First Need for Speed SHIFT Patch Available

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

First Need for Speed SHIFT Patch Available

Post by Bojan »

The first patch for SHIFT is now available which will add LAN play and add greater mouse control to the menus.
You can download it from the official site on in our Utils & Saves section.

Download the patch for SHIFT
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Re: First Need for Speed SHIFT Patch Available

Post by SLJ »

is this for the demo version or the retail version?
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Bit useless, but sure..
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

For the retail version of course.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

For .. mouse control improvement? That's a bit lame actually, didn't even knew the mouse works.
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

Danyutz wrote:For .. mouse control improvement? That's a bit lame actually, didn't even knew the mouse works.
lol? unless they allow us to move the camera to our desire position.....
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

is that the change log?

no fix for crash bug issue?
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^None
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

Yay LAN.

EDIT: Failpatch, still crashing.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

LAN !!!!!! YOUPI :lol: :lol: :P :P !! I've downloaded it now :wink: !!!! Can't wait to try it !!!! =P~ :mrgreen:
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
vtuning
Stock
Stock

Post by vtuning »

what about ps3 patches ? it's buggy too ,but for the PC crash fix is necesary. #-o
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

Excellent... mouse support... it was all I ever needed (/sarcasm). Ok, seriously where is optimisation patch ?
mostwantedforlife
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mostwantedforlife »

yeh really this patch is about as useful as a bag of poo....and im not sure but i noticed that with the patch the track maps dont show up in the event details.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Wow guys, give them some time. The game was released last week. A good patch isn't done in 2 days, you know? First they must check all these forums to see what's going on, then they must start solving things slowly. Fixing a game after its release is a risky thing, so take it easy.

I can understand that some of you really want to play this game and you can't because it has bugs, but what's best: a patch that really fixes things but takes some time, or a patch that is out in 5 days but firetruck up the game even more? :)

As for this one, I won't even bother installing it. My game is fine as it is, I don't care about the mouse at all. And it might firetruck up something else in the game... I don't wanna risk that.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

elie8 wrote:LAN !!!!!! YOUPI :lol: :lol: :P :P !! I've downloaded it now :wink: !!!! Can't wait to try it !!!! =P~ :mrgreen:
FAIL.....as always

Ontopic:
This is useless tbh. Tried it and still has the random freezing during load times, having to close shift via task manager >=/
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Heh good thing to know that nobody even cares about LAN play anymore. At least I won't have to keep mentioning to EA to implement LAN play in future NFS games.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Bojan wrote:Heh good thing to know that nobody even cares about LAN play anymore. At least I won't have to keep mentioning to EA to implement LAN play in future NFS games.
I agree with you there. It's kinda stupid to add something that could have been added in first place and leave the rest there unfixed...and yeah, i give a damn about LAN play now, it's easier to get online and find a game and race.

Another thing is that why they fix zlways online issues first and then the rest (if so) of the game? lol...it's not logic :S
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

@ xturbo : i'm competing in tier 4 events !!!! so it means i'm way over 50% of the game !!!! :wink: it crashed only once !!!! JUST ONCE!!!!
@ Hydro-PT : Your voice of reason convinced me !!!! i didn't install the patch fear of some side effects !!!! :lol: :lol: As u say, the game is fine as it is !!!! :wink: :mrgreen: =P~ :twisted: 8)
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Hydro_PT wrote:Wow guys, give them some time. The game was released last week. A good patch isn't done in 2 days, you know? First they must check all these forums to see what's going on, then they must start solving things slowly. Fixing a game after its release is a risky thing, so take it easy.

I can understand that some of you really want to play this game and you can't because it has bugs, but what's best: a patch that really fixes things but takes some time, or a patch that is out in 5 days but firetruck up the game even more? :)

As for this one, I won't even bother installing it. My game is fine as it is, I don't care about the mouse at all. And it might firetruck up something else in the game... I don't wanna risk that.
EA prejudice and hostility is what be going on here, methinks?

But yeah, QFT.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I don't mind lan... that way I can go private vs. friends over hamachi or play via laptops. 256 kbps really doesn't cut it for online though XD

And about the crash issues and performance issues... not getting them... but I can't really relate with the PC I have. All I know is that it works perfectly with a GTX260 with drivers a few months old.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

@Hydro - as far as I have understood from the ea forums and a decent amount of scouting on the internet, it is a PhysX thing. Basically PhysX is an nVidia developed and owned technology. They offered to share it with ATi and everyone else, but ATi is either too dumb or too proud to take the offer. So, basically, in games that use PhysX, all physics calculations are done on the graphics card, if it is an nVidia graphics card, and on the CPU, if it is an ATi card. Apparently that's what causes the game to lag so much - no odiern processor can pull it all by itself. The physics SHOULD be handled by the graphics card. So, by choosing to use PhysX for their game, SMS basically chose to take a crap on all ATi users. I don't know if this is fixable tbh. If we are to see a fix, it will probably have to come from ATi drivers, as the whole game is written to run with PhysX and that's impossible to undo. Basically what we are faced with is a stupid design decision, which to me does not feel thought through in any way. We are also faced with a graphics' titan's stupidity in not accepting cooperation, really. If they don't come up with a way to integrate PhysX, they might spend resources on developing their own alternative.. and then were does that leave us customers? Developers developing specifically for either nVidia cards or ATi cards?! What, now if I have an ATi card I am open to a range of games and closed to another?! PS3/Xbox kind of situation? That would really suck...
TSX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TSX »

Hydro_PT wrote:Wow guys, give them some time. The game was released last week. A good patch isn't done in 2 days, you know? First they must check all these forums to see what's going on, then they must start solving things slowly. Fixing a game after its release is a risky thing, so take it easy.
Good game cannot be done in less than a year, and instead of making all the trailers, EA should have round up good team of beta testers to eliminate all the foibles. I doubt PC version had any beta testing, just as soon as conversion worked on PC, job done - hurry up with selling it.

Return to “News”