Gran Turismo 5

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Re: Gran Turismo 5

Post by Zotic+ »

WELL I WANT THE BODYKITS TO ADD DOWNFORCE(sorry for caps) and so when u race ur toyota supra 2 800 hp and racing with all the racecars that it also looks like it has hi operformance like the race cars. basically also to make it look like a racecar.

also i wann see performance parts detailed in company and products of co. ex. like havinf falken for tires only.or hks has turbos and exhaust systems, not everything else like tires, cuz i kno hks doesnt make tires
Instagram @SupraHKS
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

BooM! somethin bout customixation and downforce, interview with kaz http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/857126/g ... wmvhd.html
Instagram @SupraHKS
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

lol... Typical Kazunori answers. But it was still nice for the minor information.

There are also some great pictures of Polyphony's office 8) :

http://www.gtplanet.net/inside-polyphon ... #more-3527

New High-resolution images:

http://www.gtplanet.net/enzo-ferrari-la ... /#comments

And an overview of the interview posted above:

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5- ... /#comments

Zotic+ wrote:somethin bout customixation
Zotic+ wrote: when u race ur toyota supra 2 hi i wann havinf , cuz i kno doesnt
I just also wanted to mention... your typing is giving me a headache. Try posting in English. If you make a mistake like spelling, or capslock... use the 'backspace' button to type it again. Amazing!
NFSUnlimited General Rules wrote:* Post only in english
Posts in any other languages will be deleted. Please also try to keep your language 'correct' - don't revert to 'txt' speech or 'leet' speech, or whatever seems to the be the latest shorthand Internet flavour of the month. We have a lot of members here from all over the world, many of whom don't speak English as their native tongue. Be considerate and make your posts easy to read by all.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

jacoja06 wrote:Are we the only two people still interested in GT5?
Nope, I'm still floating 'round here from time to time. Sister's down from Alice Springs and been on the PS3 and 360 for the past few days. Sucks that the people that were b*tching about damage are the reason why their precious game isn't coming out 'til 2010 now. Could be worse though.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

sorry for typing errors, i was tired,

wonder if there will be interior customization also like in shift
Instagram @SupraHKS
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

That was confirmed ages ago actually. An early preview showed development pictures of a couple of cars in GT5, and one of them was either a Quattroporte or a 3200GT I believe.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

hope the reventon is in there, has to be.

if its in shift then its in gt5 lol
Instagram @SupraHKS
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:That was confirmed ages ago actually. An early preview showed development pictures of a couple of cars in GT5, and one of them was either a Quattroporte or a 3200GT I believe.
Yes, someone taking pictures of the 3200GT engine bay. But it wasn't actually 'Confirmed' confirmed. Don't trust any development photos.
I remember seeing photos of a Ferrari 360 during test sessions for GT4.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Point taken, but still, the fact that Maserati is in GT5 is still a pretty good thing. Here's hoping for the GranCabrio.

http://www.rsportscars.com/maserati/201 ... rancabrio/
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Ooh, yes!

Above all, I'm personally hoping for the Quattroporte. I think my chances are good, considering they included it on the trackside billboard on R246.

Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

my mind is set like this is, if NFS has then GT5 must have. :D
Instagram @SupraHKS
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

For those who haven't been on GTPlanet lately, here's the goss:

- A couple of new cars have been announced: Toyota and Subaru's collaborative project, the Toyota FT-86 Concept (there's a video dedicated to it on GTP), the Dodge Viper ACR (in screens).

- Night racing confirmed (showcased in the aforementioned FT-86 video and confirmed in a recent interview with Yamauchi)

- Customisation is also confirmed - "In the shop there will be many accessories to improve your cars. The master (Yamauchi) was particularly proud of this facet of the game. He commented that we can change almost every imaginable piece of the vehicle, not just the typical sections of the engine, brakes, etc."

- Photo mode from GT4 makes a return, and you can take photos anytime during a race to the resolution of 8 megapixels

- Damage will be to all vehicles as was originally speculated, but also as speculated the racing cars (NASCAR, WRC) will have more detailed damage. Mechanical damage will also be present.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Very good news^^ Especially the photomode feature.

Also, The damage system will be much more detailed:
http://www.gtplanet.net/brand-new-real- ... #more-3911

Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

jacoja06 wrote:Very good news^^ Especially the photomode feature.
Yeah I love taking photos of my car collection. Much like when I unlocked the photo mode in Test Drive Unlimited. Within a half an hour I already had 47 photos taken. I didn't get any racing done, but by god it was fun.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

WOOT! only 3 people interested in GT5. in the pic with the subaru you can see the drivers face, beleive theres another example of head tracking with webcam. there was another vid i found with the toyota subaru car where you could see the drivers face, looked like kaz
Instagram @SupraHKS
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

The head tracking feature will not take photos of your face, and paste them on the in-game driver.
The point of it is to record your head movements, which will be copied to the drivers' head movements:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SDGG9HhbgQ
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

It does look good, only slight disapointment with the damage is that (the way it looks on the pic) the details behind the bumper (mesh) is attachted to the bumber so it will most likely be pretty empty behind it all... so when it bumper falls of it won't be much more detailed then lets say NFS PS or any other game, I was hoping they would detail stuff like the intercooler etc.
but he... PD clearly keeps adding stuff at the last moment.

I still do find it a interesting game, and might be worth getting a PS3 for.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

jacoja06 wrote:The head tracking feature will not take photos of your face, and paste them on the in-game driver.
The point of it is to record your head movements, which will be copied to the drivers' head movements:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SDGG9HhbgQ
so if i move my head all the way to the left how will i tell it works cause i cant sse the screen haha
Instagram @SupraHKS
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Yeah, not sure about that. I guess you'll be able to adjust the strength of the head motion sensor for the game, so that half a turn in reality will be a full turn ingame (Exorcist style!).

@stig: Looks like they have added a bit of detail under the bumper, like the intercooler. PD is real picky about hidden details like that, so I'm sure it'll turn out ok.

Also, this is a real good read for anyone interested in the development side of the game:
http://www.gtplanet.net/yamauchi-interv ... #more-3837
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5s ... m-is-done/

Night racing is (100%) going to be featured in GT5. Weather effects have been complete, but its quality and performance is being questioned. Hopefully it will be implemented!
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

I'll keep posting away too myself. :)

There will be another GT Academy coming soon, with more countries included... such as Australia!
The competition means there will be a downloadable time trial coming in December 17th, which includes the Nissan 370z (two variants) and a brand new track. So I still have a shot at becoming a Professional racing driver. It will never happen in a million years... but it's a nice thought.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/gt-academy/
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

If I remember correctly, the GT Academy was a great succes, was even on TV, don't know who covered it but I think it was Discovery over here.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

i cant wait for the demo the 3l0Z tuned looks beast.

anywayys... who has gt5 prologue i have no friends (more like 2) with that game
Instagram @SupraHKS
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

For those who are unaware... some massive news for GT5 was recently confirmed by the Official Playstation Magazine;
GTPlanet.net

Our own user Digital-Nitrate has discovered an early copy of the February issue of the Official PlayStation Magazine, and it’s got some pretty incredible news! Indy (“IRL”) cars have been confirmed, in addition to “weather effects, as well as night racing for all tracks”! Here’s a nice little summary of everything that’s discussed and confirmed:

* 1,000+ vehicles
* All vehicles have modeled cockpits (170 premium cars will have interior damage modeling)
* All vehicles will have both physical and mechanical damage modeling
* Indy (IRL) cars and tracks
* NASCAR cars and track
* Up to 16 players online
* High-definition video uploads directly to YouTube
* Multi-display rendering
* Head-tracking
* Full weather and night racing on all tracks
* Night/Day on all tracks
http://www.gtplanet.net/night-racing-we ... 00_7232-1/

Also along with a bunch of images from the mag, which include the first Night racing pictures (looks to be the SSR5 track! :D ), and what may be the official boxart.

The thought of being able to take nascars and indy cars to any track on the game, mixed with different class vehicles excites me. Also... full weather and night racing on all tracks! How about Deep Forrest, night, heavy rain in an Australian Muscle car? :D

This game is looking better then I ever imagined.

Return to “The Games”