Camcorders/Video Cameras

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Camcorders/Video Cameras

Post by Stereo »

So, I'm getting an HD camcorder soon, Canon Vixia HF S11. Really hyped about it. :mrgreen:

What cameraz do you guyz haz?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Camcorders/Video Cameras

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Get a 7D! :O

I personally believe camcorders are going to be phased out with the advent DSLRs with video capabilities, save for cheaper models, considering you can get a $700 DSLR that records much higher quality video than a camcorder of equal pricing (that's without a lens, admittedly, but still). Not that that has anything to do with your decision, I just though it was something of interest to note. :P

Edit:
Oh, jeez, that's a $1,400 camcorder. :s Get a 7D! D:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Agree. Can't see the point in having two devices when one will do both jobs better. Plus you may get to trade in your old DSLR and make it cheaper again.

(looks like I'm still talking myself into buying a 7D, too :P)
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Since I like to shoot skateboarding videos, you have to get the camera low to the ground, with a giant fisheye. With a DSLR, I wouldn't be able to get it that low to the ground without struggling.

And plus I'm going to go on vacations and such, why would I carry around a giant 7D? First of all people would think it's just a photo camera, nobody really knows that DSLRs can take movies now. Second, I only have a 16GB SD card. a 64GB CF or SD card would cost over $100... Third, weight/convenience. A camcorder is so much easier to carry around.

I mean, if I was shooting a movie/skit/thing, I'd definitely go with the 7D but yeah.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

GT3x24x7 wrote:(looks like I'm still talking myself into buying a 7D, too :P)
YUM!!!!!! :D

Return to “General Discussion”