World Final General Discussion Thread

2010 Need for Speed World
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Re: World Final General Discussion Thread

Post by Danyutz »

Logged in yesterday, after a while and i must say that driving @ night feels like U and U2. To bad that the countdown is bugged and there are players that just flee from the start ahead of everyone.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Yeah, normal starts where everyone starts at once just dont happen. Its either you starting early because everyone else expected a 3 2 1, you ram them because you arent first on start and countdown didnt appear, countdown appears but not for everyone, or you have to wait for countdown and others have already started.

BTW nice way to balance this at finish line...when you have to wait for countdown and others dont, and you finish say 1 second after them all, you gain 3 seconds and apparently they all are set 2 seconds behind you.

I had this happen to me 3 times in a row, i was first and then someone else took first after i finished...but i got gold rewards anyway, if that matters, 2 or 1 nitrous...
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bejzik »

I had same situation...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Can Nissan GT-R beat ANY tier 3 cars?
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

I'd usually say my line: "If tuned right, any car can beat any car."

Looking at both the GT-R and the IS-F, however...
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

meh idc about gtrs power, ima still guna buy it rather than the other t3's :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Wow, the drop rate of parts is so bad that anyone who has them gets flamed and called names because they obviously paid for them. No one notices that a patch or two ago the drop rate was fine, and now anyone having parts = must be a boost user according to "The Crowd".

Well? I guess i gotta use my Evo 9 then, that one has only very bad street parts on it. Or use anything else and get called names, but of course even if i had M3 GTR E46 with all the best tuned pro parts, and i would let them win they wouldn't flame me...
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bejzik »

Wipe Your tears,

If people want to buy parts with real money let them.
You are very sensitive about being called names and flames.

Why do You care? You know the truth and that should be enough. There are more then 5000000 accounts in World, of course majority are .....(fill in with proper words).

So chin up and into the lobby friend :)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Bejzik wrote:majority are
BB accounts? :lol:
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Bots driving traffic cars?
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

It seems that lower level races are not plagued so much with sync issues.

Enjoyed racing there for an hour, i used my Evo 9 and Charger R/T mainly, and hey, that Charger with race parts can actually compete with a level 7 player driving a Silvia!

:lol: Doesn't change the fact that Silvia outaccelerated my perfect start Charger on the start line though :|

Noticed that there is an entire army of level 2 Cayman S racers, all of them stock and white. I don't get it.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

No worries. You can smack the Level 2 Cayman's around, even with a 240SX (like I did when I was a low level farming parts from Lucky Towers). Ah, the memories of a 62 win streak I once had.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Does anyone have some hopes for this Tuesday?

You know, is it even possible that a patch will appear?
Or is World dead already?
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

A patch has been confirmed.
Next week. From Podcast #61.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:A patch has been confirmed.
Next week. From Podcast #61.
Thank you.

Posted it in a thread over at World forums.

Wonder how they will react.

This one actually gives me something to wait for amidst all the exams and stuff going on in high school.

I hope this will be a good patch, one that would fix bugs actually...

As for content, i'd be satisfied if they did something about certain cars *cough* GT-R * cough* being ..a bit... too slow.

I'm not sure how reliable wikipedia is for car performance stats, but if what it said is true, the GT-R should be capable of 314 km/h, and in World it seems that it wont even reach 290 km/h without Need For Speed skill, and with it maxed out, not even 300 km/h.

Coupled with brick handling and bad acceleration(it has a good acceleration too in real life, youtube videos cant lie :lol: )
it makes for quite an insult towards Nissan.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

I was reading the thread you posted into and saw one of the posts saying that the Podcast was posted a bit late. If that's true... #-o
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

For whatever reason it seems that it arrived late.

Either way, tommorow Tuesday is make or break for World.

Imo, they should fix one of major bugs (Sync, and pursuit disappearing cops, because THATS why lone spikestrips appear. Spikestrips appear, other parts of the roadblock appear, but cops dont.)
That HAS to be in that patch, or else there will be a ton of rage, and quits(or maybe just ragequits) of people.

Then countdown bug....another one that is annoying but doesn't break it that much.

Then reward cards - needs increased amount of parts, ability to drop pro parts, more variety of powerups - not just nitrous..
And then car balance so that there is some variety in high level races. I was shocked when i went to level 2 tracks.

All kinds of cars. It was genuinely FUN racing my stock Evo 9 there and trying to beat that slightly tuned 240SX.

And then all those minor issues that are fixed every patch, that no one knows a thing about, and usually its just 5 people in whole playerbase affected by them.

AND THEN COMES NEW CONTENT, AFTER ALL THAT.

>_> When bugs are fixed, i wouldn't mind more cars (bundled with: reasonable performance, not announcing 5 cars and in the end giving us 2 and making other 3 speedboost only for rental, and finally releasing one just for only 6k speedboost)
Because at that rate....its boring.
With those bugs in place, and car balance being fked, its boring AND frustrating. Eliminate bugs, and its just boring. Fix car balance, and suddenly its a whole lot funnier because there is variety.

I wouldn't mind if they tossed in permanent Skyline R34 for in game cash together with sync bug fix, but if that is done at cost of fixing pursuits, or any other important thing, then better not do it or you will get quite a bunch of people angry.
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Hmm... I wonder how the shareholders of EA actually see World... I guess they see it as a pit to lose money in. I'm pretty sure they're asking for World to be closed. And what better way to close an online game than making the players quit it? Seriously.

As I see it, when they weren't able to sell starter packs, they decided to pull the plug on the game. But if they just told us: "Look, you didn't buy starterpacks, so we close World", it would've made the players mad at EA. So, to close a game easily without much people wanting your head, you make it seems as if you want the game to work, ie: make patches to repair" stuff, but not what people have reported you, so you're sure that the bugs are still there to annoy them, put out some goodies once in a while, etc, without actually doing what the players ask of you. At the same time, you release other popular and similar products that will get theirs mind off of your free game, while you get money for those "distractions". At one point, players will stop playing and when only a couple of players are still around, you sadly announce that since the game isn't popular enough, you have to pull the plug on it, you thanks the faithful players, yada, yada and VOILÀ!

That's how you cease a service OR close a game without loosing *much* of your clients.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Raced a bit again, 3 times on Stadium & HWY track.

Some level 50 Silvia player comes..

First race- he outaccelerates my race tuned Skyline R34 (yes i bought it, geez, i love that car and its cheapest out of all those "deals" for speedboost.)

Im WTF but i keep racing. I lose, unable to catch his Silvia on the highway part(about 60% of the track)

...i race again....
i start in front of him, and block his ninja rocket acceleration Silvia.

He overtakes me right on the beginning of highway.

As im about to pass him using nitrous and my higher top speed, a black traffic car BLATANTLY STEERS RIGHT INTO ME ON PURPOSE and crashes me into the wall.

Third race against the same guy, using 3 out of 5 NOS i won in last race, i get to the highway part first and then just take the win due to my higher top speed.

I finish....aaand.....

SilviaPlayer(not namecalling..): speedhacker
me: this comes from a 290 km/h Silvia
third player: rammer (dunno who rammed him, i was far in the front so i guess it was that Silvia guy)

Im still laughing.

Seriously, Race TUNED Skyline GT-R R34 V-spec, a great Tier 2 car, is beaten by a friggin tier 1 Silvia.
Twice.
On a highway track where TOP SPEED is what matters.

God, im still level 20 and i get matched up against level 50 ridiculously pro tuned Silvias with infinite nitrous(obviously, he spammed it for the entire 3 races all the time).

Oh, i won tier 2 sport tires, didn't check quality yet but im 99% sure they were Street.

As for the Skyline, its worth that 3k boost.

Half the cost of Snowflake, better performance.

That's strange, i see a lot of Snowflake drivers, while everyone is saying that it is slow and expensive, and only 2 (including me) Skyline R34 drivers.

Anyway, finally a car that can win against Elise...i guess.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Ninja rocket acceleration Silvia. Lawlz.

Did you guys also hear? You can win pro parts from races now. I haven't found one yet, but it's the discovery the few sane people from the Official World Forums made.

Plus, Elven, you have to take into account the three most important race skills, those being Nerves of Steel, Dragster, and Need for Speed. Which is why his Silvia beat your R34 twice.
wbf
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wbf »

I won a dozen of street and race parts, but it seems that only happens on multiplayer races. But pro parts... never heard about it.

About the Elevenavenger races, no matter the skills, rocket Silvias and Elises will always win. I have 2 accounts. With the 1st with a Mazdaspeed and Evo X, i hardly win. The 2nd, with a Silvia, I can beat almost all cars, except Elises. The should balance the cars performances. It's boring to see only Silvias and Elises everywhere.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

I'll share this with you guys as I hunt for more parts.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

And those skills are buggy as hell.

Level 1 NFS skill. Adds 5(or was it 10?) % top speed.

Anyway, Silvia gained 5 km/h (from 240 to 245)

Skyline R34 gained 4 km/h (from 298 to 302)

What?
I would think that percentage from a higher value would give higher results, but its just the opposite in World.

Good job on that Pro Part, motivated me to play World and hunt for parts....NOW.

Farm them before next patch comes and they change drop rate to "none" again! :lol:
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

It's not that the skills are buggy per se, it's just that those skills don't kick in until the second rank.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Anyone found out how to evade Heat 5 (Rhino flood level) pursuits?

Car/power up choices?

I assume Juggernaut and Emergency Evade are absolute musts, anything else?

I'd like to escape just one pursuit, is it even possible?

Return to “World”