Ferrari Racing Pack Announced for NFS SHIFT!

Need for Speed SHIFT News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Ferrari Racing Pack Announced for NFS SHIFT!

Post by Hydro_PT »

Bojan wrote:Don't get me wrong, I would be happier if it were available on all systems, but knowing a bit about the background of it simply makes me happy that at least the 360 system got it. I was surprised though that it isn't available for the PC.
;)

By the way, I hope my first post to you didn't sound too harsh. I should have put some smiley in there...

Well, SHIFT isn't a Games for Windows title, so that make things harder I guess. I noticed that games that are labelled GFW (and especially the LIVE ones) have much more support from Microsoft, especially when it comes to extra content.

Microsoft "owns" a big part of PC gaming, that's the truth, and while they want to improve their Games for Windows titles and have more people buying those games, they surely prefer the Xbox 360 when it comes to good sales and exclusive extra content. Piracy is the biggest problem in PC gaming, and it's way better for them to release exclusive content for the console than for the PC. Even if it's just a temporary exclusive, like we recently had with GTA: Episodes From Liberty City. The exclusivity (temporary or not) will boost their sales and leave the competition "behind".

The PS3 belongs to Sony, so things are even more complicated. Microsoft surely doesn't want to let Sony sell well or gain exclusives for the PS3. I'm surprised EFLC, for example, came to the PS3 but I guess that it was because of Rockstar Games, who at least try to give everyone the same content.

@ElvenAvenger: What have trainers, hex editors and moding to do with releasing games for the PC? I mean, if you buy the game, you can do whatever you want with it. I know that when it has an online mode there's always the problem of hacking, but that can happen on the 360 too. And most times, believe it or not, developers use the ideas of moders for the next game in the series, you know? Or they even buy the mod itself and start commercializing it (Counter Strike aynyone?). And of course there are producers who give moders all the tools needed for them to develop new stuff. It's a smart move IMO, you get tons of people to work on your game for free and come with brilliant ideas. CryEngine 2 SDK or Source's SDK are good examples.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Wait! no PC version!?
OldSchoolRacer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OldSchoolRacer »

:shock: 360 only wtf!! :x the pack should have been for every system, and it should have been free. if PD can offer 1000+ cars in gt5 for the same price as other games, then im sure ea can give a few hundred for free, especially since they are such a big company. milking the consumer once again!!
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:
Bojan wrote:Don't get me wrong, I would be happier if it were available on all systems, but knowing a bit about the background of it simply makes me happy that at least the 360 system got it. I was surprised though that it isn't available for the PC.
;)

By the way, I hope my first post to you didn't sound too harsh. I should have put some smiley in there...

Well, SHIFT isn't a Games for Windows title, so that make things harder I guess. I noticed that games that are labelled GFW (and especially the LIVE ones) have much more support from Microsoft, especially when it comes to extra content.

Microsoft "owns" a big part of PC gaming, that's the truth, and while they want to improve their Games for Windows titles and have more people buying those games, they surely prefer the Xbox 360 when it comes to good sales and exclusive extra content. Piracy is the biggest problem in PC gaming, and it's way better for them to release exclusive content for the console than for the PC. Even if it's just a temporary exclusive, like we recently had with GTA: Episodes From Liberty City. The exclusivity (temporary or not) will boost their sales and leave the competition "behind".

The PS3 belongs to Sony, so things are even more complicated. Microsoft surely doesn't want to let Sony sell well or gain exclusives for the PS3. I'm surprised EFLC, for example, came to the PS3 but I guess that it was because of Rockstar Games, who at least try to give everyone the same content.

@ElvenAvenger: What have trainers, hex editors and moding to do with releasing games for the PC? I mean, if you buy the game, you can do whatever you want with it. I know that when it has an online mode there's always the problem of hacking, but that can happen on the 360 too. And most times, believe it or not, developers use the ideas of moders for the next game in the series, you know? Or they even buy the mod itself and start commercializing it (Counter Strike aynyone?). And of course there are producers who give moders all the tools needed for them to develop new stuff. It's a smart move IMO, you get tons of people to work on your game for free and come with brilliant ideas. CryEngine 2 SDK or Source's SDK are good examples.
i mean, if the cars are in the game, you can access them without paying. on consoles you cant(atleast not a way i know of)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

The cars are not in the game. Unlike previous NFS, like ProStreet, you can't use the "unfinished" cars that EA has left as junk on the game's folder. I know that there are folders in SHIFT with some of these Ferraris, but they just have some basic performance and sounds, no models at all. ;)
Chikaraa
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Chikaraa »

Lol what... 360 only... is this EA's pathetic attempt at trying to win players back from FM3 on the X360 side...
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Bojan wrote:So now there's Ferraris in NFS and once again you aren't happy...
Goes to show that you can't please anyone worth a damn nowadays.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

there are more pc and ps3 shift players put together than 360 shift players bythemselves
Instagram @SupraHKS
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

READ THE LAST SENTENSE OF THE ARTICLE http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62280 its coming to other platforms later

WE FREAKED OUT FOR NOTHING
Instagram @SupraHKS
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

That info is wrong. I've read this on lots of other sites and they all say that the DLC is coming on 16th February for the Xbox 360 only. Nobody says anything about coming to other platforms later, nor that it's going to be available today on Xbox LIVE.

Next time check your sources more carefully. Even though I would love to have this DLC, so far it's exclusive. If it's going to stay like that or not... only time will tell. ;)
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Hydro_PT wrote:That info is wrong. I've read this on lots of other sites and they all say that the DLC is coming on 16th February for the Xbox 360 only. Nobody says anything about coming to other platforms later, nor that it's going to be available today on Xbox LIVE.

Next time check your sources more carefully. Even though I would love to have this DLC, so far it's exclusive. If it's going to stay like that or not... only time will tell. ;)
"Need for Speed SHIFT's Ferrari DLC is available today, exclusively on Xbox LIVE for 800 Microsoft Points ($10), with all other platforms receiving the download pack on February 16."

is that not correct then?
Instagram @SupraHKS
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:
Word.

This is probably easier to say when you have the game for 360, but what a great move by EA. Excellent way to keep people playing Shift (not to mention the $10 they'll pay for virtual Ferraris). It is a bummer that the DLC wasn't released for the other consoles, but don't you think EA would if they could? The blame-game most of you are playing seems a bit unjustified.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Zero260 wrote:
KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:
Word.

This is probably easier to say when you have the game for 360, but what a great move by EA. Excellent way to keep people playing Shift (not to mention the $10 they'll pay for virtual Ferraris). It is a bummer that the DLC wasn't released for the other consoles, but don't you think EA would if they could? The blame-game most of you are playing seems a bit unjustified.
Again, the blame-game gives off a perfect example of fans who won't accept ANYTHING. EA returns the fancy luxury and supercars in MW, someone cries. They introduce classic muscle in Carbon, more crying. ProStreet revolves around track racing, more crying despite the fact that the original NFS was based on that same concept. Undercover returns to the formula MW had although somewhat lacking in some aspects, more crying. SHIFT becomes a hardcore simulator, STILL more crying. And now that EA has bent over so far backwards they can literally touch the tip of their Johnsons with their noses to give you fools Ferraris (which I'm not too keen on to be perfectly honest) and you STILL have something to booboo about because it won't go to all platforms? MEGA FACEPALM, YOU FAIL, GTFO MAH INTERNETS.

Tell you what, let's say EA makes something along the lines of F-Zero with only futuristic hovercrafts. No imports, no domestics, no supercars, none of that. Let's see who sticks around the the NFS after, because it will show who the REAL fans are. Real fans don't care about trivial crap such as the car list (although I admit I used to think that way), they just want a decent Need for Speed game.

That said, I may (or may not) get this pack. It depends whether or not I get a new rig my mom said I might get.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
good point it doesnt matter what cars your driving, its for the nfs expierience.

Now if it were a driving simulator like GT5(dont really count shift super realistic on the physics side) then car list would be a major factor
Instagram @SupraHKS
Ant-artistik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Ant-artistik »

I agree with UltimateGTR. I wouldn't spend any money trying to buy a 360 just to get the DLC. If it's only exclusive for the 360, then I consider EA not being a fair game development company. Although I understand the licensing situation, I wish there was someway EA could work things out to allow the DLC to be released for all platforms. I got to say EA is falling behind. If the next few NFS titles continue going downhill, Rockstar will take advantage and outshine them with future Midnight Club titles. For once I thought they were going to make a comeback but I guess I was wrong.
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

critisicism everywhere!!!

this DLC has been critisised here as well as on the official site as well.

pc users like me need to know this -
the ferrari cars are already in shift pc version. see the CARS folder in the installation. you'll find em. all we need now is to unlock them. just as in prostreet. plz wait people. ea will give us pc users the ferraries also. afterall, a large no. of players play on the pc. ea wont risk making them angry. would they?
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

I have to agree with Bojan and reputated. Although it is a bummer that EA is making the DLC console exclusive, we should at least be glad they've actually introduced Ferraris for the first time in over 7 years.

And they should release the DLC for PC too. For example, some of the Burnout Paradise DLCs were released for PC later than PS3 and 360.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:The cars are not in the game. Unlike previous NFS, like ProStreet, you can't use the "unfinished" cars that EA has left as junk on the game's folder. I know that there are folders in SHIFT with some of these Ferraris, but they just have some basic performance and sounds, no models at all. ;)
if they release DLC, then if they dont want community to split up (those who bought and those who didnt) they have to include the cars in the patch, or else you arent able to play with someone who is using a ferrari at the moment if you dont buy the pack. so if they include them in the patch that everyone installs, they are in the game's files then, and you can use a hex editor to somehow get them.
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:I have to agree with Bojan and reputated. Although it is a bummer that EA is making the DLC console exclusive, we should at least be glad they've actually introduced Ferraris for the first time in over 7 years.

And they should release the DLC for PC too. For example, some of the Burnout Paradise DLCs were released for PC later than PS3 and 360.

I agree that we should be happy that Ferraris are back. And I'm sure that they will release it for other systems too($$$$$). But , please do not use Criterion as an example of a company who satisfies its customers, as far as DLC is concerned. They haven't release the Police one and of course the Island, which is horrible!!! It was the most anticipated DLC by all users!
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

kostis1993 wrote:
Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:I have to agree with Bojan and reputated. Although it is a bummer that EA is making the DLC console exclusive, we should at least be glad they've actually introduced Ferraris for the first time in over 7 years.

I agree that we should be happy that Ferraris are back. And I'm sure that they will release it for other systems too($$$$$). But , please do not use Criterion as an example of a company who satisfies its customers, as far as DLC is concerned. They haven't release the Police one and of course the Island, which is horrible!!! It was the most anticipated DLC by all users!
that was probably because stupid people with their get anywhere trainers , so they could:
become invincible and win any cops game
or fly to the island without paying...or just because EA thought it would not get them enough money. whatever happened, the fact is the DLC was not released, and will never be unless modders make it by themselves <not going to happen either>
nes4day
Ricer
Ricer

Post by nes4day »

"Need for Speed SHIFT's Ferrari DLC is available today, exclusively on Xbox LIVE for 800 Microsoft Points ($10), with all other platforms receiving the download pack on February 16." - Shakernews

I'm posting this again for anyone who want to complain and have not read the previous post.
Now, with the Ferrari's finally arrived, do we agree that EA should make a Super Car DLC, which includes some very exotic cars that were introduced just before and after the game's release like the
-Lamborghini LP-670-4 SV
-Aston Martin One-77
-Maserati GranTurisom
And Possibly More GT-1/2/3 Boys like
-Lamborghini R-SV
-Lamborghini R-GT
etc. so we can have a full on GT race, so any thoughts?
BTW, I really wanted to see the 438 Italia in this Pack, that's a true beauty
(Hope this post wasn't to off-topic)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

That information is wrong. Really, you guys should check your information more carefully. Pretty much all gaming sites out there say that this DLC is exclusive to the Xbox 360, yet you believe in one or two sites that have incorrect information. I hope the official press release is enough for you:

"Feb 08, 2010
Ferrari Racing Pack Features 10 Glorious New Cars and Extended Career Mode Available Exclusively on the Xbox 360

EA today announced that, after a seven year hiatus, the venerable automaker and elite racing brand Ferrari is returning to Need for Speed. On February 16th, players of Need for Speed SHIFT will be able to download a content pack that delivers 10 extraordinary Ferrari cars including the 430 Scuderia and the ultra-rare FXX and F50 GT. Now, Need for Speed SHIFT players will feel the rush of being in the driver's seat, realizing the true driver's experience of being behind the wheel of a Ferrari car.

The Ferrari Racing pack is the latest downloadable content for Need for Speed SHIFT and will be available worldwide today exclusively on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system for $10.00 or 800 Microsoft Points (Need for Speed SHIFT and Xbox LIVE account required)."

@KammyworldRacerGT4: There's always people out there ready to complain. You can give them the best game in the world, they will always find something to complain about. That's not something new. Anyway, I couldn't agree less with you on this: "Real fans don't care about trivial crap such as the car list (although I admit I used to think that way), they just want a decent Need for Speed game."

A real fan always wants the best. A true fan does not support bad games, even if they are games from their favourite series. I'm a fan of NFS (I've been since 2000) but as a fan I do not accept crappy games like Undercover for example. The real fan will show his support for the game if it's good. If it's bad, he must criticize, otherwise they will just keep doing worse and worse. That's one of the problems with this franchise, no matter how bad a NFS game is, there will always be lots of people buying it. Of course it's not something like the car list that will make a game good or bad, but people are not complaining about that. They're complaining about the fact that we won't get the Ferraris, only the 360 will get. And why? That's all I want. SHIFT is a good game, they are trying to make it better, that's nice. But make it better for all at least.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i was talking to them on facebook and got this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onlyali/nfs.jpg

sorry guys i was running late to work so i just posted and ran out the door and i didnt preview :mrgreen: #-o

Official Need for Speed The reasoning is like Justin said - there are licensing issues that are beyond our control. We would've loved to bring the Ferraris to everyone, but that was simply not the case this time around. We're hoping this is a step in the right direction though and that we can ultimately bring Ferraris back to everyone in future games, but this was all we could do this time around.

We do have something coming in March, but what just said is slightly untrue in that it's not going to be for PC, but it will be for PS3 and Xbox.

I'm sorry you're upset. As I said, I really wish we could've brought this to every console, but it just wasn't the case. We took the opportunity that we were presented with.

^MCU
Last edited by arabnight on 12 Feb 2010, 03:38, edited 1 time in total.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I can't read lol. Care to post a bigger image? :P

EDIT: Nevermind, I went to their Facebook page and took a look. And what I saw didn't bring me happiness at all. It just pissed me off even more.
Justin Moore wrote:they have something planned for all systems in march so i am curious to know what that is
Official Need for Speed wrote:We do have something coming in March, but what just said is slightly untrue in that it's not going to be for PC, but it will be for PS3 and Xbox.
Amazing! Thank you EA. =D> =D>
Jinix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jinix »

Hydro_PT wrote:I can't read lol. Care to post a bigger image? :P

EDIT: Nevermind, I went to their Facebook page and took a look. And what I saw didn't bring me happiness at all. It just pissed me off even more.
Justin Moore wrote:they have something planned for all systems in march so i am curious to know what that is
Official Need for Speed wrote:We do have something coming in March, but what just said is slightly untrue in that it's not going to be for PC, but it will be for PS3 and Xbox.
Amazing! Thank you EA. =D> =D>
well i can understand the way EA is acting up to a point

however you are fogething one itty bitty bit of information, the PC is getting an Exclusive that PS3 and 360 will just envy, ohhhh something called Need For Speed: World Online

EA has not forgoten about us, you just forgot about EA....

Return to “News”