The Run first video review out

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

The Run first video review out

Post by Bojan »

With Need for Speed The Run release being tomorrow, the reviews have started coming in. One of the first is up on Gametrailers. For the impatient, they gave it a final score of 8.4.
Check it out here.

Also if you want to see more of The Run, they'll be streaming the first hour of gameplay today at 3pm PST (23:00 GMT) and 6pm PST (02:00 GMT). Senior producer Steve Anthony will also be there to answer your questions.
More info and live stream link
Antlint
Ricer
Ricer

Re: The Run first video review out

Post by Antlint »

Looking impressive so far. Can't wait! :D
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

IGN NFS The Run Review XBOX360
Score: 6.5

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212405p1.html

IGN NFS The Run Review PS3
Score: 6.5

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212394p1.html

More reviews here (XBOX360)

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360 ... ed-the-run

So, they couldn't achieve the 9.0 they were looking for. Sadly, this may bring consequences to BlackBox....again...maybe not. But I'm not actually conviced about this game. I tested the demo but it was like "meh"...nothing less, nothing more.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

From what I've read on IGN just then, it appears to have been the game I feared it would be - won't be picking this one up I think.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I'll be sticking to Forza Motorsport 4 now, I don't seem very likely to get this one, maybe when price drops at steam or in a offer lol and actually I'm being dragged intro TES V Skyrim but I'm resisting as much as I can xD

Does anyone feel that Criterion should come to the rescue....again? :roll:
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

if Criterion makes another "return to the classics" I REALLY hope it's a complete REMAKE of High Stakes, in the sense that what it WAS... the way it worked, the tracks it had, only enhanced with new graphics engine and new cars...

forget about open world... that's not important anymore... as I see no one "exploring" neither
MAYBE add a tuning/modding/customization option...

and about the Run, I haven't played it yet... only the 2 stages on the demo on PS3... other than that, I'll have to see to have a true opinion to myself.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

So in short, it's the graphics and soundtrack that is giving it a "decent" score.

Reading the IGN review, they simply destroyed the game in terms of story mode and overall gameplay.

The older NFS games always managed to keep me interested all the way up till Most Wanted.
But recently they just can't get me to play them beyond the demo.
I had a good feeling about HP, but once I played the demo that feeling went away with it's super arcade style handling.
I don't mind a bit of arcade style like in Most Wanted and Underground etc.

The shots of The Run did look good, but then the guys at EA are masters at making stuff look great (in preview shots)
little bit disappointed at the cutscene shots while racing, it looks old and un refined, like they said in the review (GT it was I think) crude textured interiors etc, did not expect that from a game that uses the frostbite 2 engine.

Overall I think I'll stick with Forza 4 when it comes to racing games.

Return to “News”