures of an imaginery car, wow, how........ boring.
What are you talking about?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2009 ... 152781.htm
CodeOfTheRoad
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CodeOfTheRoad »

The car list is probably not offical,because the list has 65 cars,and on at least 2 vids I watched the guy said 80 cars plus dlc packs.
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

CodeOfTheRoad wrote:The car list is probably not offical,because the list has 65 cars,and on at least 2 vids I watched the guy said 80 cars plus dlc packs.
Probably 70-80 was the initial plan, but due to time restraints/technical difficulties/etc. they had to be cut. Personally, I'd wait a few more months if they just added the Supra and the '99 Eclipse...

Let us pray for the DLC.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Woo hoo!!

this is my car in real life, I dont get the anger at hatchbacks. It's a really good car, I'd define it as an improved and maxed out Golf. Very fun to drive, and really sexy in white. (those vinyls are awful)

lolz @ imaginary car, and lolz @ cheap car. A Scirocco is not cheap, and there are some others like Alfa Brera that cost even twice as much...

So what's up? I guess the average nfsunlimited member doesnt drive a Reventon, am i wrong? :lol:

hope to have fun ingame with this one.
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"I do not like hatchbacks, too... small... cheap & boring - not my taste even the Design is good, but =>NO!" :!:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

For some reason I don't like the Scirocco, I did like the original one, and I liked it in pictures but when I seen one in real life it was a disappointment, it looks like a flattend Golf, it just looks way to wide for it's hight, the front is all right and the hight in general is pretty good but it's huge *ss is letting the car down imo.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

I don't like the Scirocco, either. And the irony is that the pictures are from a game. I also agree with PanZero on the sheer retardation to replace the '99 Eclipse and '98 Supra. If the car list that was posted here was official, then those two really need to be DLC.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*

Return to “News”