World's new ideas.

2010 Need for Speed World
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: World's new ideas.

Post by RBA »

Handle worst? Not really sure about that. If you know how to use the handbrake with ur Muscle, then, they're quite the cars to beat. In Carbon, I used the Muscle and I thought they had the upperhand over Exotics... Just a matter of knowing how your car will react to the "orders" you give it. Then again, in Undercover... Well, Undercover suck anyway...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Well, from what i've seen, some cars were ruined and some cars were improved a lot on V4>V5 patch, so....we know that they CAN change cars performance. Here's hoping they will and do some serious improvements to every car excluding Silvia/Elise/M3
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Futile, Elven.

Because somewhere along the way, those driving the driving the Silvia/Elise/M3 will notice the buffing and demand BlackBox treat the same cars fairly. Thus, business as usual.

First, let's get the R35 buffed. It should be able to beat the other T3 cars with ease and AT LEAST be able to match the M3.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I guess they can do 2 things: Turn a car into a boat (Audi R8 V4>V5 changes) or into a Bugatti Veyron with Go-kart handling (exagerrating here, but its RX-7 from V4 to V5 for example)

Honestly? I'd prefer the R35 to be the second type. Its more likely to do this in real life than understeer into the wall at 100 km/h on such a wide road we get most of time.

Actually, all cars should feel like this. Due to the fact that a lot is based on handling right now(Silvia is just a go-kart, low top speed unless given top speed parts...just that it accelerates as if it weighed 100 lbs) Every car should, more or less, behave like a go-kart to be fair with everyone. They did it with Undercover but that was over exagerrating that idea and making them take 90 degree turns at 350 km/h or something like that.

Heavy cars cant do anything in races there, and for pursuits you can use about anything because as long as its you hitting them, you are fine.

The R35 should be Silvia/Elise of Tier 3. Godly handling, great acceleration, and a slightly lower top speed.

I hope one day the GT-R will be competetive. I don't want to wait for SpecV to arrive, because that will be most likely in a year for "rental only", then 2 months later ultra expensive speedboost only permanent version, and then several months later its released for in-game cash with a price tag of 800.000$ or worse.

I feel sorry for those who waited for M3 E92 and 135i to become permanent :(
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

There have always been dominant cars in every NFS game, and also most racing games, so why should NFS World be any different. For example, in Underground 2, the Corolla, a starter car, is the dominant grip car, holding the top 50 time at every circuit, sprint, streetx, and url event at u2.wrecords.com. Players may not have liked the choice of making the Corolla the fastest car, but they didn't complain that much and simply used it. For the PC version of Undercover, players use a savegame editor to unlock the CCX and add ultimate parts, which makes it the dominant car in UC, and it's not really a big issue. For NFS Shift, the dominant cars are the Murcielago and the Zonda R. For NFS World you have 3 dominant cars, Silvia, Elise, M3 GTR. With only 3 free car slots, that's enough. I'm not sure if or when tier 4 cars like the Zonda will be added.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Still though, with an MMO, you'd want a bit more balance. Cars can all be unique, but it kinda ruins the point of having the other cars if certain cars are so dominant.

If there were more race modes in World then a good thing to do is have certain cars more adapt to different modes, so that overall there's not one dominant car, but some cars are better than others depending on the race type.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Still though, with an MMO.
The issue here is that NFS World is an online racing game, not an MMO. Other than mario kart like powerups, NFS World is not significantly different than any other racing game with a multi-player feature. The main difference is the poor quality of NFS World, such as its dumbed down physics, and severe synchronization bugs since version 5, and EA's focus on selling boost by such tactics as changing the game to increase usage of powerups (such as version 5's pursuits), and increasing the amount of content that is available through boost only, such as the 3 free car slot limit, the removal of powerups from lucky draw except for nitrous and the performance parts change. Pro performance parts do not appear in lucky draw cards and they are rare even when boost is used in futile attempt to obtain them. Since version 5.03, players are reporting about one pro part per 12 silver card packs, that's over $40 per pro part.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

This is wrong because World is focused on online playing, why do they bother adding new cars. The 3 God cars will be better anyway, no point really. Once you buy those 3 cars, you don't need to get cash for anything.

And in every other NFS game, prices for those cars were...umm....yes, reasonable.

And not like 400.000$ for Lotus Elise. FFS its not even the 111r.

400.000$ for Supra? Who would give you that in real world? It would have to be made of gold or something.

and 600.000$ for GT-R? Not sure if im right but that car is supposed to be a really cheap car(compared to other exotics) and have their performance, in World we get EXACTLY the opposite. shiznit performance and huge price.

Only M3 has its dominance justified by price and that it needs a lot NOS.

Other cars are just simply what they are, god cars. You just cant go wrong with them.

If they dont plan to do anything to existing cars performance, they can just stop adding new cars, because i wont care. Unless they get some even more ridiculous god car in there, then i will whine like there was no tommorow.

Anyway, im off to play Most Wanted where car prices are made so that you can buy the car, not count zero's until you are old.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

ElvenAvenger wrote:This is wrong because World is focused on online playing
The game is online only, but it has pursuits and single player races, which are essentially "offline" activities except for post event scoring and rewards, not that much different than NFS games that tracks stats for single player modes.
Why do they bother adding new cars?
Don't know. Since the trend in NFS games is to only have a few dominant cars, the rest are just collector cars to look at.
Once you buy those 3 cars, you don't need to get cash for anything.
Tier 4 cars, like the Zonda were announced long ago in an early Ask Marc episode, but I haven't heard about the Zonda since.
And in every other NFS game, prices for those cars were...umm....yes, reasonable.
The amount of time to level up and buy cars in NFS World is extremely excessive. Perhaps at one time EA might have thought it would help sell boost via the cash and rep amplifiers, but most players aren't using them, despite the boost reduction from 1500 to 400.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Sort of agree with the Tier 4 idea, though i just can't imagine this happening before 2012.

Not sure but Corvette, R8 etc were there already on launch, so since then they have added....6 cars, and 4 of them are boost only, and even then, in all seriousness, only the R34 has somewhat decent, competetive performance, and the remaining cars that are available for in game cash are very expensive, and not too good.
Its probably just me, but they shouldn't have made dominant cars appear so fast.
Not even 2 *different* game modes available, sprint and circuit is essentially same thing except circuits can get extra long with one more lap powerup spammer people who insist on racing that third lap on 8th place.

I don't know what sick plan is this, but we aren't seeing a carlist bigger than 40 cars until 2012, unless they do a really huge patch right before TDU2 is released (due to people mentioning it a lot on World forums, i guess that it could be the main place everyone will go if no one does anything constructive with World)

On a side note, i wonder if they are going to do anything at all....seeing as they are advertising World in many places, they don't plan on abandoning it anytime soon...?
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Which lead to what I said a long time ago(and maybe not in this thread), since they couldn't make money, forcing people buying theirs starter pack, they'll let World die slowly. They know that getting Shift2 and Hotpursuit make people play less World and they're hoping that those two game will burry World in the mind of people. Then they'll just have to pull the plug telling the remaining players that there aren't enough players to keep up servers for the game. World was supposed to be a gift to thanks the faithful payers -err, players from buying NFS games... World is just showing us how much EA cares about us...
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bejzik »

@ RBA I hope You are wrong about this (my heart that is) but my mind says You are right. The EA and Blackbox have to really roll up their sleevs starting yesterday if they want to keep the new players in game and not to mention bug fixing and adding new stuff like team pursuit,group entrance in lobby, seeing Your friends on the map, full inventory management, rewards diversity (not only nos,rep or cash-or not leave them all out), drag, cop career mode, drift, cars, vynils, game crashing, 2 more free car slots.

I really enjoy playing NFSW with all difficulites present but it saddens me when I see the course of action taken. For example the ultraquick bug fix for Snowflake beacuse it is for speedboost only. And not to mention 40 money for pro part? Are you kiddin me?

We hope for better times to come in the World, but now I understaind the nostalgia of beta testers ( I joined early november or so) level 10 caps limited map but not as nearly bugs as in open game.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

I have to agree with all of you for the car prices. They are just ridiculous. In the end all it does is add in another thing to just grind endlessly for along with levelling up.

It could be that EA thought that it (the game) would be too easy if car prices were like previous offline NFS games so they just increased the prices.
ElvenAvenger wrote:I don't know what sick plan is this, but we aren't seeing a carlist bigger than 40 cars until 2012, unless they do a really huge patch right before TDU2 is released (due to people mentioning it a lot on World forums, i guess that it could be the main place everyone will go if no one does anything constructive with World)
Why TDU2? I know that it is close to release but didn't World lose some players when Hot Pursuit was released?

Imagine how it would turn out that they announce that they are going to stop updating World on the day TDU2 releases and then the next day the biggest update yet for World is released.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

The only reasonable prices are up to level 10, where cars cost 60k. 60k For a RX-7 sounds somewhat reasonable, not that way over the top.

But 400.000$ for a Supra, Elise...
A bit too expensive imo.

Not to mention 600.000$ for GT-R.

Why TDU2?

Because its sort of similar to World.

It IS based on online a lot, of course you probably will have single player but it won't be as cool as the multi part.
Most likely no story there too, just racing, buying cars, racing more, buying more cars. Cruising with them too.

Also more cars available on release, and even if there will be a dominant car, its 99% likely going to be just because it would beat other cars from the carlist in real life.

Maybe Elise can beat other cars in T2, but by making it this easy its just not fun.

Silvia - i totally don't get why the car is so dominant. I could understand Supra, Skyline R34, RX-7....but Silvia isn't well known for being so damn fast. I mean it drives in game like some ultra expensive track machine with no luxury at all, just pure speed.

M3 GTR E46 - Every car in tier 3 should be able to compete against it and win.

Oh and TDU 2 should have reasonable car prices.
Black_flame
Stock
Stock

Post by Black_flame »

i think its better to first re-balance all car stats, rather than adding new game modes
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

6 months after what I said, it seems that it's getting more and more that way. There's so much problems on world, people getting ripped off and all, I saw more people quitting World in the last two weeks than ever before! Some are even making an event of quitting World the 27th, which is World's first (and surely last) birthday.
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

Yea i have heard about the event of Quitting world on the 27th.
But from all the players i have seen Quitting from world 70% returned after a short time.
Because its still addicting to play and have fun with friends.
On this point i think this game will still be played over many years from now.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Wow, sounds like people are getting quite negative about it...

However, it seems like an overwhelming amount of people will continue to play it, as loud as the minority who are complaining are, justified or not. A lot of people seem to be unhappy with World's flaws and EA's attempt at fixing/improving them, but most of those people will still continue to play imo.

Doubt World will be a failure this soon.
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

Yea like you say most of those people will still continue to play.
I stopted a time a go to.. but i started to missing the fun we had in private events.
Without cheating players. the game is a lot of fun!
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:However, it seems like an overwhelming amount of people will continue to play it, Doubt World will be a failure this soon.
Most games only remain popular for 6 to 12 months, then players move on to other games. This is the norm for retail game makers, which typically release a new game each year for a series of games.

Most players get burnt out on NFS World after 6 months, but continue to play somewhat. If NFS World is to be considered a failure, it's because of the way the game generates revenue. A normal retail game relies on game conent and quality in order to sell games. NFS World relies on tactics like gambling for performance parts via gold card packs to generate revenue by selling speed boost, and both game content and quality suffer because of this.The gameplay itself suffers, because EA/BB relies on an uneven player field and excesive time spent to level up, buy cars, obtain parts to promote the sale of speed boost.

Looking at EA forums, I've never seen any game with as much negative reaction as NFS World, and this is because of the adversarial relationship between EA/BB developers and the game players. In a sense, EA/BB punishes it's own players as a tactic to promote sales of speed boost.
blacklist777
Stock
Stock

Post by blacklist777 »

Will EA/BB add one by one race like Underground 2 just by flashing light to anyone who roaming in the WORLD (win or lose still got cash & rep point or can win unique Part's / Bodykit's from winning several races) [-o< ̿ ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)

=D>
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Being often on EA's World board, I can tell you that EA found out a way to not have to talk about important issues. Somehow they found a way to put the paying players against the free players. There's a lot of skirmishes between both type of players, somehow paying players think they're the only reason why World is still around. Also, until last week, the mods were the only part of EA's staff to go to the forums. But since last week, Ling, Drew and Marc have showed up a little bit to try to calm the heat. My guess is that a lot of people in the gaming industry have heard of the "bad mood" EA put theirs players in and that give EA bad publicity.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Right now, i just want my favorite cars to be DRIVABLE.

Dominant cars - ok, whatever, let them be. But dont make it so that users are PUNISHED very hard for not using the dominant cars by being stuck with something that....well...uses walls for turning and downhills for accelerating.
Every NFS had a dominant car, but also every other car in the game was DRIVABLE. And there you have a division. Cars that are dominant, and cars that are simply useless for anything other than racing against traffic cars.
Now lets just wait for the anniversary patch that might bring us fixes for GT-R and Supra, because those cars were talked about in Ask Marc episodes. And they already did some changes to GT-R. It still handles like a boat but accelerates a bit faster, and supposedly can reach its top speed now(but i can't test that because there's no road straight enough :D)
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Yeah, they said they were gonna fix them. But doesn't we say we're gonna fix our dog too? The definition of what Marc believe is fixing might not be the same definitions as yours.
imarshag
Stock
Stock

Post by imarshag »

Доброго Вам дня и Благодарим всех за понимание! Красивые фото лестниц - В розыске!!! Нашедшему Огромное Спасибо!!!

Good day to you and thank you for your understanding! Beautiful photos of stairs - in the search! Big thanks to the finder!

Return to “World”