Unlocked performance parts, where are they?

2010 Need for Speed World
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Unlocked performance parts, where are they?

Post by Hydro_PT »

After some months of being totally absent from NFS World, I recently started to play again. Even though the game still has too many bugs, EA has added some new stuff that I find interesting. Mainly, the Treasure Hunt streak, which is great for levelling up, and Team Escape (I don't really race or tune my cars).

And that's why I need some help related to performance parts. Everytime I gain a performance part by completing a treasure hunt, where does that part go to? I can't find it on the performance shop, so I'm forced to buy one. I spent almost all my money fully upgrading my Tier 1 car (VW Scirocco) and my Tier 2 car (Lotus Elise). I've already gained 3 performance parts and I simply can't find them. Are they automatically installed? Because I usually complete the treasure hunt with the BMW M3 (Tier 3 car), so the performance parts cannot be installed on that car. I've bought yesterday the Cayman S Treasure Hunter to make things easier (it was quite cheap). But I would really like to know how do you get those performance parts after all... I still have some cars to upgrade and I have no more money, so free stuff is welcome. :)
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Unlocked performance parts, where are they?

Post by honke »

go to the performance shop and select the round button (inventory) there you can find all parts you win. ;-)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Thanks a lot honke. I will try that later on today. :)

Btw, can you sell those parts if you are not interested in them? I only have one Tier 1 car, and it is fully upgraded already, but I probably have a couple of Tier 1 parts and I really don't need them.

Oh, and another question. You can only upgrade a car with the parts that correspond to the car's tier, right? For instance, you cannot install Tier 3 brakes on a Tier 2 car, right? Also, there are "normal" parts, I think, and "sport parts" (they have a blue colour around their name). These parts are usually better (and they cost more money). Are there any more parts? I've heard something about "pro parts" that are special rewards...
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

Your welcome, And yes you can sell the parts you don’t like.
Also you can only upgrade a car with the parts that correspond to the car's tier this is right.

About the parts there or in all categories T1 T2 T3, 3 types series of parts,

Street sport
Street improved
Street tuned

Race sport
Race improved
Race tuned

Pro sport
Pro improved
Pro tuned

How higher the Tire from the part how more cash it cost or earn if you sell it.
Pro tuned parts or the best and make your car faster..
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Again, thanks a lot honke. That helped me out. :)

I didn't even notice, until today, that there was another menu behind the shop menu, called inventory. It is well hidden. :mrgreen:

I sold some of the parts and used others. I had one Race Tuned engine (I think) which boosted my Elise. Those parts are really nice, too bad you can't buy them (or maybe you can in higher levels, I'm only at level 18).
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

Your welcome,
And you can buy them but not with ingame cash.
Only Goldpacks with boost and to tell the truth it not worth it..
Sadly you need much luck to win the part you want with goldpack.

The best way now to get parts is TH v2.0 Make a long winning streak..
To give you a little understanding how it works:

Wrench with Bronze background = Street Part of any rarity
Wrench with Silver background = Race Part of any rarity
Wrench with Gold background = Pro Part of any rarity
Suitcase with "+" Power-up console = Power-up
Question mark with Gold background = either a Pro Part of any rarity or a Power-up

And the second best way to win parts is to drive privet events together with friends.
How more players you have in a group event.
How bigger the chance to win a part if you finish first or second..
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I was tempted to buy a Goldpack yesterday, but thought twice and decided not to. It's like gambling, if you win you will try again, if you lose you will... try again. :P It's a waste of SB (= real money). I just spent, for the first time, 10€ to get some SB (I really wanted the Cayman S Treasure Hunter), so I might as well save it.

I'm not really competitive, I just do TH, some pursuits, Team Escape and occasionally a race or two, so there's no need for the best parts. In-game cash is enough for all the performance parts. I have lots of cars (about 10), because I had a lot of SB when I started my profile (30,000 for participating in all betas, I think). Not all of them are fully upgraded, and the ones that are I just use for racing. The BMW M3, Corvette Z06 (with a very nice Cop paintjob I did xd) and Audi R8 "Darius" (vinyls by me, not the Darius car EA sells) are the ones I usually use.

My winning streak is now at Day 9, which is quite good. I intend to complete a TH every day now, and if I miss one, I don't mind spending a little SB to keep the streak. It is a nice way to level up, gain money and parts/powerups.
JSFAST
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JSFAST »

Go for Treasure Hunt 2.0, it gives 9 parts in the first 18 days, 3 pro, 3 race and 3 street, also three per tier.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

I just realized a couple of weeks back that this Treasure Hunt this is necessary for getting some competitive parts for my car. I turned lvl 25 and all of a sudden my rocking winning streak is shattered to bits :s So time to get some serious hardware ;)

Unfortunately I missed a day at day 8 and now i'm only back at 4. But what's this Treasure Hunt v2.0? Is there a v1.0 that I might have left enabled, or is that just renewed in the game? I don't need to flip some switch I missed?
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Treasure Hunt v2.0 is just a name that they came up with so people realize that they made big changes to how the TH works (compared to the first version). You don't have to do anything, the game is updated automatically, and if you had already an 8-day streak, then you are playing TH 2.0. :)

As for the parts, the only reason I keep doing TH is because of the reputation. Because after day 19 you stop receiving good parts. The bigger your streak, the less performance parts you get. Yes, this is true, unfortunately. I'm on a 99-day streak and I got one performance part every 15 days or something like that. In the beginning you know exactly when you will get a performance part.
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

As soon as the Gold Question marks or showing I start over again haha.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

99 days.... that's pretty long =D>

Restarting after the gold questionmarks is a good trick yea :) I'm sure I'll be restarting lots of times
aline1996
Donator
Donator

Post by aline1996 »

hehe i came to day 25 and in the days with the gold questionmarks i won 2 perf parts Pro tuned :P
Reality is as Real as we think it is
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

ha yeah the treasure hunt is pretty good. i only started playing this game 2 days ago and i've gotten some great stuff already (i'm on 3day streak so far). too bad i only have a tier 1 car haha
i have nothing more to add
aline1996
Donator
Donator

Post by aline1996 »

wait for the really great stuff then ;)
3 day streak is nothing. wait for day 12 you'll get a nice part for your Tier 1
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I think I will stop my TH on day 120. :( I get no good parts anymore, and since I'm "running out" of boost (only 173,790 left), I can't buy card packs with pro parts for my cars as I usually do. So I have to get those pro parts the other way, and TH is that way. I don't like the idea of breaking that amazing streak, but you get nothing by doing so many days. In fact, the more you keep doing TH, the rarer pro parts become.
aline1996
Donator
Donator

Post by aline1996 »

WTF running out of boost :s
i have only 12 or something ;P

didn't know TH worked that way :P
340 day streak: 1 propart in 100 days :P
ahmedadel
Stock
Stock

Post by ahmedadel »

regards

how can me do post in forum

please tell me

and how can me be admin in this site
thank you :D
User deactivated:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

"how can me do post in forum"

You already did by posting that.

"and how can me be admin in this site"

Ehh... stick around and you will find out, eventually. :lol:
aline1996
Donator
Donator

Post by aline1996 »

hehe i didn't even get your whole message....
glad Hydro_PT did ;P
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Day 30 now, nothing special going on lately, just boxes of silly traffic magnet power ups... I'm still waiting for a big performance part

But the holidays are coming up, what do you guys do? Because EA got us addicted to collecting our little shiny stones. Do you do the treasure hunt during the vacations on a free hotspot at McDonalds :) ?
aline1996
Donator
Donator

Post by aline1996 »

hehe nope not the mac at the burgerking xD

Return to “World”