Hot Pursuit PC Patch with free cars released!

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Hot Pursuit PC Patch with free cars released!

Post by Bojan »

The second patch for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is now available for PC users and best of all, it contains 3 free cars!

The following issues have been fixed in this patch:
Flickering graphics after Alt-Tabbing out of the game and back.
Controller configurations sometimes failing to save correctly.
Steering response dead-zone when playing with steering wheel controllers.
Player car engine audio volume too low.
Some issues with CPU performance.
Rare crash issue when entering the Career map screen

Extra content:
The Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, the Lamborghini Murciélago LP 650-4 Roadster and the Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible Final Edition.

Download here.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Hot Pursuit PC Patch with free cars released!

Post by YaelDjiel »

pretty sure thats just convertible versions from existing cars.. so, nothing really new
however, free is free... free is good
also fixes are always appreciated.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

YaelDjiel wrote:pretty sure thats just convertible versions from existing cars.. so, nothing really new
however, free is free... free is good
Well, at least the cars are in the PC version...
Reemus
Donator
Donator

Post by Reemus »

I think it that they make somethin like this because Pc platform of this game is the bigest in in world cake imo
http://plasticcarmodels.blogspot.com/
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Bojan wrote:The second patch for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 is now available for PC users and best of all, it contains 3 free cars!
'''Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2''? I think you might wanna edit that XD

Well cool, and it's only 102 mb, but I still want the SCPD rebel pack and Dr Pepper... since those were suppose to be in the game from the beginning.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

What a coincidence, yesterday I was playing Hot Pursuit and I thought "Criterion forgot about the second patch". I'm glad to see they haven't, and the inclusion of the 3 cars from the YouTube One Million Views challenge is a nice and welcome surprise. Too bad the SCPD Rebel Pack and the other DLC is not available on the PC. Maybe that will change in the future, who knows. :)

Anyway I'm going to install it, let's see if they got rid of the wheel deadzone. I'm still using the mod provided by ToCA 3 to use a wheel properly in Hot Pursuit, and I can't play the game without it.

@[T][N][3][R]: The Dr. Pepper racer cars are only for the Xbox 360, they said that before the game got released. :)
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Hydro_PT wrote:
@[T][N][3][R]: The Dr. Pepper racer cars are only for the Xbox 360, they said that before the game got released. :)

Yes and it's horse s*it. Got one more reason not to drink Dr Pepper, apart from the fact that it tastes like cr4p...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

The cars from shiznit promo are available in PC version, atleast they are in the files, and that means hacking may be possible.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I think all cars are in the PC version. EA always leaves those things behind.

Weirdly I haven't seen any hack so far for Hot Pursuit. I haven't search much to be honest, but I expected that by now someone would have managed to hack these cars.

Talking about the cars, I just tried the three new convertibles and they are amazing! Beautiful machines, especially the Lamborghini. What a beast! :D
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

With enough time, we will either hack our way to those cars, or EA will release them.
UltimateGTR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by UltimateGTR »

Finally EA give PC players something new, hope they do the same for the DLCs as well.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Hydro_PT wrote:I think all cars are in the PC version. EA always leaves those things behind.
Not just EA. Apparently removing unnecessary files from the game costs money -.- Rockstar is king at this part.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Sorry for double posting but has anybody else noticed that after this update (or maybe before it, I don't remember) the Dr Pepper and SCPD rebel cars appear as A.I.?
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

i remember seeing Dr Pepper promotion viper and cayman only. dont remember seeing any other
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

[T][U][N][3][R] wrote:Sorry for double posting but has anybody else noticed that after this update (or maybe before it, I don't remember) the Dr Pepper and SCPD rebel cars appear as A.I.?
Do they? I never noticed those cars being used by the AI...
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Hydro_PT wrote:
[T][U][N][3][R] wrote:Sorry for double posting but has anybody else noticed that after this update (or maybe before it, I don't remember) the Dr Pepper and SCPD rebel cars appear as A.I.?
Do they? I never noticed those cars being used by the AI...
I have recently, but the other guy made a point, I've only seen the Viper and Cayman, and maybe some other inconspicuous cars... no Reventon or Veyron 16.4. But I'd be happy to get these 2.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Imo its like with Pro Streets 1.1 patch.

Remember it?

After installing it, you would see unavailable to you cars in races, because on PC you would get the Roadrunner and some Seat, and rest of the cars was unavailable.

Cars like Lancia Delta....Honda S2000....all sorts of cars you had no access to would appear as AI.

And i guess THIS is either a preparation for future DLC, or they were just lazy and ported over ALL DLCs but only unlocked the 3 free cars, as opposed to giving us the real deal.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

ElvenAvenger wrote:or they were just lazy and ported over ALL DLCs but only unlocked the 3 free cars, as opposed to giving us the real deal.
Which is something I don't get at all. If the cars are already converted, if they are on the disc, what is the problem unlocking them, even for a price?? Really, I do not understand that. Especially because they already did that for the Xbox and the PS3, so they don't even have any trouble when it comes to "put" these new cars in the right events. Oh well...
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Hydro_PT wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:or they were just lazy and ported over ALL DLCs but only unlocked the 3 free cars, as opposed to giving us the real deal.
Which is something I don't get at all. If the cars are already converted, if they are on the disc, what is the problem unlocking them, even for a price?? Really, I do not understand that. Especially because they already did that for the Xbox and the PS3, so they don't even have any trouble when it comes to "put" these new cars in the right events. Oh well...
EA.

Return to “News”