What's the best Need For Speed?

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.

What's the best Need For Speed ever?

The Need For Speed 1 or 2
3%
Hot Porsuit
3%
High Stakes
17%
Porshe Unleashed
12%
Hot Porsuit 2
7%
Underground
8%
Underground 2
23%
Most Wanted
22%
Carbon
2%
Pro Street
3%

Total votes: 60

Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Re: What's the best Need For Speed?

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

I'd say Underground, it was the beginning of the new era NFS games, but then again Most Wanted's really awesome too.

Wish this was multi-choice.
Unlimited R8
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Unlimited R8 »

prince1142003 wrote:To me, there isn't really one best NFS. There are different NFS games that I consider the best in certain categories. For example, for realism Porsche Unleashed is the best, both in terms of physics and the massive focus on the history of Porsche. For police, I'd have to say Hot Pursuit or Hot Pursuit 2, although Most Wanted was pretty good too. Graphics-wise, ProStreet was the best. For pure fun, I liked Most Wanted the best.

I'm sure people with argue with my opinions. But they're my opinions, and I'm sticking by them.
Gotta agree with him^
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

The greatest Need for Speed game for me would have been either Porsche 2000 or High Stakes. I remembered hiring NFS:HS so much, that it would have been cheaper actually buying the game instead. Great game... my life kinda revolved around it for a bit. :P

I don't remember much of Porsche 2000, but I was also very impressed by it (Especially advancing through time, watching the tracks and cars evolve). :)
gfc_george
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gfc_george »

I really like nfu u2,but again the choice is very dificult...THE problem is that EA try to change every nfs,for example:
Need for Speed Underground come on with the tuning,
Need for Speed Underground 2 come on whit the "FREE RUN MODE"
Need for Speed Most Wanted come on whit the police and exotic cars,like lambo..lotus(cars that in real life you cant have that"S way EA come to this idea)..(i now that hot pursiut 2 has the police but it isn"t had the tuning)
Need for Speed Carbon come on whit the auto sculpt,that was a great idea,you can bassicly do the car of your dreams
Need for Speed Pro Street don"t come whit nothing!!!EA dont has more ideas..and they now that..(thats why theY dont call "CIRCUIT RACES" IN PRO STREET,THE CALL IT GRIP,LOL
Need for Speed Undercover,nothing new to me(only the really expensive cars,like the zonda,mclaren..)
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

make a new high stakes and its just bam best new nfs
Evil Kid Weaselmush
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Evil Kid Weaselmush »

Most Wanted.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Evil Kid Weaselmush wrote:Most Wanted.
Quoted for Awesomeness
12th Cylinder
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 12th Cylinder »

The tuning in Most Wanted really sucked, but storyline-wise it is the best ever.
That's it. I've grown tired of being ignored. I am officially leaving NFSUnlimited.net.
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Mars

Post by TW1ST3R »

i agree

most wanted because of the cop chases

if they made a game like most wanted (undercover does not count nor does carbon) with pink slip races, with underground 2 type tuning, day and night and undercover/prostreet/shift carlist + ferraris it would be the best nfs ever
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

gfc_george wrote:I really like nfu u2,but again the choice is very dificult...THE problem is that EA try to change every nfs,for example:
Need for Speed Underground come on with the tuning,
Need for Speed Underground 2 come on whit the "FREE RUN MODE"
Need for Speed Most Wanted come on whit the police and exotic cars,like lambo..lotus(cars that in real life you cant have that"S way EA come to this idea)..(i now that hot pursiut 2 has the police but it isn"t had the tuning)
Need for Speed Carbon come on whit the auto sculpt,that was a great idea,you can bassicly do the car of your dreams
Need for Speed Pro Street don"t come whit nothing!!!EA dont has more ideas..and they now that..(thats why theY dont call "CIRCUIT RACES" IN PRO STREET,THE CALL IT GRIP,LOL
Need for Speed Undercover,nothing new to me(only the really expensive cars,like the zonda,mclaren..)

I guess I agree with that, every game brought something new to the table, some moreso than others but they still have slowly shaped the franchise to what it is today. For me though, if I had to decide on a personal favourite I'd have to say Underground 2 because it had the most depth. I for one would keep playing to keep unlocking more parts and racing. To today I've completed the game 3 times but now I mainly just play with cars in my cars. Oh and GFC GEORGE I agree with you on the name "grip races" is it that hard to just call it a circuit race because that's what it is!
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Carcrazy wrote:
Quoted for Awesomeness
Quoted for extra Awesomness (sorry for double post it just adds to the awesomness)
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I have to say, the most fun I had was with the first Underground. I thought the graphics were amazing, even with my GeForce 2, where I couldn't have motion blur and all those crazy effects. The game sort of had a storyline to it, which I liked. And most of all, it was the first game where you could customize your cars.

The best gameplay would probably be High Stakes. I played splitscreen with a friend constantly, downloaded tons of custom cars. I still have a folder with all of those. The maps looked great and everything. And the cops were pretty hard to lose, I think.
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:
Carcrazy wrote:
Quoted for Awesomeness
Quoted for extra Awesomness (sorry for double post it just adds to the awesomness)
Quoted for epic awesomenessnesss ( I've replayed it several times, smashing cop cars don't get old)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Stereo wrote:The best gameplay would probably be High Stakes. I played splitscreen with a friend constantly, downloaded tons of custom cars. I still have a folder with all of those. The maps looked great and everything. And the cops were pretty hard to lose, I think.
That's mostly because there're barely any hiding spots. Plus, no free roam environment too! Alas (or not), they're always on our tail. It's still fun to be chased around though.. :)
Sir Tristan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sir Tristan »

My personal ranking

1.NFS4&NFS3 (combined) - because of their epic awesomness never seen again in a racing game, outshining anything out there, showcases, oldschoolness, the lot
2.NFS5 - because seldom is a game so refined, cared for in every single aspect, perfect in every way from menus, through modes, driving/damage model, right up to extras and making me an actual Porsche fan
3.NFS6 - because of carrying on the legacy of classic NFS franchise into the 21st century. Loved the class system, some obvious flaws, but yeah. there we go.
4.NFS7 - for saving some of classic NFS things and just putting them into a whole different climate, for having a truly UNDERGROUND climate, this atmosphere of a community (hand-tuned opponents, nice storyline) - loved it, it's a completely FLAWLESS racing game and a NFS made importish.
5.NFS12 - Undercover... why so high up? hand-tuned opponents made this game have a proper community of varied racers from import tuners up to rich men/women with supercars, all tastefully tuned. Didn't have anything against the storyline OR driving model. I lmao'd at the optimalization, cos I played it on a moster PC. It's high in my ranking JUST for this spec of epic awesomness of the first NFS - it's got areas of "Rocky Pass", "Atlantica", "Dolphin Cove" quality in its map, and miles of highways. Contrast between undercover cop's job (taking out badguys) and his free time (racing rich supercar owners) was cool.
6.NFS9/NFS10 - why so low? because it was very far from NFS. MW was a very good racing action game but not an NFS. Random-tuned rival cars and hateful catch-up problems. Carbon had a SERIOUSLY messed up class/tier shiznit system, while MW had stock Punto vs hyperriced Carrera GT type races. THE nail in the coffin.
7.NFS8 - for being a rice-heaven. The racing was too overt for the game to lack police force, random messed up opponents and complete tarnishing of UG1's atmosphere of UNDERGROUND by putting in too powerful Mustangs and GTOs, Blingmobiles for pimps, and cars that shouldn't be in the game: Peugeot 106 - way too small and weak, Corolla AE86 - cos it doesnt go with other newer cars. The furthest from NFS that any racing game ever got. Too much emphasis on custmization rather than racing. Crap storyline. Epic racing/tuning game, crap NFS.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

The best NFS games to "waste" time in for me is a toss up of Underground and U2. I really enjoyed the multiplayer lag garbage known as Carbon, had alot of fun racing with friends online.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Cpt.Razkit wrote:The best NFS games to "waste" time in for me is a toss up of Underground and U2. I really enjoyed the multiplayer lag garbage known as Carbon, had alot of fun racing with friends online.
It's still playable online now.. I'm still playing it, actually. Haha! Hook me up if you're free to race. :)
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Hot Pursuit top-class circuits and car selection, funny cop mode, actually a great game for 1998.

Porsche Unleashed was the best simulator, and got the best car progression through getting deeper in the career mode. I mean, no God-car from the beggining... but tasting slowly each unique car.

Hot Pursuit 2 was the greatest jump in terms of graphics, from previous game. Beautiful cars and tracks around the world.

Underground 2 introduced the high quality sounds that we still enjoy on newer series.

Most wanted got the best police, although it became easy once you played some hours.
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
joneray
Stock
Stock

Post by joneray »

I like to playing NFS Most Wanted. The game just keeps getting better. I must say, however, I don't actually play that much overall. Less then 5-6 hours a week . Can't wait for classes to be over in a few weeks. I think it is a fabulous game. Every one should play this game.
moderator note: signature removed

Return to “General Discussion”