Hot Pursuit DLC 3 pack Confirmed

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Hot Pursuit DLC 3 pack Confirmed

Post by Bojan »

Criterion has confirmed 3 new downloadable content packs for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit with the first coming out as soon as next week! All will be available on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, will bring new achievements and trophies and cost $6.99 / €6.99 / 560 MSP each.

The DLC packs are:

Armed and Dangerous - out 22nd Feb.
Armed and Dangerous brings you two all-new game modes - "Most Wanted" is an open world battle where the cops are out to bust a specific racer whilst the racers battle to protect them. Use the open world, weapons and team tactics to win. "Arms Race" is free-for-all racing with all weapons active. Get three new achievements and trophies.

Lamborghini Untamed - out 1st March.
Lamborghini Untamed adds Cop and Racer versions of the legendary Lamborghini Diablo, Countach and Sesto Elemento. We've got 10 new events and 4 new achievements and trophies.

Porsche Unleashed - out 8th March.
Porsche Unleashed brings you yet more Porsche love - the classic '82 Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 959 and 911 Speedster. Check out 10 new events and 4 new trophies and achievements.

http://www.youtube.com/v/qFAhxpQS7jk&&r ... &version=3[/embed]
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Hot Pursuit DLC 3 pack Confirmed

Post by Hydro_PT »

Again no DLC for the PC. I almost regret having bought my copy of Hot Pursuit...
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Hydro_PT wrote:Again no DLC for the PC. I almost regret having bought my copy of Hot Pursuit...
Be happy you didn't pre-order it like yours truly.

I'm really sad face about the 1st one... open world chases, sniff. And the 911... I wanna hit someone.
ficko88
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ficko88 »

Hydro_PT wrote:I almost regret having bought my copy of Hot Pursuit...
Same for me.
DAMN YOU EA!! :cry:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

As reported by Eurogamer, PC gamers needn't lose hope for a little DLC love, with Criterion quoted as saying, "We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience, but on the positive side we do have more updates and content on the way for PC players - look for news very soon."
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Oh guys don't overreact to this. We were all worried about the DLC of the Xbox360 and PS3 that EA decided to put 3 free cars in the Patch 2. Maybe this time we will get a new "patch" but with brand new cars...if not let's get EA! lol just joking :lol:

Nah but seriously, be calm, probably we may get some stuff in this year :) At least I'm glad I have fun with Criterion rather than FailBlackBox lol
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well ok, I do not regret having bought Hot Pursuit. The game gave me lots of fun for more than 40 hours, and it is definitely the best NFS I played in the past 5 years (excluding SHIFT which was also very entertaining).

But this DLC thing just gets on my nerves! Especially because they (Criterion) come up with really stupid excuses, like "we don't have enough staff to port a bunch of cars and events to PC". They could very well say "we don't release DLC on the PC because everyone would just download it for free". Period. I wouldn't like anyway, but at least they would have a valid reason, because let's be honest, all this DLC would probably be pirated, even people who have the original game would think twice before paying for the DLC. I still think they would get profit for it though. That's why they gave us those 3 cars, they were meant to be free since the beginning! If it's free then there's enough staff to port the DLC, if it's payware "oh, we don't have enough staff, we are deeply sorry for any inconvenience".

@GT3x24x7: They said that more than 2 months ago. Do you really think they will ever care about the PC again? Hot Pursuit on the PC is dead for them I bet. And the DLC for the consoles is probably coming to an end too after these 3 DLC, seeing that they already sold enough copies of Hot Pursuit to break even and get a good profit, and also because SHIFT 2 is closing in and EA want people to buy SHIFT 2 when it comes out, not DLC for Hot Pursuit.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hydro_PT wrote:@GT3x24x7: They said that more than 2 months ago. Do you really think they will ever care about the PC again?
Yeah, dunno. Wait and see I guess..
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Countach chassing F1...
Convertible cop car...
More versions of existing cars...

I take it back, I'd have to be retarded to pay for this. You can keep your exclusives, EA.

Return to “News”