First Cars

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

First Cars

Post by Kaerar »

Well I went Rotary and got myself the RX-8. Not sure if that was a good idea as with the stock sensitivity and a keyboard it handles like holding a live high tension wire and standing in a puddle. However since I tried a few of the manufacturer's challenges and found that it was the same for all cars I have gone to town with a hatchet for the sensitivity settings and will hopefully be able to give a more worthwhile review when I solve the corner and straight problems...

OK well sensitivity has no effect on keyboards...
Posted a message in Tech Support of the EA forums.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: First Cars

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Hasn't released in Australia yet, what starter cars do you have? I'm gonna get this on PS3 so that I can use my G25, because the G25 isn't compatible with my 360 and my PC probably won't run it very well if at all.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

LOL you get a few poor ones to choose from stats wise. The S2000 is twitchy as all hell apparently, I got the RX-8 but the BMW 135i and the Audi S3 have the best stats of the 40K or less cars.

Still can't play though due to keyboard issues :(
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

I am going to have a Competition on Shift this weekend and unfortunately I am not allowed to use my G25... So I am playing with Keyboard and later I will test Gamepad...

Anyway, I am having no problems... When I had Traction Control Off, the BMW of the 1st Race was close to impossible to control... At the moment I am using a Seat Cupra (which is FWD, dont know if this also makes it easier) and have all Aids Off except for Traction Control which is on Low Setting, and I can drive without any problems... Hope this helps.

PS: De Quality of the Keyboard is important... I am using Microsoft Media Keyboard USB, which always was my prefered Keyboard in NFS Games while I used Keys to play.

Cya!

Rogério
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

I am using a G15 and have never had a problem with it (currently have NFSU, MW, PS and Shift installed and Carbon and Undercover semi-installed). Only in Shift am I having this issue. I have all aids off and low setting too, but it's still crazy reactions to inputs which are clearly designed for analogue controls.

I could always put my old Trust Keyboard back but I doubt that would help.
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

Yes, G15 should work ok... Its strange... Did you choose the Keyboard preset right? (Sorry about the question! :X)

Anyway, maybe having so much NFS games installed is a problem, especially the later ones.

Rogério
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

A couple of pictures of my first car, an MX-5. Really want to own one of these in real life :D
This is currently how it looks, with small nfsunlimited decals on either side. :)

ImageImage
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

VG_Speed wrote:Hi!

Yes, G15 should work ok... Its strange... Did you choose the Keyboard preset right? (Sorry about the question! :X)

Anyway, maybe having so much NFS games installed is a problem, especially the later ones.

Rogério
LOL yeah I set the preset right.

As for all the other games that's a non-issue. I am a system techie and have way too much time to setup my system correctly for gaming. I am one of the few ATi users with no serious issue (and AMD CPU too!). Seeing as I have GRID and Flat Out 2/Carnage working fine (and FO1) as well as all the other NFS's I can guarantee its SHIFT that has the screwed controls as I have no issues with any other game. Oh and I run a customised Keyboard setup so all the keys are as desired :lol:
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

The 135i is tempting...mmm twin-turbo inline-6...I'm glad that you actually get to CHOOSE a starter car rather than just do a race with the 240SX and then a race day to win a car that you're most likely going to sell to buy a better one within the next 5 minutes in ProStreet.
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

I got the 135i and it was awesome! Now I have 3 cars in my garage and all are beamers haha I got the E36 but it wasn't fast enough so I got the E92. Pretty fun game, frustrating as hell tho
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Yeah. I have done some testing with other cars and the controls don't get any better. The S4 understeers off the track all the time, the 350z is broken and just oversteers off the track all the time. The S2000 is better left unspoken. The 135i well is passable but still crap.

However this is with keyboard. It's a whole different ball game with a Pad or wheel.
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

I started out with a Mazda MX-5, then sold that for a BMW M3 E36, and sold that for a Nissan 2000 and Dodge Challenger Concept. The last two I still have in the stable and I love them. Very different to drive but a blast all the same.
webcrtor
Stock
Stock

Post by webcrtor »

I'm currently using the VW Scirocco with stability/brake/steering assists off and I really like it! Also I'm not having framerate issues although I have hd4870, game runs fine
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

I started with the Civic Si, Honda guys like me always start with there fav brand. :P
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

I started with Civic Si, went ahead to get the RX-7 for drift... little did i know they didn't let me use my car... then *without even doing A SINGLE event in tier 2, i unlocked tier 3* and didn't bother getting any car for it neither... and instead got a Skyline GTR for Tier 2 races because the RX-7 is just... too low and stiff and it was impossible to drive on Spa...

then while doing tier 2 events, I unlocked all the rest of the tiers *still didn't do anything outside tier 1 and 2 and invitational yet* and unlocked the World Tour... lol

I then got the Shelby GT500 for the american series... but it's pretty hard to drive, so I sold it and got a Camaro instead... and did 1 race and didn't bother afterwards... then went for european series, and got a BMW E92 M3... done the races, then realized i couldn't do the drift events... so got an E46 M3...

then i sold the Civic for more money, and bought myself a Zonda R... haven't driven it yet though but I've driven the invitational Zonda R vs CCX one =) it's VERY QUICK!

oh i forgot... somewhere in between... i bought a Nissan GTR... tuned it to the max too just before works... but now i kinda regret it, because I'm scared of the works bodykit making it all bouncy... should've went the Spec V way...
miramoz
Stock
Stock

Post by miramoz »

Pick the nissan 370 it goes crazy when u tune it :D
kuroi tsubasa
Stock
Stock

Post by kuroi tsubasa »

I started out with the S2000... was really disappointed with it despite it being my favorite car so I ended up selling that and bought the Corolla instead, which performed so much better from how it drove though the top speed rather low...

Then as soon the next tier opened up I bought a Silvia S15. I wonder how it will look like with the works kit on... hopefully a JGTC look alike.

Currently playing Shift on a Xbox 360, with the standard controller, if anyone is wondering. :wink:
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

miramoz wrote:Pick the nissan 370 it goes crazy when u tune it :D
I don't have the game, but I doubt a car as good as the 370Z would be a starter car...
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

It isn't, just try the 350z or the BMW 135i. Both are broken from the beginning.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I took the S2000 on the PC, then the Civic Si when I got my 360 copy. I was really happy with the S2000, except giving you a bit of attitude if you accelerate to soon in the corner. The Si seemed really bland to me at first, but has become a serious track machine now with ~350hp.

Overall, I'd say stick with the S2000 if you like a lively car. :P
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

From the cars that I've heard ar starter cars, based on personal tastes, I'd choose the S2000, or maybe the 350Z, and then 3rd would have to be the Beamer
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i started with the bmw 135i great car tired it with all assit off -scary- i think its just the game glitch u can never tell from all the problems they having. But i put tc on low and abs on. but other then that i just went bimmer up . E92 was my next car then e46. great rides. First american car was ford gt and first jap car was skyline r34 (that car is confusing cause its right drive hit the wall alot while driving cot pit)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

i started with Honda S2000, it led me through whole Tier1 with the controls weirdly becoming easier and easier as the car was more powerful. just works tuned it, painted it black, put a DRIFTSPEED decal on the hood and NFSCARS.NET on the trunk
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

My first car was the Mazda MX-5, until I got a strange bug in the gears that I thought was the car itself. Changed that out for the Nissan 2000, and then a BMW M3 E36. Have to say, of all those the Nissan has the best noise, but the BMW is the most fun.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

First car was Nissan 200SX. Easy to drive, and fun to drift.

Return to “SHIFT”