Has EA missed the window?

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Has EA missed the window?

Post by Summ »

The title refers the patch that supposedly should fix all of our problems (bouncy bug, graphical glitches, inherent instability, and so on). I imagine we should call this patch 1,2. Now, I'm asking because the lifespan of most non-mmo games is usually between 1 and 2 months. Solid blockbuster games might last longer and serious disappointments might last less. Given the bumpy release that Shift has had, and given that a month has now passed since release, how many of you are still playing? How many of you are still waiting patiently for EA to release their patch? How many of you still have faith in them releasing a patch? If the patch does indeed get released, will you come back to the game? What if the patch is only released in 2 or 3 months? Would you still check the site and wait for the update?

In other words.. has EA missed their window for fixing their broken game? =)
AERO_HDT
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Has EA missed the window?

Post by AERO_HDT »

Most certainly not. The life of an online racing game is certainly longer than 8 weeks.

Of course EA have nobody to blame but themselves for poor QA, they continue to tarnish their reputation through corporate greed and impossible deadlines. It would appear that they are on a downward spiral, chasing their own tails. The quest for sales and success begins not with time, but with rigorous standards.

It's a shame that they have rushed this game to the market with the view that patches will fix things. Patches will fix things, but the damage I'm afraid has already been done.

I am rather disenchanted at the moment with Electronic Arts because to be quite frank, they are releasing full priced games that are nothing but extensive Betas. I know 100 people who would buy this game but the bugs have warded them off.

Pray tell, why should we continue to pay full price for games that are miles below standard?
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^Agreed. It is however your choice to buy it or not. If you want to make a statement, don't buy it. Buying and later on complaining doesn't make much sense. The damage is done - EA got their money.

As for the life of an online racing game - that depends on the game, or rather the fanbase it attracts. Sim comunities are by definition die-hard. They will keep playing their games for years and years, on- and off-line. The lifespan of an NFS game however.. that's a different thing. NFS has always been a blast, a quick injection of adrenaline that was gone as fast as it came. The same is true for most other games out there.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Still playing...

posted last week on official forum that it would take 4-5 weeks to get the patch out...

and it's "not just fixes" so I wonder what else they got to offer...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

additional colors for cars :lol:

Return to “SHIFT”