Most Wanted 2 wishlist/discussion thread

The Future of Need For Speed
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Most Wanted 2 wishlist/discussion thread

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Bearing in mind that at this stage it is just a rumour, what are you thoughts on a sequel to Most Wanted?

Use this thread for free discussion, but also posts your ideas on what you'd like to see in the game, and I'll collate them here in the first post.
IDEAS
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Most Wanted 2 wishlist/discussion thread

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Personally, I hope that they make big steps of evolution in regards to gameplay, we've been getting near identical cop gameplay for years (Carbon, Undercover, World). Customization wise, I still long for the day in which we return to body customization close to the UG1/2 days. Vinyl wise, just make sure the limit's large and there's a wide range of quality vinyl selections. Also, please, remember to include all the tools like flip, mirror, etc. I'm already thinking back to Shift 1, the pain.

Graphics, I would assume would be using Frostbite 2 once again, considering it was able to render open world's well despite its detail. No question, it'll look amazing, but make I would prioritize performance over visuals. Also with the PC version, make sure it's well optimized, no shotty ports thanks.

With the game world, it's hard to go against the bigger the better philosophy. More importantly though, I hope there's a wide variety of roads, areas etc. Not necessarily the more novel areas (like the golf course in MW), but a wide range of realistic locales. Nothing wrong with the 'novel' areas, just make sure they're well integrated in the world, not out of place. Honestly, I would like to have a city more like Bayview and the game be a bit more 'tuner culture' than MW on. I also think Bayview was a great example of a world that didn't feel silly, but had a really good variety of roads.

As rumoured, the game sounds like it will have a very cinematic edge, in both the cutscenes and the gameplay itself. I think this sounds great, and MW is very suited to a cinematic style, and I'd like the see The Run-esque in-game cut scenes as opposed to the live action sequences that appeared in MW/C/UC. If they go the in-engine cuts cene route, they need a protagonist btw. It's all pointless if the story itself is as empty and meaningless as The Run's though, so please, get someone in to create a good story. Also, no quick time events.

Anyway, to sum that all up, I would love Most Wanted 2 to be more or less true to the gameplay structure of the original, but with the tuner culture of UG and slightly more urban setting, but retaining the open roads of MW onwards that made the cop chases so good. Refined and hopefully revolutionized cop chases, a wide variety of race modes, and an engaging and cinematic story.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

I would like to see an NFS widely based on the whole tuning scene of japan, and to also collaborate other tuning scenes, like european and american tuning culture, all brought together in one big game. Also the type (nationality) of street racing brought together would be awesome, like when I think of street racing in Japan, first thing that comes to my mind is touge, US: Drag. IDK what europes whole street racing scene is though, off to youtube.
Instagram @SupraHKS
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

The new NFS has been officially announced, not the name, but it shows up in the annual finnancial stuff of EA, and it may appear around October 2012 :)

Source:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... -fall.aspx
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Heh, it's funny to read through the comments.. just about everyone wants something different from the game :P
cooking_
Stock
Stock

Post by cooking_ »

Graphics, I would assume would be using Frostbite 2 once again, considering it was able to render open world's well despite its detail. No question, it'll look amazing, but make I would prioritize performance over visuals. Also with the PC version, make sure it's well optimized, no shotty ports thanks.

Return to “NFS 2022”