Is It Coming To PC Or Not?

2010 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Is It Coming To PC Or Not?

Post by kostis1993 »

So, OK the game looks amazing but unfortunatelly, we are not sure if they are releasing it for PC yet. Let's see the clues we have...

WHY THEY ARE NOT WILLING TO RELEASE IT ON PC:
1)PC will have an exclusive game, World, which is a MMO, so in my opinion, it should not be mentioned as an official NFS series member but whatever...
2)Criterion Games Site only mentions the PS3 And X360 Versions
3)Criterion Games is generally a console related company and has released only one game for the PC:Burnout Paradise, which was not properly supported(no patch, no DLCs)

WHY THEY ARE:
1)Although not supported,Burnout Paradise was a PC game, so the company has the experience on how to make a good port.
2)I think a lot of fans will buy the game and not pirate it(game companies' biggest fear), because it will simply be Hot Pursuit! :D
3)Gamespot, Amazon, Wikipedia and of course NFS Unlimited mention that there will be a PC version.
4)Don't forget that some companies do not talk about PC versions much, but that doesn't mean they don't exist! For example, all Split Second trailers mentioned:Coming 2010 for PS3 and X360. But, as most of you know, there is a PC version. Crappy port, I have to admit, but it exists!! What is more, Activision didn't say a word about a PC Version of Blur, but finally released it while no one was expecting it(not sure about this as I rrad it somewhere else though)!

CONCLUSION: I'm still not sure! Maybe the best thought is they are planning to release a PC version but 6-8 months later, like they did with Burnout Paradise! People will have been bored with World by then...

What do you think?
Last edited by kostis1993 on 15 Jun 2010, 13:19, edited 2 times in total.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Is It Coming To PC Or Not?

Post by Bojan »

PC version IS coming. In fact you can already preorder it: http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/pre-order
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

So pretty much u answered your question, our question :)

IMO they would loose some customers if they wouldn't release this for PC.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

As long as it stays this way, this will be the first NFS game I purchased since HP2. Im excited! :P
korge

Return to “Hot Pursuit”