NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT 2 SpeedHunters DLC Trailer

Post by Bojan »

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: SHIFT 2 SpeedHunters DLC Trailer

Post by Hydro_PT »

That's a nice pack, drag was missing from NFS for a long time. I just wish EA would release it on the PC too. Still waiting for the Legends Pack DLC...

As for the cars and tracks, there's nothing really new, since all those cars are special versions of already existing cars. But there's one new track I must talk about, because it is located in Portugal! That was a nice surprise for me. :mrgreen: It is a bit fictitious, but the Aerodrome really exists and there's usually a drag show every year there.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

I'd say the Viper is pretty new, looks like the older model GTS, instead of the now always used SRT-10.
Anyway, didn't think it'd be for PC, and I guess we won't see either pack at all. Would surprise me if we did.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

YaelDjiel wrote:Anyway, didn't think it'd be for PC, and I guess we won't see either pack at all. Would surprise me if we did.
Get ready to be surprised then. I've just read this little bit on VirtualR: "Below is a video trailer, showing off some in-game footage of the new mode. Interestingly, the new DLC pack has been announced to be available for the PC as well, PC gamers will not get their hands on the pack on May 17 though as the upcoming second patch is needed to make the PC version DLC-compatible first."

Indeed SMS released a statement a few days ago about the second patch which says the following:
SMS' Martin Griffiths has already confirmed some of the content of the new patch as the following improvements have already been implemented:

- Multi-player collision improvements.
- Additional anti-alasing mode (MLAA)
- PC DLC support (Publisher driven release decision)
Let's just hope EA decides to release this and the other pack on the PC. I just don't know where VirtualR got the info that this will be released on the PC, but I've been following them for the past year or so and they never got anything wrong. :)
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

I'll believe it when I see it for myself :P

Anyway, it says Publisher driven... Publisher = EA, EA can give us the finger any time they feel like it :D
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Intense Racing was in Pro Street and Race Driver GRID is the most intense true Racing Simulator on PC!
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

GRiD is a sim? lol don't make me laugh. It might not be as arcade as e.g Burnout, but in no way is it a sim.
Game is good though, don't get the wrong idea.

But this whole GRiD >>>>> All attitude of yours is getting a little ridiculous.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

^^^^ You know how Transformer is.

GRID is a good game, but it isn't a simulator at all. The only thing it simulates well are the crashes. :D

Also, ProStreet = intense racing? The cars felt like bricks on rails...
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

YaelDjiel wrote:I'd say the Viper is pretty new, looks like the older model GTS, instead of the now always used SRT-10.
Anyway, didn't think it'd be for PC, and I guess we won't see either pack at all. Would surprise me if we did.
You are right over there mate, it's this car

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/11 ... viper.aspx
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

The whole Your Life is a BIG SIM & I know what I'm talking about... Ridiculous are Your Intentions! :roll:
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

I want it on PC... pleasse [-o<
btw, transformer .. why so childish? I didn't remember you being like that.. :?
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

GRiD = Semi-Arcade+Semi-Sim. Sims are usually far more boring, and Shift 2 doesn't tick all the sim boxes properly either.

Pitstops for fuel and tires + full seasons are needed for proper sims and personally I think is pretty much all that's needed for Shift 2 to take the sim crown. They used some creative direction with the tracks (eau Rouge at Spa for instance isn't accurate) but it was done to give the player more a sense of the corner IRL than to detract from accuracy. However I'd prefer accuracy over that not quite real alteration myself.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

BTW: I got Porsche GT2 in a Drag Mode chosen too... Lo.0L - A Wheelie... :D :D :D I enjoy it really! 8)

Return to “News”