SHIFT 2 PC Patch #1 Out

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT 2 PC Patch #1 Out

Post by Bojan »

The first patch for the PC version of SHIFT2 Unleashed has been released and is available for download.

The changes and bug fixes are listed below:
-Common - Online - Catch Up Events - All users are prompted with the same message at the start of a catchup pack/catchup duel event
-Cars - Car wheels intersect or float in the air when the player uses wheels wirh a different diameter to the AI
-Online – Catch Up Modes – Once in-game there is no onscreen objective based message for either the fast car or the slower car/pack.
-VIP Rewards - SHIFT1 PC does not write the entitlement that SHIFT2 looks for correctly
-Online Modes - The host's car is not visible to at least one of the clients in an online lobby
-Online - Players cars are occasionally crashing during rolling starts before the player takes control
-Screen Transistion - Autolog - Player can momentarily get stuck within autolog when launching an event via the speedwall
-Front end - Loading screen - Speedwall - First lap of event sometimes not being recorded by total time resulting in unobtainable World and Regional times
-Cars/tracks - Visually the steering wheel when racing in cockpit views appears overly sensitive at the beginning of the turning circle
-Online - lobby timer - Lobby timer is not appearing to reset back to 1:45 for the client players after a host migration takes place. The new host does see the timer reset.
-Autolog - Speedwall - Erroneous speedwall times - Times can be set within and event which are unrealistic and unfeasible to acquire.
-Tracks - Drift - The last corner on Miami Park Drift track now gives more drift points
-Career - Drift – AI opponent scores are very hard to beat on Miami Park Drift in the last event in Drift Championship
-Camera initialization bug - Certain player views do not initialize correctly at race start
-Physics & Handling - Input lag/delay present on steering wheels
-Cars - McLaren MP4-12C - The Modern A Invitational event cannot be completed with Full Damage settings due to engine blowout
-Online - If a client joins a lobby at the 00:10 mark, he will be stuck in a technical hang in the lobby and the other players will be stuck in a loading screen technical hang
-Cars - Team Need for Speed Mazda RX-8 - The game can remain in a tech hang in the loading screen of events\races when the Team NFS Mazda RX-8 car is used.
-Common - Online – Catch Up Modes – Once in-game there is no onscreen objective based message for either the fast car or the slower car/pack.
-VIP - NFS Undercover VIP not awarded when playing shift 2
-Retail Only - Players stuck on a black screen at the start of offline events
-Photo Mode - Tech hang seen when taking photos in certain resolutions
-VIP - Hot Pursuit LE writes a different entitlement to SE, thus will not be picked up by Shift 2 VIP
Download it here.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: SHIFT 2 PC Patch #1 Out

Post by ElvenAvenger »

So the Miami drift in Final Slide had bugged difficulty.... now i have an excuse as to why i didn't beat it yet. :lol:
StipeP
Ricer
Ricer

Post by StipeP »

And MP4-12C engine blowout was bug as well. Hmm... EA, gime me 30mins of my life back!

I see there is no DLC, even thou many rumoured that it should be included in patch.
r4ptor85
Ricer
Ricer

Post by r4ptor85 »

I almost give up on final drift event...
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

everytime i want to go in to autolog it kicks me out the game. more players got this problem after update?
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I just wonder if consoles get those bugs as well, like with the Miami Park drift...
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Nice to see the first patch out. I'm glad I haven't tried the bugged events yet. :D
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

For some reason the patch gave me the 3 Dr Pepper events.

They WERENT there before it came out, the only mod i've been using for 2 weeks now is to unlock Z06, Exige S and MP4-12c in carlot, because i didn't like being stuck with worksed versions of the first two.
StipeP
Ricer
Ricer

Post by StipeP »

ElvenAvenger wrote:The only mod i've been using for 2 weeks now is to unlock Z06, Exige S and MP4-12c in carlot, because i didn't like being stuck with worksed versions of the first two.
Hey, where can I get that mod?

BTW, before patch, there were 3 more "cards" after GT1 that were closed. You could see them turned to the side if you select GT1 card. I presume they represent the 3 upcoming DLCs. After the patch - they are gone.

Feels like we are about to be screwed again
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Gotta love the wannabe overclockers who went crazy with the release of this patch. It does improve performance on low end systems, but doesn't address the high end systems issues at the moment. Crossfire and SLI are still having issues with the game and SMS are working with AMD and Nvidia to fix them. However this was too much for a few reactionaries to understand, who managed to insult Ian Bell and Griff and get themselves banned from NoGripRacing :D

Anyway it's looking interesting for Shift 2's future as there is a fair bit of content coming our way soon :)

Not happy it's pay for DLC, but until EA change that policy we wont't get much of a choice other than to not get it.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I still see those 'turned to the side' cards.

I never thought of them as a hint of DLC for PC. More likely that, along with everything else that hints at PC release of DLC is just a leftover from console version. They simply took a lot of data from console versions and ended up with some DLC traces here and there.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

ElvenAvenger wrote:... is just a leftover from console version. They simply took a lot of data from console versions and ended up with some DLC traces here and there.
Actually, the devs over at NoGrip said they ported the PC version to the consoles.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

That's something new. You know, im used to PC versions being ports.

Then wonder why they added those DLC traces.
Flash_995
Stock
Stock

Post by Flash_995 »

I did finish the final slide @ 1st place. but came in 2nd in miami. i also hold the regional record for that event.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

I hope the Legends Pack and the Drag Racing come out soon. Along with a performance pack plus ATI and Nvidia pulling their fingers out and doing proper drivers.

Return to “News”