Mass Effect 2

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Mass Effect 2

Post by Porsche-AG »

Chat it up about BioWare's latest masterpiece that has recieved universal acclaim (currently rated 2nd best Xbox 360 game to date).
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Bojan »

Still waiting for the limited edition for the 360 to arrive by snail mail :P
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I didn't even know there was a limited edition, what does it come with?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Ah sorry, "collectors edition": http://masseffect.bioware.com/info/collectors/
Still hasn't arrived yet :(
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Oh I see. I'm hoping you've got it by now, I think I'm about halfway through the game and I'm loving the conversations!
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I've done my first playthrough and the savegame info says I ended at around 33h. I gotta say it was amazing, but not sure if it's better than the first. Sure the combat is more fluid and the annoying mako missions are gone, but on the other hand, there aren't any interesting sidequests really (since the companion quests count as main missions now). I'd have wanted more of that as the whole universe is really greatly thought of.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Excellent game. I'm about to enter the Omega Relay so I guess I'm nearing the end. More streamlined than the first ME (or any other crpg for that matter) but it most definetely doesn't make it bad game. Quite the opposite actually.

Superb cinematic storyline (though filled with scifi cliché, but hey...IT IS scifi), fluid combat and has done away with lot of the usual rpg stupidities (for example, the bottomless inventory which really kills any "realism", in ME2 there is no inventory at all).
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

I finished it yesterday, it is a really great game. I love almost everything from the gameplay to storyline. I especially liked the relationship thing :). I just don't like that girls don't have big breasts, but anyway you can get a hot Shepard, the Asari are hot and Miranda is hot too :)
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Pity the Shooter element is too simplistic and not fluid like a proper FPS. The smart button (space on the PC) just doesn't work as well as they think. I'd much prefer to be able to crouch and jump properly rather than have the game do it for me.

Story was ok but suffered from being the prequel to a sequel and being a sequel at the same time. You know it doesn't really matter what happens as it'll set you up for the 3rd and final game.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

XCROSSX - Is that what you judge the quality of a game by? :lol:
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

well... this is an important feature! :lol:
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Go play Dragon age with the Natural Bodies mod using the Female XX model...
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I simply love this game! got the collectors edition for PC! Well I am on my fifth play through :D I have to agree with bojan though the side quests are pretty dull! some only last like 20 seconds if that much, some how the game seems much shorter than the first game because of this! I easily finished the game with a empty journal, something I could not do in the first game!

EDIT: Thought you guys would be interested in this article "Making of Mass Effect"
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-making- ... 4473989090

EDIT:2 New DLC announced! its called Overlord. More details at masseffect.com
I have to say they are really giving us a lot of DLC. Hope this is better than the firewalker DLC.
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

Mass Effect 2 is a great game but i'm start to get bored now. I've been playing it since the first day till now. Finish the game 9 times already.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
veronicaZora
Stock
Stock

Post by veronicaZora »

I appreciated Mass Effect 2. I've also played Mass Effect. But second is better than first. Mass Effect 2 increases on many areas of its predecessor, which is no mean accomplishment. The majority of the storyline is enjoyable and continues on from where Mass Effect left off, but it starts off poorly and in an almost avoidable way.

Return to “The Games”