SHIFT nominated for Driving game of the year on Spike

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT nominated for Driving game of the year on Spike

Post by Bojan »

Need for Speed SHIFT has been nominated for Best Driving Game of the year on Spike Video Game Awards and will compete for the title against Forza 3, Gran Turismo for PSP and Dirt 2. A large part of the result is determined by user votes, so if you feel SHIFT should win the title, be sure to vote for it.

Spike Video Game Awards 2009
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: SHIFT nominated for Driving game of the year on Spike

Post by ianism »

in my opinion awards like this mean nothing. what matters is what YOU think of the game and whether that makes you buy or play it tons or whatever...
i have nothing more to add
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

ianism wrote:in my opinion awards like this mean nothing. what matters is what YOU think of the game and whether that makes you buy or play it tons or whatever...
But awards like this mean everything. Not only do they bring pride to the desiginer, but provide the customer with an idea of the quality of the game. There are a lot of consumers in the world that don't really stay in touch with all things, and seeing an award is a huge buying point for them. This happens in all industries from automotive, television and movies, and even video games. The awards holds a lot of power over the customer.

Grats to EA on the award regardless.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I agree with ianism here. These awards aren't meaningful for me at all.

Btw, this is a joke, right? SHIFT nominated Best Driving Game of the Year?? Against Forza 3 and DiRT 2? Are these guys nuts? God lol. #-o :mrgreen:

SHIFT's quality is way below F3 or DiRT 2. I won't say the game is bad, but it's far from being Best Driving Game of the Year, especially with such great opponents.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

It's gotta at least beat GT PSP, lol.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

also, there IS a possibility that there was NO other games that were good enough for this nomination.
...one advantage of Shift over Forza?
Shift is on PS3, Xbox 360, PC,PSP , mobile phones(lol) while Forza is only on xbox(i think...)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

If enough players from all systems vote for Shift it got a good chance of winning.

Because it's a multi system game and GT PSP and Forza 3 are only for 1 system, so might have a smaller fanbase then Shift with all systems support.
driverx15
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by driverx15 »

i think you may be right that shift might have the overall best racing game of the year advantage because it is a multi-platform game, but i think if it was an xbox exclusive like forza, if wouldnt have a very good chance of beating forza 3.

Return to “News”