Anyone else have this problem?

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Anyone else have this problem?

Post by gearhead450 »

I've been trying to get this star achievment for the past six hours on Tier 2, and frankly I've about firetruck had it! How in the name of christ on a canoe do they expect to spin four opponents when I'm lucky enough to get one, in a single race. :evil:
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Anyone else have this problem?

Post by zedex »

1: you beat the race regularly, getting pole position... points, you get while doing your normal driving...
2: re-do the race, this time focus on hitting EVERY SINGLE CAR you can touch...

you don't have to do ALL in 1 race...

although... I have yet managed to spin out 4 opponents in any of those races yet, because i never bothered re-doing them... when i get 4-5 stars, i'm happy... *out of 6* and i already have nfs world tour live unlocked... with only tier 1 and 2 and invitational events... haven't even touched tier 3 or 4 at all... so my lack of experience with really fast cars... is hurting me in my attempts to do world tour...

the 1 that i'm having lots of problem... are those SUPER LONG races in SUPER TIGHT tracks that asks you to have a "clean lap" *coughbugattiveyronnurburgringwith16carsrace* ... how on earth is that possible?!? except you driving at an average of 100km/h...
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

Actually, you don't have to place in the podium position to earn the clean lap. Just hang and wait for most of the pack to pull ahead, then... just coast along. :D
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^Always a way to beat the system other than what it was intended ;)
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

gearhead450 wrote:Actually, you don't have to place in the podium position to earn the clean lap. Just hang and wait for most of the pack to pull ahead, then... just coast along. :D
problem is... they HIT you when they try to pass you... so you lose the clean there... i think they're not trying hard enough T.T

and nurburgring's hard enough already to go super-slow...
DMNBT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DMNBT »

@zedex: At the start of the race don't accelerate, only start once everyone has passed you and is a good way away from you. The clean lap only starts to count once you cross the start line.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

DMBT= i never knew that sounds great.

zedex= yah i had that problem where i was trying to play that race and it was just hard enough to controll the car let along trying to race it down the track with a whole years worth of cars they made that year >.>

Return to “SHIFT”