Update to SHIFT 2: Unleashed servers

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Update to SHIFT 2: Unleashed servers

Post by Hydro_PT »

For anyone who still plays SHIFT 2: Unleashed, please be aware that today (February 6th), EA will be implementing an update to the game's servers. As a result of this update, players will no longer be able to change their EA account password from within SHIFT 2: Unleashed. If you do attempt to change your password from within the game you will receive an error message stating that the new password is invalid.

In other words, if you change your EA/Origin account password, you will have to start a new game in SHIFT 2 if you want to connect to Autolog and play online (if you don't use Autolog or play online, then you can keep your savegame).

This has long been an issue in SHIFT 2, and it seems that EA decided not to fix it. In case you really need to change your password, be ready to start your career from scratch in SHIFT 2. There is no word about other NFS games, so it shouldn't be an issue in Hot Pursuit, The Run (both use Autolog) or World.
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Update to SHIFT 2: Unleashed servers

Post by honke »

I chanced my password from Shift 2 with the reason to get this error message stating that the new password is invalid. Because If i wanted to check my Autolog, the game always kicked my out or the game would just Hang/crash. So this was a easy solution. :lol:
datass
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by datass »

more pointless bulls*** from ea...
User deactivated: Being a total douchebag.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Hydro_PT wrote: This has long been an issue in SHIFT 2, and it seems that EA decided not to fix it. In case you really need to change your password, be ready to start your career from scratch in SHIFT 2.
Pathetic. No other words for it really.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

^^^^ Couldn't agree more. I had this problem a long time ago too; at the time a lot of gaming websites were being hacked pretty much everyday, so I decided to change all my passwords for stronger ones, just in case. And after I changed EA's/Origin's password, SHIFT 2 wouldn't let me login to Autolog and play online. I had my profile but it was SP only. If it was an illegal copy of the game I wouldn't mind, but my SHIFT 2 is original, so yes I do want Autolog and MP. At the time there was no solution but to either start SHIFT 2 from scratch or revert to the old password. I had to revert to the old password, which I keep until today because of SHIFT 2. --'
DeZtRoYaH
Stock
Stock

Post by DeZtRoYaH »

anyone else having an Autolog crashing game issue?.... it's irritating me

Return to “News”